HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
Account Closed
rod.d's Avatar
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
Anybody have a good version of this plane for rf6? I looked on the knife edge swap pages, there doesnt seem to be one that people like a lot. If anyone has one to share I would appreciate it. I figure since I can't fly due to batteries not being in stock maybe I can fly it in the sim .
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:44 AM
Registered User
jhorton's Avatar
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec 1800 View Post
Ok well i tried couple of things.
First i tried it with the 2s and the jitters was just to much and would be triggered by just touching the surfaces. Next what i did for the rudder is i took off the servo arm and moved it on tooth away from center and used the sub trim on TX to center it. For some reason this helped out with the jitters and almost removed it complety on the 2s. With the LIFE battery the rudder was not sensitve to the touch anymore and is working pretty good. The elevator on the other hand is very sensitive. I have not tried it out power from the esc yet. Here are a couple of vids.

This video here shows the 6.6v power source with the rudder jitters almost removed but the elevator still having the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hARap...=youtube_gdata

On the Planes that I use Bigger Servos (7955's and the new 7245's) on I see the same thing when the plane is on the ground but as soon as you get air flow over the control surface the correction loop stops as the resistance allows the servo to not over shoot its input signal. What you are seeing at zero resistance is the servo performing a correction loop, the input signal tells the servo where to go and it jumps to that position and since there is no resistance the servo over shoots its destination so a - correction is made and it over shoots then a + correction and you have a correction loop. In most cases just spinning up the prop gives enough resistance to the control surfaces the correction loop goes away.

When you lower the voltage you are taking some of the spring (torque / speed) out of the servo so just the weight of the control surface provides enough resistance so the servo doesn't over shoot the input signal. On my planes with high end digital servos the control surfaces protest non stop on the ground but in the air they sing with great speed and strength.
jhorton is offline Find More Posts by jhorton
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
Doc Austin's Avatar
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
Anybody have a good version of this plane for rf6? I looked on the knife edge swap pages, there doesnt seem to be one that people like a lot. If anyone has one to share I would appreciate it. I figure since I can't fly due to batteries not being in stock maybe I can fly it in the sim .
It's actually too easy, and it's the 48" color scheme, but at least it's something to fly................ http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14588


I've also done some fictional schemes and both of the 48" Extra EXPs. They are built on large scale planes, so they are not accurate, but they fly well enough to be entertaining. You can always turn the speed up on the sim if you want more difficult.

Here's the rest of my Extreme Flight planes..........

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=my
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:13 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
Elec 1800's Avatar
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
Well jhorton, where were you a few days ago Just got home i reconnected those Hyperion servos and connected the 7.4v rx battery for them also powered up the motor. It is true what you mentioned. Sitting there the servos jitter, once i get the motor going and get some airflow about 1/4 throttle the jitters stop. Stop the airflow and they continue jittering. Thank you very much I guess i will keep them and try them out this weekend



Quote:
Originally Posted by jhorton View Post
On the Planes that I use Bigger Servos (7955's and the new 7245's) on I see the same thing when the plane is on the ground but as soon as you get air flow over the control surface the correction loop stops as the resistance allows the servo to not over shoot its input signal. What you are seeing at zero resistance is the servo performing a correction loop, the input signal tells the servo where to go and it jumps to that position and since there is no resistance the servo over shoots its destination so a - correction is made and it over shoots then a + correction and you have a correction loop. In most cases just spinning up the prop gives enough resistance to the control surfaces the correction loop goes away.

When you lower the voltage you are taking some of the spring (torque / speed) out of the servo so just the weight of the control surface provides enough resistance so the servo doesn't over shoot the input signal. On my planes with high end digital servos the control surfaces protest non stop on the ground but in the air they sing with great speed and strength.
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Cosmic Wind
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:14 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
Elec 1800's Avatar
corona, ca
Joined Feb 2011
3,611 Posts
Is there a way to get them planes in the Phoenix Sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
It's actually too easy, and it's the 48" color scheme, but at least it's something to fly................ http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14588


I've also done some fictional schemes and both of the 48" Extra EXPs. They are built on large scale planes, so they are not accurate, but they fly well enough to be entertaining. You can always turn the speed up on the sim if you want more difficult.

Here's the rest of my Extreme Flight planes..........

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=my
Elec 1800 is online now Find More Posts by Elec 1800
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Great Planes Cosmic Wind
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:20 PM
Account Closed
rod.d's Avatar
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
cool, thanks Doc. I will check them out.
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
It's actually too easy, and it's the 48" color scheme, but at least it's something to fly................ http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=14588


I've also done some fictional schemes and both of the 48" Extra EXPs. They are built on large scale planes, so they are not accurate, but they fly well enough to be entertaining. You can always turn the speed up on the sim if you want more difficult.

Here's the rest of my Extreme Flight planes..........

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=my

Yippeeee!!!! Thanks Doc A.
frugalme is offline Find More Posts by frugalme
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:37 PM
Registered User
mp.stumpy's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2010
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
Anybody have a good version of this plane for rf6? I looked on the knife edge swap pages, there doesnt seem to be one that people like a lot. If anyone has one to share I would appreciate it. I figure since I can't fly due to batteries not being in stock maybe I can fly it in the sim .
Hey,

got a model with SFGs on and r/w/b colour scheme... gonna export it on the weekend and send it to you if you want?

Greetings from Germany

Marcel

www.stumpy3d.de
mp.stumpy is offline Find More Posts by mp.stumpy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:55 PM
Account Closed
rod.d's Avatar
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp.stumpy View Post
Hey,

got a model with SFGs on and r/w/b colour scheme... gonna export it on the weekend and send it to you if you want?

Greetings from Germany

Marcel

www.stumpy3d.de
that would be great, thanks!
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:50 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Anybody going to the Huckfest in Venice, Florida tomorrow?

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:59 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
We at Hodges watchin it rain!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:25 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,326 Posts
Me too here in Cola.
hercdriver7777 is online now Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:40 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Haha, the Huckfest was a lot of fun, then a big storm blew in and chased everybody but us die hards out, then we flew foamies cuz the wind was now dead instead of the 30mph wind we had all day ... lotsa fun!

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:09 PM
Registered User
Cabledawg1's Avatar
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,483 Posts
My spinner broke off today in flight...weirdest thing. Is the one I need a 52mm royal blue or the dark blue one?
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:17 AM
Registered User
mp.stumpy's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2010
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod.d View Post
that would be great, thanks!
Hi,

i uploaded it on our website:

http://www.stumpy3d.de/german/en/realflight.html

CoG is pretty aft. but its flying neutral, good elevator authority just like the real plane

Hope you like it, let me know what you think.

Greetings from Germany

Marcel

www.stumpy3d.de
mp.stumpy is offline Find More Posts by mp.stumpy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP! hemituda 3D Flying 10369 Yesterday 10:24 PM
Wanted Extreme Flight 48" Edge 540T EXP FD Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Jul 02, 2010 11:52 AM
Discussion Daniel Holman puts the new Extreme Flight EDGE 540T EXP through the wringer! EXTREME FLIGHT 3D Flying 21 May 30, 2010 01:17 AM
Discussion 42" AJ Slick or 48" Extreme Flight Edge 540T-EXP LeeJ 3D Flying 13 Mar 26, 2010 08:26 PM