HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:12 AM
Balsa just crashes better
Bradenton, FL
Joined Nov 2004
597 Posts
maiden pics

Here are three pictures of the maiden taken by a friend. They have not been cropped or edited yet.
Maiden took place in Gray, Maine on Forrest lake

Jay
Cub Fan is offline Find More Posts by Cub Fan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:00 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
4,971 Posts
Very Nice! What did you think about the Widgeon now that you've had a chance to think about your flight? Please tell us more about your flight experiences and impressions.

McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:26 AM
Where'd it go? Uh Oh!
Russia, Kamchatka Krai, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
Joined Nov 2004
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by riechsoldier1 View Post
Been thinking about getting one and now im ready, but see there discontinued.But the catalina isn't, was it poor sales? Anyone see a site that has one?
If the Catalina you're referring to is the Great Planes Catalina, I have experience with both the PBY and the Widgeon. In my opinion, the PBY is more of a relaxing flyer whereas, the Widgeon is a relatively "hot" performer.

Grog
capngrog is offline Find More Posts by capngrog
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Balsa just crashes better
Bradenton, FL
Joined Nov 2004
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer View Post
Very Nice! What did you think about the Widgeon now that you've had a chance to think about your flight? Please tell us more about your flight experiences and impressions.

McD

The Widgeon was my first twin.I did the 3 blade mod and was otherwise stock.
It handled very nice on the water and flew excellent. It was very smooth in flight and fast. I didn't have the best landing i have ever done but there was no damage. After thinking about it- it was going faster then I thought so when i flared to land it hopped back up and I overcorrected. I think the answer is to let it settle on it's own when it is close to the water since it is so elevator sensitive. I have since added some expo to the elevator but haven't had a chance to try it yet,
I really like the plane and it looks awesome in the air- I keep expecting to hear boss da plane- da plane

Jay
Cub Fan is offline Find More Posts by Cub Fan