HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:09 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,315 Posts
Wow:

Genius cp brushless (3 min 25 sec)

genius CP 3D soft avec crash (3 min 59 sec)

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:04 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
I found another use for this heli.
New pizza cooler!.MOV Genius CP (0 min 37 sec)

Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,385 Posts
Got a call from EMS. They wanted my address in Chinese. My heli is on its way from Tapei! It will be in Kaohsiung at my doorstep by morning. Top bad I'm committed to spend the afternoon catching stray dogs tomorrow... I'd rather play!
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:22 AM
Joined Jul 2007
164 Posts
Im sure it has been discussed in this thread before, but I am looking to get either the MCPx for the Genius CP. Has anyone flown both and can compare?
mattgio is offline Find More Posts by mattgio
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:44 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,763 Posts
oomodel has finally shipped my order of parts.....so now its confirmed they do have the parts in stock now
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:06 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,173 Posts
Is there a weight difference between brushed and brushless? If so, how much?

Also

Is BL version as durable as stock?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:18 AM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
new heli in the house

Managed to sneek the new heli into the house yesterday, wife will not know the difference between the Genius and the v100d03 i already had.

Heli is just so nice. Did not notice huge increase in stabillity in 6 axis mode over 3 axis. But you have to be very gentle on the sticks, at least when indoor.
The servo must have good resolution only making very small movements on the sticks and that with 25% expo.

And BL motors very seldom wears out like brushed (non carbon)

Hugo
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:57 AM
Pontiac my other Obsession
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Got a call from EMS. They wanted my address in Chinese. My heli is on its way from Tapei! It will be in Kaohsiung at my doorstep by morning. Top bad I'm committed to spend the afternoon catching stray dogs tomorrow... I'd rather play!
Cool we are both on the same schedule mine should be delivered in the a.m. also...

Its a good thing the timing is running the way it has, it gave the others time to get the devo-7 programming settled. should be a breeze to setup now! GLWT.
Pontiaddict is offline Find More Posts by Pontiaddict
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:04 AM
Micro-Heli-Addict
Preston, Idaho
Joined Jan 2011
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Guys,
I found another use for this heli.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmukyj4lIf0
Regards Jason
Jason,

I'll have to try that one out. It's Friday, which is Pizza night at my house.

Only problem is I'll have to use my JT100, I don't have a Genius Yet.

Regards,
Jeff
jlbrandt01 is offline Find More Posts by jlbrandt01
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:07 AM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
battery option

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Hi,

I got my Genius two days ago and the Hobbyking Zippy 350mA 20C batteries I am using for my smaller Walkeras fitted perfectly.

Regards, Ojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Cool. Will have to check that one out. Thanks.
Is this the one Ojo? is there a connector or user installed?
Thanx
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...gle_cell_.html
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:08 AM
Joined Nov 2010
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiaddict View Post
Cool we are both on the same schedule mine should be delivered in the a.m. also...

Its a good thing the timing is running the way it has, it gave the others time to get the devo-7 programming settled. should be a breeze to setup now! GLWT.
Guys you remind me this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post17568151
alexaglob is offline Find More Posts by alexaglob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:19 AM
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Jul 2010
719 Posts
Well one thing is certainly clear, this product has definitely charged up the forum, I can not remember seeing this kind of excitement for a new product since.... the mCPx rollout which was very quickly followed by the inherent blade issue...
so far no real issue reported for this heli, just lots and lots of smiles. big smiles.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:24 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgio View Post
Im sure it has been discussed in this thread before, but I am looking to get either the MCPx for the Genius CP. Has anyone flown both and can compare?
I own both and my opinion is that the Genius CP has surpassed the MCPx considerably as far as normal sports flying is concerned. 3D flying I do not know, and durability appears to be comparable. A number of well known issues of the MCPx such as tail problems do not appear in the Genius CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 23, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:25 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Is there a weight difference between brushed and brushless? If so, how much?

Also

Is BL version as durable as stock?
I think it's been reported (by dkfuji?, Wow?, and Tom Z?) earlier in the thread that the combined weight of the C05 Motor with 4#3B Tail ESC conversion is about 1/2 g less than the stock Motor. Tom Z has more info about it in his Genius thread.

I think one of the main reasons people don't like brushed motors is because their brushes have a tendency of wearing out first. Brushless motors don't have brushes to wear.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Sep 23, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:32 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgio View Post
Sure, a lot of us have.

Question number one is your preferred style of flying.

I myself am a newb to the hobby, and at best a 'beginning sport flyer', so I can only answer from that perspective. I want stability, capability, reliability, as measured in hover, FFF, and general maneuvers, including relatively minor crash-recovery.

In that context, there is simply no question, and no possible argument, IMHO*. The winner (so far) hands down is the Genius CP. I love my mcpx, and it will forever be remembered as the one that broke the barrier to singlehandedly create this niche, and to do it mostly very well... but the Genius does everything the mcpx does, and more, and does it cleaner and more competently. Well, except piro rate (at least on my 2801Pro, as currently configured). But with little to no tail blow out in maneuvers... . you do the math on that trade off....

*(every brand, every model has it's adherents and boosters. Goodness knows I've largely been one for the mcpx. But I am giving my objective opinion, as of the state of play NOW, with this new competitor available. I'd LOVE to see a true mcpx 'fan-boi' or supporter give a countervailing argument to mine, if they can)
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob