HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:59 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
Wow... that looks really cool... and it's faster than has been shown to date (@1:03)... I like the fact that it has full control of the turn signals, lights, and sounds... is that modeled after the Nissan Juke? I won't tell... LOL
It's kind of a bastardization of many different styles of automobile, but none in particular. The tail lights are kindof like a Volvo, and there is some semblance of a VW Beetle in there as well. The top cover was an afterthought. We really just focussed on the mating of electronics and mechanicals and skinned it as an afterthought. For me, the fun is in the performance, and so I am often lacking on the cosmetics.
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,173 Posts
mine arrived

Time to get to work
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:18 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
142 Posts
Any place in Europe where I can order one?
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantraco View Post
It's kind of a bastardization of many different styles of automobile, but none in particular. The tail lights are kindof like a Volvo, and there is some semblance of a VW Beetle in there as well. The top cover was an afterthought. We really just focussed on the mating of electronics and mechanicals and skinned it as an afterthought. For me, the fun is in the performance, and so I am often lacking on the cosmetics.
What a shame, because the if they looked like HO scale slot cars the demand would be incredible, just look how much Kyosho wants for their 1/43 scale cars.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Last edited by pach; Nov 08, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
What a shame, because the if they looked like HO scale slot cars the demand would be incredible, just look how much Kyosho wants for their 1/43 scale cars.
Kyosho 1/43 cars won't look good at all on an HO model train track, but Zenwheels are smaller than 1/43 scale.

They are close to 1/87 HO scale and would be ideal for model train enthusiasts as a precisely controllable mobile chassis on an HO layout. Just change the wheels and put a new chassis on top and you will have something that can work - like a semi truck or an oversized vehicle. Right now the ZenWheels will look more like a monster truck on an HO model train layout I think. haha.

Anyways, if there are any model railroaders who build their own layouts and cars and stuff, I am sure that they would appreciate hearing about the Zenwheels iPhone controlled micro cars for mods that fit HO scale train sets.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
Any place in Europe where I can order one?
http://www.zenwheels.com at the moment.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:24 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
955 Posts
Quote:
Kyosho 1/43 cars won't look good at all on an HO model train track, but Zenwheels are smaller than 1/43 scale.

They are close to 1/87 HO scale and would be ideal for model train enthusiasts as a precisely controllable mobile chassis on an HO layout. Just change the wheels and put a new chassis on top and you will have something that can work - like a semi truck or an oversized vehicle. Right now the ZenWheels will look more like a monster truck on an HO model train layout I think. haha.

Anyways, if there are any model railroaders who build their own layouts and cars and stuff, I am sure that they would appreciate hearing about the Zenwheels iPhone controlled micro cars for mods that fit HO scale train sets.
Yeah 1/43 is more like O scale, I would prefer if they looked like monster trucks or especially Mini-Z overlands, I personally think the toy-like look goes against the amount of technology and sophistication that the car has.

Im guessing this is controlled via bluetooth ? *edit* just checked the web site and it is, very cool.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Last edited by pach; Nov 08, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:30 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,444 Posts
If i had a way to control it, i would love to build it into a scale vehicle size would be determined by the electronics dimensions.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! Bought one. Initially, I thought your shipping possibilities were only "FEXEX"

-International Priority US$74.14
-International Economy US$121.34

But now I realized you had Air Mail as one option, which was around $20 to Finland.

Now waiting for my car...
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,643 Posts

Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:43 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Regarding an Android version, I'd like to receive some feedback on the following:

We'll have to decide on a 'reference platform' and decide what we want to support, and if there are certain devices we''ll just ignore, or which will have to drop some functionality (tilt/accelerometer, etc.).

So what is the most popular Android Device?

What Android Devices should we support?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:54 AM
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
303 Posts
Yes Android is so fragmented, I would say go for the newest versions. I am sure my old Android phone will not work by the time you get this out. Make an app for the Playbook and I will be getting one now. If not make sure you have a Blackberry 10 app ready for next year and I will get one.
solo_clipper is offline Find More Posts by solo_clipper
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_clipper View Post
Yes Android is so fragmented, I would say go for the newest versions. I am sure my old Android phone will not work by the time you get this out. Make an app for the Playbook and I will be getting one now. If not make sure you have a Blackberry 10 app ready for next year and I will get one.
Yes, we'd like to know what to build for in order to hit the largest number of potential customers.

I really doubt that we want to incur the expense of updating Android app versions, and I can just imagine all the "comments" from the Android community when the "fragmentation" continues.

For sure it was a good decision to support iOS first.

Still hoping to find out what we should support on Android.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,444 Posts
Htc phones are popular as well as the Samsung gs3. They are current flag ship phones and pushed at any store that sells them.

Just make it very clear what devices are supported in the app listing.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:57 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk View Post
Htc phones are popular as well as the Samsung gs3. They are current flag ship phones and pushed at any store that sells them.

Just make it very clear what devices are supported in the app listing.
There we go.

I guess I'll get the latest Samsung phone. some of em are pretty cool. Thin and bigger display, just a funny interface when you are used to the original.
Site Sponsor