HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:00 AM
Firecracker!
San Francisco & Santa Cruz
Joined Oct 2004
2,364 Posts
Help!
Evo 9: Landing mode changes servo positions

I haven't flown in a month or so, and today I powered up my 6 servo glider and Evo 9 to check out the settings. I have flown this plane many times.

Things looked fine in the "normal" flight mode (mode 1). Then I put it into "landing" mode (mode 4), and everything but the rudder changed position. Flaps and elevator came down, ailerons went up. I have crow linked to the throttle stick, and it looked like the throttle stick was half-way down, but it was full up.

The only thing I know that can do this is to have a different trim position set in landing mode. When I look at the trim position for the various controls, it is the same in both normal and landing modes. And anyway, the positions for the controls are far outside what you can set with a trim.

Something has changed since the last time I flew, and I have no idea what it could be. I'm sure I'm using the correct model, I checked that several times.

Help!
BillO is offline Find More Posts by BillO
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
Firecracker!
Joined Oct 2004
2,364 Posts
I noticed that all the six-servo planes had the same problem, so I suspected maybe the throttle stick had gone bad. To test that idea, I assigned the spoiler function to one of the sliders instead of the throttle stick, and presto everything was back to normal!

Guess this radio needs service then...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
Firecracker!
Joined Oct 2004
2,364 Posts
Anybody want to add something? Similar experience, yea/nay on the diagnosis, whatever...