Closed Thread
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:10 AM
Mississauga, Ontario
Joined Apr 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
How do you mount it?

its hot glued on! Extremely firm and has not come off at all in flight. When I need to remove it, I simply apply the appropiate angled pressure and it comes off. The glue comes completely off the camera and lens so nothing is blemished!

Can't wait to get this airborne on the weekend. had this lens on the #3 camera previously and had EXCELLENT results (see link)

RC plane crash and recovery (8 min 54 sec)
TorontoR is offline Find More Posts by TorontoR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:47 AM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,398 Posts
Wow. Not sure I'd trust it on my Stryker.

"We demand that you bring us ... a shrubbery!"
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:08 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,507 Posts
Carefull of those light poles, they have airplane magnets in them!
I thought of a piece of tape over the mic hole for airborne noise.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:59 AM
SAINT-LOUIS (68) FRANCE
Joined Jan 2008
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinside View Post
papayankee, can you describe what happens when you put in the car charger cable and then try to record?
No change : continous yellow led blinking ! The red led is off due to fully charged battery.

I think a failure in the memory card connector.
I have cleaned the contacts of the card with alcohol : no change.

There is a small sticker on the side of the cam which must be removed to open the shell. May be this is a warranty sticker so I will wait the seller comments .
Thanks
papayankee is offline Find More Posts by papayankee
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:51 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
I have two of these on the #3 808 cameras. They work great. I also added UV filters to the front of them.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14953

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:52 AM
Poland
Joined Dec 2010
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayankee View Post
No change : continous yellow led blinking ! The red led is off due to fully charged battery.

I think a failure in the memory card connector.
I have cleaned the contacts of the card with alcohol : no change.

There is a small sticker on the side of the cam which must be removed to open the shell. May be this is a warranty sticker so I will wait the seller comments .
Thanks
One of my 808 # 3 was positioned inside the card reader that when inserting the card is slid over the reader at times. Why are you going to do the same.
Card is sitting right side of the camera and the LED blinks if there were no cards.
jantares is offline Find More Posts by jantares
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:55 AM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-turley View Post
I have two of these on the #3 808 cameras. They work great. I also added UV filters to the front of them.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14953

Tony
how are you mounting yours Tony? Hot glue also?

It seemed to work for Toronto but I have to agree with Mclarkson, it sure seems like a shakey way to mount it. Maybe blue painters tape would be better

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:31 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
how are you mounting yours Tony? Hot glue also?

It seemed to work for Toronto but I have to agree with Mclarkson, it sure seems like a shakey way to mount it. Maybe blue painters tape would be better

Yabba
I use 3M reclosable fasteners (velcro) to mount the camera on a plane. The velcro is glued on using supplemental adhesive -- UHU creativ.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I use 3M reclosable fasteners (velcro) to mount the camera on a plane. The velcro is glued on using supplemental adhesive -- UHU creativ.
Yeah Bill, I always (almost always) mount the camera with velcro also. I meant how was he mounting the lens to the camera.

Thx,
Yabba
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joespeeder View Post
Hey Guys,

Back in the dark ages when I got my #3 cams I tried to set the date stamp to a date with the year 1943 since the stamp wasn't removable. It wouldn't work.

It's a dumb question but is it possible to set the year to some time in the 40's on the new #11's.

I'll remove the date but at some point I might want a good warbird date on my footage.

Joe
Still thinking about your idea, here's how I would do it. Font is DigifaceWide (downloadable) which simulates early (if not 1944!!) readouts. I chose the time to be same as the start of D-Day

d day - first 21 seconds.mpg (0 min 23 sec)
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:52 PM
United States, CA, Redwood City
Joined Oct 2001
90 Posts
Follow up on memory problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacsteve View Post
I have ordered a class 6 micro sd card. I have only the one unknown speed card.

Yes indeed I can copy a word document on to the memory and lo and behold the next time I try to make a movie it works. Then if I remove the word document it doesn't work. So it's a small price to pay for getting it to work. But I now have videos.

Other anomalies (features?):

1. After turn on the shortest push of the small button I get three flashes and dark - movies mode. There is no opportunity to take jpgs which is supposed to be a short pulse as it goes immediately into movie mode.

2. I did manage to get a jpg by pushing the large button after turn on, got the flash. But would not go into movie mode until I turned it off and back on again.

3. It will only take one movie and then I terminate. After that it will not start another movie or jpg until after I turn it off with the big button.

4. After all that sort of success I erae everything - nothing works.

5. Put the word file back, took 3 movies in a row, but no jpgs.

I'll try the faster memory card next week and report.

Every thing works fine with the new Transcend class 6 memory card (4GB) rather than the old San Disk 2GB from my low res key fob card. Camera functions as it should. No need to fool around with dragging an extra file in to force it (somehow) to save a movie. Stills/videos all work per your instructions. I guess you really must heed that broken english instruction to use a high speed card. Would have been nice if they had provided with the camera. $10 bucks on Amazon.
slacsteve is offline Find More Posts by slacsteve
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:02 PM
Davison, MI
Joined Sep 2007
1,227 Posts
Thanks victapilot,

Looks good. Post production is a much better way of doing it now that we can remove the time stamps.

I was just trying to use the date stamp in the #3 cams for something useful when I tried this originally.

A BIG thanks to everyone that is revealing the inner secrets of these cams !!

and now the fun begins.....

Joe
Joespeeder is online now Find More Posts by Joespeeder
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:20 PM
UK, West Sussex, Chichester
Joined Aug 2008
179 Posts
I am having cataract surgery next month replacing a lens in my eye whilst awake,.If i think about it i will ask the surgeon for any spares that he may have floating about for camera experiments,or maybe i will just my pants.
ballores is offline Find More Posts by ballores
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:28 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballores View Post
I am having cataract surgery next month replacing a lens in my eye whilst awake,.If i think about it i will ask the surgeon for any spares that he may have floating about for camera experiments,or maybe i will just my pants.
OT
That Op is no sweat - had it done just before xmas - 15 mins, no sweat, no pain, no problems & now no glare from oncoming cars/low sun
Mike
The worst part is the Paper work system & Dragons before and after the actual OP.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:20 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballores View Post
Easy as pie You just lay there and the gas passer asks if you are starting to get drowsy and if you are able to answer him (I did), believe me, that's the last thing you will remember until you wake up

And empeabee is right, everything is so much colorful and bright and clearer. It will make you realize that you've been looking at things for the last several years thru a dirty window pane.

My Mom had it several years before mine and the day they took the patch off, she called me and was bubbling like a little school girl about how much more colorful and clearer everything was. I thought "that's cute". And then I had mine and I understood why she had been so happy.

Good luck
Yabba
Closed Thread