HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2011, 08:41 PM
Crashing goes better
Westerlee, Groningen, Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Discussion
Taigen Tank????

A new brand seems to apear here in europe.
Taigen, never heard of them.
Perhaps somebody outthere???
It seems to be fully upgrade metal tanks.
I am fore one curious, but stil doubtful.

Somebody here who has one or want to share his experience?????
Westerlee is offline Find More Posts by Westerlee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:00 PM
So many tanks, so little money
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
I believe it is simply a done up HL tank with maybe a paintjob and metal parts. Nothing you can't do yourself, IMO.
Yellowshaker is offline Find More Posts by Yellowshaker
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:07 PM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Hi,thx
the same i heard on a dutch forum.
They are quite cheap, but not worth the money?
I am not a "tanker" but just curious.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:30 PM
So many tanks, so little money
Joined Oct 2009
189 Posts
I would say they are probably not worth the money. Of course that is my opinion.
Yellowshaker is offline Find More Posts by Yellowshaker
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:23 PM
GatorBait
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2010
5 Posts
Taigen Tanks

I should be received my Taigen Tiger this week. I have 4 tamiya (tiger , panzer 4, King tiger, Panther) tanks and a few Heng Long\Matorro tanks (King tiger matorro, Jagdpanther HL \ Panzer 4 HL) so I will try to relay the true quality of thhis tank when i receive it. next will be the Hooben Elephant
herlihy22 is offline Find More Posts by herlihy22
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:37 AM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Keep us posted
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:49 AM
GatorBait
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2010
5 Posts
Taigen TigerTank received

i just received my Taigen Tiger Tank from Nitrotek in the UK. I have not haad time to play with it yet but initial impressions are pretty good. It comes in a basic Heng Long tiger tank box with a couple of Taigen sticket stuck on it. The bottom of the hull is aluminum, not plastic. The road wheels are metal as are the tracks and the suspension arms. It has zemerritt over it and it looks really good. Zemmeritt is only applied where it should be. They didnt put zimmerett on top of the turret which I was worried about. It has a rubbery feel to it which I like because it doesnt seem like it will crack or bust easily. Overall they did a good job with the late tiger. The machine gun is also metal. It is much heavier than a heng long with metal tracks. All door hatches are metal. For some reason it looks a little shorter and wider than the Heng Long early version. I have not done measuremeents. Maybe this is because the air breathers are not on the late tiger's back. The 88 gun also looks a tad bit shorter. Maybe it was just me. I just got it pulled out of the box. I will update more when I charge and run it. I believe that the barrel does recoil when it sshoots a BB. I will let you know for sure when i charge it but it looks like the barrel was made to have a recoil effect. Oh yeah, the air intakes on the back in the tank have a metal screen under the plastic kind like the photo etch options one would buy for a Tamiya. I am happy to have it but it cost me about 300 dollars once it was shipped too!!!
herlihy22 is offline Find More Posts by herlihy22
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:56 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,772 Posts
That's a good deal for $300. When's the JadPanther model coming?
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:23 AM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.
Hope you wil have a lot of fun for those 300,-
But ........ do i have to say it???????

pics please, if possible also from the internals.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:01 AM
long island,new york
Joined Jul 2009
306 Posts
well i looked at the website selling them and i will say it appears the taigen tank at $300 plus shipping has all the features that you will pay upwards of $400-450 to get the same parts for a hl s&s metal tank.looks like a good deal to me-except that i want an early tiger without zimmerit.but if you want a late tiger it seems the way to go.
waynek is offline Find More Posts by waynek
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:50 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Aug 2009
187 Posts
Who sells the TAIGEN TIGER in the US ??
tincanrider is offline Find More Posts by tincanrider
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
long island,new york
Joined Jul 2009
306 Posts
the only site i found that sells taigen is in ireland: http://www.nitrotek.ie/taigen-advanc...reen-camo.html. there seem to be other mods that are not included that i know i would want so i'd still have to spend more to get them.mabey i'll just get the hl tiger and build it myself.
waynek is offline Find More Posts by waynek
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:22 PM
Virginia, USA
Joined Mar 2010
92 Posts
Another option is the upcoming release of the all-metal Tiger from Mato. All die-cast early version with nearly all the trimmings included. My Tiger currently sports the die-cast lower hull setup and is a real beast. The lower was $299. I would imagine the guys at Mato would want to keep the price for the whole package below the Tamiya $$ range so look for it to be around $400-$500 for a RTR Tiger. Just a thought.
mak90guy is offline Find More Posts by mak90guy
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:59 PM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
561 Posts
Yeah, you can get a Tamiya Tiger I for $540.00.

- Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
Crashing goes better
Joined Sep 2010
449 Posts
want to see PICS