Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Australia, NSW, Windsor
Joined Apr 2006
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modea2 View Post
Zoandar

How many times do you try switching off and on your quad before deciding it's lost the bind?
I switch the TX on first of course but mine rarely binds first time. I just switch the quad off - try again - if no bind - switch off and on again - and so on. Once it took about 5 tries before I could arm the motors and fly, but usually it's 2 times. Quite a number of others have the same thing I've found. I have a 6i too but I think it also occurs with the stock TX.
Hope that helps, Mike.
I've only bound my 350qx twice, once when I purchased it and bound it to my DX8 then later when I upgraded to my new DX9, and I owned for nearly a year now. You guys must be doing something wrong or it is bound ok but your thinking it isn't. As Andy from Spektrum has repeatable said, binding is never lost.

Nigel.
Corona44 is offline Find More Posts by Corona44
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
Joined May 2013
73 Posts
Okay I've heard that with the newer 350QXs (firmware maybe?) that binding is difficult and some folks need Blade customer service to walk them through it.

Anyone know anything if this? And what's the procedure to avoid customer service assistance?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
Petepala1961 is offline Find More Posts by Petepala1961
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona44 View Post
I've only bound my 350qx twice, once when I purchased it and bound it to my DX8 then later when I upgraded to my new DX9, and I owned for nearly a year now. You guys must be doing something wrong or it is bound ok but your thinking it isn't. As Andy from Spektrum has repeatable said, binding is never lost.

Nigel.
Same here, have never lost a bind.

What I think is happening here is the TX is too close to the 350QX when you turn it on.

Try to keep it 2 meters away (6 feet) at least.

Also, if your TX is an older DSM2 version, it is essential to turn the TX on and leave it for at least 10 seconds before you turn on the 350QX.

The DSM2 radios need to scan the 2.4 band first then find the least populated channels before they will transmit - This can take several seconds.

If you turn on the 350QX before the TX is actually transmitting (even though it may be switched on) the quad will go into bind mode.
Rob2160 is offline Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
978 Posts
OK, I tried again today. Powered on the DX6i, set it down, and carried the QX 16 feet away, with its tail facing the TX and set it level on the ground. First time I switched on the QX, blue flashing bind mode. Toggled the switch and on the second try I got flashing green (looking for GPS).

I walked back to the DX6i 16 feet away and tried a trick I had read where flipping RTH on and off again will sometimes being a GPS lock. That had no effect. Twice. But after a few more seconds, the QX did lock to GPS and chirp its notifier code. After that it flew nicely through the whole lipo pack.

So, I think I had been making 2 mistakes. One, I had not tried toggling the QX power of and on when it tries to start out in bind mode (after having been bound). Two, I was not waiting long enough to let the QX acquire GPS satellites.

I can't speak to the issue of whether bind actually ever gets lost or not, but I do seem to recall once I did have to rebind my DX6i to the Spektrum RX I had mounted on an old Esky Honey Bee Fixed Pitch, because something happened and it would NOT fly until I re-ran the bind. Then it worked fine after that.

My personal belief is that anything electronic can become corrupted and need a reboot now and then.

Thanks for the help and pointers!
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old Yesterday, 11:34 PM
That sky looks like ground...
United States, CA, Shingle Springs
Joined Sep 2013
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
Same here, have never lost a bind.

What I think is happening here is the TX is too close to the 350QX when you turn it on.

Try to keep it 2 meters away (6 feet) at least.
+1 I've never lost bind either. My pre-flight routine after inspection is turn on the radio, set it down on the hood of my truck, then walk 10-15 feet and set the quad down on the launch area before powering it up.

Edit: Radio: DX5e (RTF radio)
Wrath is online now Find More Posts by Wrath
Last edited by Wrath; Yesterday at 11:36 PM. Reason: Radio note.
Old Today, 04:00 AM
Joined Jul 2013
540 Posts
have an older DX6I and each time a bind will be needed.

will have to try a one minute standby on the DX6I see if that is true.

or the DX6I goes in for Firmware upgrade, that will fix the bind.
crave is offline Find More Posts by crave
Old Today, 04:13 AM
Australia, NSW, Windsor
Joined Apr 2006
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post
OK, I tried again today. Powered on the DX6i, set it down, and carried the QX 16 feet away, with its tail facing the TX and set it level on the ground. First time I switched on the QX, blue flashing bind mode. Toggled the switch and on the second try I got flashing green (looking for GPS).

I walked back to the DX6i 16 feet away and tried a trick I had read where flipping RTH on and off again will sometimes being a GPS lock. That had no effect. Twice. But after a few more seconds, the QX did lock to GPS and chirp its notifier code. After that it flew nicely through the whole lipo pack.

So, I think I had been making 2 mistakes. One, I had not tried toggling the QX power of and on when it tries to start out in bind mode (after having been bound). Two, I was not waiting long enough to let the QX acquire GPS satellites.

I can't speak to the issue of whether bind actually ever gets lost or not, but I do seem to recall once I did have to rebind my DX6i to the Spektrum RX I had mounted on an old Esky Honey Bee Fixed Pitch, because something happened and it would NOT fly until I re-ran the bind. Then it worked fine after that.

My personal belief is that anything electronic can become corrupted and need a reboot now and then.

Thanks for the help and pointers!
It's always a good habit to wait another 30 seconds after the 350QX say's it has (minimum) GPS lock, the GPS signal continues to be analysed after the first lock thus improving the HDOP giving you even between GOS Column lock. This applies to all models using GPS for positioning.
Corona44 is offline Find More Posts by Corona44
Old Today, 04:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crave View Post
have an older DX6I and each time a bind will be needed.

will have to try a one minute standby on the DX6I see if that is true.

or the DX6I goes in for Firmware upgrade, that will fix the bind.
Yes with the DSMX upgrade you don't need to wait, (TX must still go on first though)
Rob2160 is offline Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Today, 05:03 AM
That sky looks like ground...
United States, CA, Shingle Springs
Joined Sep 2013
667 Posts
Just a reminder, today's the last day to comment on the FAA's Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft. See banner at top of RCG page.
Wrath is online now Find More Posts by Wrath
Old Today, 06:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
GB200 pitch control

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosram View Post
n4297
The Horizon Tech said it would then be controlled by channel 7, presumably Aux2 on your transmitter. I guess you will have to assign a switch or better still a slider to that channel.
Please post how that works for you?
Thanks Nick Marson
Thank you Nick, I'll try again now that I know which channel I should expect movement on.
n4297m is online now Find More Posts by n4297m
Old Today, 06:36 AM
Not Broken Means Fix It
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2013
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Just a reminder, today's the last day to comment on the FAA's Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft. See banner at top of RCG page.
FAA has extended the comment period to Sept 23 at the request of the AMA.

See http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...eResponse.aspx for some guidance should you choose to comment.

(waiting...waiting)
Leo Trader is online now Find More Posts by Leo Trader