HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:19 AM
Joined Apr 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
Here it is the short move with the problem. Please, comment if you have some advice... Thanks!

http://youtu.be/TGShNGC_Zgk
The guys suggested to disconnect and then reconnect the motor (?!?). Well, no result at all. I guess I received the model with broken receiver or somehow the noise reduction filter makes problems (but as it looks like the filter is OK as it has just passive 3 components)...

L959 Voltage Check for Reverse (0 min 55 sec)
TheRed is offline Find More Posts by TheRed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
762 Posts
Would anyone be interested in me setting up a deal with tmart on the L202 for $134.89 $119.89 for the white and green ones? (both are in stock, white one is also in stock in the US warehouse)
subpixel is offline Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Jul 03, 2014, 06:17 PM
United States, NJ, Laurel Springs
Joined May 2014
4 Posts
In an effort to make my l202 even faster I'm researching larger motor and esc combos as well as gear ratios. I want to compare KV ratings between the stock brushless l202 motor and those I'm looking to upgrade with. However, I can't find any info pertaining to KV,amps, watts etc for the mysterious blue can motor. Has anyone come across those specs?
MONOAMORE is offline Find More Posts by MONOAMORE
Old Jul 05, 2014, 01:36 PM
Joined Apr 2014
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRed View Post
Here it is the short move with the problem. Please, comment if you have some advice... Thanks!

http://youtu.be/TGShNGC_Zgk
Have u messed with the trim buttons at the controller? (the lower 2) buttons
sunkii is offline Find More Posts by sunkii
Old Jul 07, 2014, 12:13 AM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONOAMORE View Post
In an effort to make my l202 even faster I'm researching larger motor and esc combos as well as gear ratios. I want to compare KV ratings between the stock brushless l202 motor and those I'm looking to upgrade with. However, I can't find any info pertaining to KV,amps, watts etc for the mysterious blue can motor. Has anyone come across those specs?
I wonder if the stock gearbox can handle any more power with its plastic gears and no slipper clutch...

As for the gear ratios, I did the simplest possible thing and changed the rear tyres to 1/10 scale ones. Their larger diameter makes the overall ratio quite a bit longer and I'd say my L202 tops at somewhere around 70 km/h at the moment and accelerates even faster than with stock wheels, on asphalt it needs wheelie bars to not flip over. That means that the stock motor has plenty of torque, once you have it delivered to the road with proper tyres.

Just my 2 cents.
ScorpioFIN is offline Find More Posts by ScorpioFIN
Old Jul 07, 2014, 12:29 AM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkii View Post
Have u messed with the trim buttons at the controller? (the lower 2) buttons
I thought of that, too. I then realized that if the trim was set forward so much that there would be no reverse, the car would be moving forward at almost full speed with no throttle input.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 02:46 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioFIN View Post
I thought of that, too. I then realized that if the trim was set forward so much that there would be no reverse, the car would be moving forward at almost full speed with no throttle input.
Need not be. Some ESC demand throttle to be at neutral before reverse is possible. If the trim is forward, it will not reach neutral, and not release reverse.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2014, 06:57 AM
United States, NJ, Laurel Springs
Joined May 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if the stock gearbox can handle any more power with its plastic gears and no slipper clutch...

As for the gear ratios, I did the simplest possible thing and changed the rear tyres to 1/10 scale ones. Their larger diameter makes the overall ratio quite a bit longer and I'd say my L202 tops at somewhere around 70 km/h at the moment and accelerates even faster than with stock wheels, on asphalt it needs wheelie bars to not flip over. That means that the stock motor has plenty of torque, once you have it delivered to the road with proper tyres.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your reply. I already replaced all four tires with traxxas Anaconda street tires in the rear and pro line scrubs on the front. Really grips the asphalt! I have it geared for top speed and the ESC timing advanced. So far the gearbox has held up and I really bash the think around. This car is my speed project so I'm trying to push it to its limits. So far I'm at 35 mph. I'm hoping to get it up to 45 mph. I've identified some inexpensive metal gears from another manufacturers 1/14 scale car that I may just buy to see if I can fit them to the l202.
MONOAMORE is offline Find More Posts by MONOAMORE
Old Jul 07, 2014, 09:57 AM
Finland, Nilsiä
Joined Jan 2014
51 Posts
Let me know if you find metal gears that fits. I have chearched while too... I think I have loose parts what broke my gears. (It happens again) Maybe must have buy little metallic pinjon too. It has little tired
AriRuFIN is offline Find More Posts by AriRuFIN
Old Jul 07, 2014, 12:46 PM
Pysy ilmassa, perkele!
Finland, Köyliö
Joined Jun 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Need not be. Some ESC demand throttle to be at neutral before reverse is possible. If the trim is forward, it will not reach neutral, and not release reverse.
Yes, that's also true. Still, if the throttle trim was too much forward, I believe that the car would be crawling forward (or at least the wheels would be turning if the car is in the air) at zero throttle position.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 02:51 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,044 Posts
There is a dead zone in the throttle range, where the motor will not be running, but not be at neutral. So a few clicks trim forward may not result in a car crawling forward, but still be enough offset to inhibit reverse.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2014, 04:11 PM
Joined Mar 2014
15 Posts
Anybody know who has the best deal on this at the moment?
David Heggood is offline Find More Posts by David Heggood
Old Jul 08, 2014, 08:49 AM
Finland, Nilsiä
Joined Jan 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Heggood View Post
Anybody know who has the best deal on this at the moment?
I dont know is this best deal now but good l202 101.60€.
http://www.fancycost.com/white-wltoy...-p-101745.html
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:15 AM
Finland, Nilsiä
Joined Jan 2014
51 Posts
Quote:

Yes, the stock charger does load that battery, but slow. Consider this, it's a bit more expensive than other Imax B6 models, but it has built-in power supply so that you don't need to buy one with the charger:

http://www.banggood.com/IMAX-B6-AC-B...200971201306VP

A good computerized charger like this (read the manual!) will charge and balance the batteries better and faster and your batteries will last longer in both terms of running time and life time.

I get roughly 50-60% longer running times with my L959 with that charger plus I get more power because this batt has a higher C rating. I can't tell exact time in minutes for the L202, I have only the L959 at the time and also it depends on your driving style.
I bought smaller iMax b6 american model and change plug. It fit my place because power supply is 240v. Plug cost 2€, B6 25.25€
Old Jul 12, 2014, 03:27 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Hi

I have an L959, the steering not works, Is there a way to chek if it is the servo or the reciver so is broken?

Thx for your help.
tofo1 is offline Find More Posts by tofo1