Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:44 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by varesa View Post
Thank you for you response

I can't really move the batteries any further back, as that space gets smaller. They are already as far back as I can get them.

I have also tried trimming it up. It doesn't seem to pull up, no matter how much (or little) I pull the stick
Lots of folks are removing foam so that the pack can move back so your Radjet may have to go under the knife.
Re props - the right way is with the numbers pointing in the direction of travel. You will still get some thrust with it on backwards but often not enough to fly especially on high kv motor equiped models
Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:47 PM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Nicely done! I have to say that elevator response isn't something I find lacking in the Radjet, but props to you for a nicely done mod.
Looks like she can now fly slower than a stock one?

Could you pls post a pic(s) of the mechanism inside?

I've shelved my L/R vectoring motor mount plans for a little bit, for now just going to enjoy flying it as is (2826 2000rpm/kV motor).
tally ho!
Hopefully you can see how its done from the pics
There is some lexen made into the right shape to hold a servo and is glued to the plane then the servo is double sided taped into the lexen mount.
The alloy shaft that holds the canards goes through some plastic tubing which is glued into the plane.
The canards themselves are made out of some kind of ridged plastic.
and the servo is a Hitec HS65BB
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Radjet 800 on board wingcam test

Radjet 800 on board wingcam canard test. (1 min 49 sec)

Radjet 800 on board wingcam test
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined Sep 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
Lots of folks are removing foam so that the pack can move back so your Radjet may have to go under the knife.
Re props - the right way is with the numbers pointing in the direction of travel. You will still get some thrust with it on backwards but often not enough to fly especially on high kv motor equiped models
Andy
How could I remove the foam that is deep inside the plane?

I can't also see any markings on the propellor. The prop I have is the one that came with the PNF. I believe it is the right way though, from looking at the shape. I think it gets pretty good thrust, from feeling it in my hand, plus it "goes down" pretty fast at full throttle.

I think I could try launching it from somewhat higher, to see how it behaves if it could stay in the air a bit longer.
varesa is offline Find More Posts by varesa
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:33 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,982 Posts
harly - thanks for the pics, and excellent videos!

varesa - most people likely remove the top cap(s) of foam that runs along the top of the fuse back from the cockpit.

The picture below shows the "ARF" (kit) version, in the "PNP" version the top of the fuse (unfortunately) comes pre-glued. You can see some of the "seams" clearly, while some are hidden under the decals.
Using new, sharp exacto blades or equiv you can cut through the seams (start with shallow cuts) with the goal of minimizing cuts where there is no seam.
Getting the motor mount "cap" and wider area just in front were the biggest challenges for me, ended up tearing a bit of non-seam area.
Once you get the long, narrow section directly behind the cockpit off you can easily trim the top, bottom, and/or sides to allow more space for the battery.
Some chose to inset rare-earth magnets to re-fix the caps, I just use clear scotch tape.

It's a shame that HK US warehouse doesn't stock the "kit" version. They're $33 from China, but shipping brings the price very close to the full $60ish PNP version from the states.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Last edited by Kurt; Sep 03, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:30 AM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,813 Posts
I use a "hot wire" stick to remove the foam. Slowly follow the contour and make repeat passes. Steady as she goes.
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
ark on a 6x4 apc prop and you will find it allot better.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:26 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
What camera did you use harlyquin76?
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
What camera did you use harlyquin76?
for that last video it was just a hobbyking wingcam.
i normaly use a canon hd video camera and a gopro hd
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:14 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
I'll have to look it up. Looks much better than my old flycamone2

Edit: No wonder, it is 30fps while the flycamone2 is like 20fps. And I like the slim profile and looks lightweight. Just right for a small jet like the Radjet...
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Here is a pic of the wingcam on my radjet
ive mounted it to the grey foam block for a better view.
The camera is about $30 from hobbyking and they now sell version 2 which is a much better version for about $90 (wingcam 2)
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Sep 2011
95 Posts
I bought a motor fly 2210-2200kv. I want to use the 1300 3S batteries. Has anyone tried this moter on a Radjett.

5.5 x 5.5 prop 290 watts 26 amps 24oz thrust 100mph pitch speed

Going with a 30 amp ESC. Just wondering what Kind of speed and which prop I need to use.
gard72977 is offline Find More Posts by gard72977
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:36 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
Here is a pic of the wingcam on my radjet
Nice.
Today I taped an 808 HD keychain cam on the canopy facing backwards, to video what I had hoped to be cool smoke trails from twin smoke bombs fitted to the wingtips.
Even doubling up the smoke powder "loads" they only lasted about 10 seconds, and twice the "bombs" fell out of the holders I bolted to the wings, but for a little bit it was cool
The RJ barely seemed to notice the extra weight of the cam and bombs, with the 2826 motor and 1.3A 3S nano-tech she SCREAMS.
I did finally experience the dreaded "death spiral". On her 3rd or 4th flight of the day go up for a majestic tail slide about 300' up. Instead of just flopping over as usual and tightening up she started to spin and flip crazily. Tried juicing the throttle, pulling back, both, nothing worked. &@^!. Luckily she pancaked into some tall, relatively fluffy grass right next to the runway. No damage - checked out the controls and tossed her right back in the air.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Last edited by Kurt; Sep 03, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Nice job Kurt, thats pretty cool!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:08 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
I'll have to look it up. Looks much better than my old flycamone2

Edit: No wonder, it is 30fps while the flycamone2 is like 20fps. And I like the slim profile and looks lightweight. Just right for a small jet like the Radjet...
Here is the huge HD keycam thread. 17 grams and 30fps. Read the 1st few posts as Tom keeps this up to date with the latest info http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1556994&pp=100
Here is a vid shot from my Blizzard

MPX Blizzard Aerial videos,key cam #16 26May12 (5 min 23 sec)

Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain