HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:46 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferbio View Post
Sorry noob you had such a hard time with your v450. I bought mine from helipal.
Took a few more extra days to get it, but when I got it, the gyro was set up ferfectly. I followed the instructions in the manual on how to set up the TX. It is not that hard to fly one of these things when they are set up right. Will follow the manual when i set up the idle up settings.
Like what I have been telling people the RX2702V on the V450 takes quite a bit of digging to get the gyro setting correct so it isn't straight forward like the RX2610S or RX2610v 3-Axis receivers. The gyro response and precision on the much larger 450 size heli is very different. I am glade you finally got it. This is the reason why we spend the time to put together a complete set of step by step instruction which we have included with the BNF to turn days of work to minutes. Guys who is buying a BNF V450D01 got to watch out, the V450D01 is one of the best flying helis but you can't just program the TX and fly, it will dump on you.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:52 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
Hi Druss,

You do have some good point. But when I said I had 2 co-axials... I meant I only flew 2 co-axial helis (successfully)... I actually got a handful helis already.. I had a thundertiger heli(my 3rd heli).. it was ATF and tried to make it RTF but I gave up and sold it (it was a nitro build.. so it was more difficult)... I also had a dragonfly (my very first heli).. I flew it once and crashed it really bad.. I also had another walkera heli (my 2nd heli) but I forgot what it was it was the one who made me stop the hobby for around 3 years... (I couldn't make my first 3 heli's fly)...

"BUT" when I got bored a few months ago I bought a BLADE MCX2 just for little fun.. I was surprise that I can fly it easily... so I upgrade to CX3... I can fly it too... I was thinking of getting the BLADE 400 3D... but the two BLADE product that I flew easily was pretty boring already... I wanted something big... and Now here's a big one.. (LOL) and I am back to (about) stop the hobby again...

What do you guys think about the V120D02?

my main goal is to... put an HD camera on a heli and make it fly above our house.. and maybe fly a little stunt...

If I can do that.. I would be "VERY" happy...
If you are thinking about a camera, the Guai 330X-s is the best one as it is design to do that. Unfortunately it was sold out and won't arrive until next week. We also have the T580 releasing which handles rock stable video. Google this and research it, there are many stores who carry them, not just us.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:54 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
You cannot do that with the TRAVADJ, you must leave it all at 100%, now you have your 3 swashplate servo not working together the same travel, this is not a good idea.

If you want more or less cyclic pitch (elevator or aileron pitch) you have to go in the SWASHMIX menu and adjust it from there with a pitch gauge on your blade.

Throttle shoulb be 100% travel also to make the ESC happy, and you adjust it from the throttle curve menu.
Martin, you are correct on this. Very good point.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:58 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
You cannot do that with the TRAVADJ, you must leave it all at 100%, now you have your 3 swashplate servo not working together the same travel, this is not a good idea.

If you want more or less cyclic pitch (elevator or aileron pitch) you have to go in the SWASHMIX menu and adjust it from there with a pitch gauge on your blade.

Throttle shoulb be 100% travel also to make the ESC happy, and you adjust it from the throttle curve menu.
Quote:
Actually you can. When using this heli, the three axis gyro works better when the aileron is numbed down a bit,and the rudder is a little higher so the gyro reaction time is not compromised. It has nothing to do with pitch,just numbing down the servo travel. I have other 3 axis gyro heli's (V200d01), and they have a dedicated switch to do the same thing. I'm talkin throttle curve and servo travel not pitch. Walkera's are very fickle, and not like other helis, so you have to think outside the usual heli box.
Quote:
Yes the v200d01 is a fixed pitched heli, but the concept is the same. I also have an exceed blue ray, and would never use these settings, but with this 3x gyro,it just works.(for hovering and a little fast flight), which is what noob wants.
No you can't... being a fixed pitch heli the swash plate does not move up and down the main shaft to change the pitch of the blades. All the servos (3) in a ccpm heli must move together in order to accomplish the function of elevator, aileron and pitch, by limiting certain servos and not the FUNCTIONS what you're going to do is have a lopsided swash plate at the top and bottom of the swash plate movement which will induce unwanted movement. In a fixed pitch heli, the elevator servo is also the function so they are basically the same thing... in a ccpm heli the elevator servo is only one of 3 which must move in order to accomplish the elevator function.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:08 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
If you are thinking about a camera, the Guai 330X-s is the best one as it is design to do that. Unfortunately it was sold out and won't arrive until next week. We also have the T580 releasing which handles rock stable video. Google this and research it, there are many stores who carry them, not just us.

Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com

I saw something like this before on youtube. It was a very huge thing and all made of metal. I think it was something like hexa heli or something...
It also has a GPS system and make the heli fly away and it will automatically come back.
nooblet is offline Find More Posts by nooblet
Last edited by nooblet; Dec 11, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:10 AM
Joined Dec 2010
12 Posts
Okay I found it! LOL

MikroKopter - HexaKopter (11 min 28 sec)

Is that thing on the market? I want to buy that! LOL
nooblet is offline Find More Posts by nooblet
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:20 AM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
Somothing like that: http://www.heliguy.com/Extras/Helico...s/DJI-Ace-One/
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:43 AM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
Mikro Kopter

Wow!! That thing is nuts!. Me likee. I want one. Sounds like your worst nightmare.
ferbio is offline Find More Posts by ferbio
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
No you can't... being a fixed pitch heli the swash plate does not move up and down the main shaft to change the pitch of the blades. All the servos (3) in a ccpm heli must move together in order to accomplish the function of elevator, aileron and pitch, by limiting certain servos and not the FUNCTIONS what you're going to do is have a lopsided swash plate at the top and bottom of the swash plate movement which will induce unwanted movement. In a fixed pitch heli, the elevator servo is also the function so they are basically the same thing... in a ccpm heli the elevator servo is only one of 3 which must move in order to accomplish the elevator function.
I was just using the v200d01 a typical 3 axis gyro as a reference point. I have and use the v450 now as my main heli. I was referring to the so called dual rate switch. Let go of the pitch people for a second and focus on the job of setting up the v450d01. The gyro actually calculates your settings,and optimizes them. You can only comment on something you actually have.
And I have one! Not trying to be an A hole, but fly one,set one up,then comment.
Last edited by ferbio; Dec 11, 2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
It applies to everything, you can't change the servo end travel limits but you change change the FUNCTION... you need to do some more reading...

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you've only ever owned RTF or BNF helis... if you'd ever built a heli from scratch and had to program everything into a radio you'd understand what I'm talking about...

So you own a few micro walkera fbl helis and one V450.... I own 7 FBL helis 450 size and over, all of which needed to be programed. In total I have owned or currently own, over 40 helis... Do some more research before you tell me that I'm wrong...

By the way, the list of helis would include over 10 V series walkeras, including both fixed and cp.

You're basically screwing around with the radio programming without knowing what you're doing with no real understanding of what each setting does... I suggest you learn.
Last edited by Druss; Dec 11, 2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Quote:
I was just using the v200d01 a typical 3 axis gyro as a reference point. I have and use the v450 now as my main heli. I was referring to the so called dual rate switch. Let go of the pitch people for a second and focus on the job of setting up the v450d01. The gyro actually calculates your settings,and optimizes them. You can only comment on something you actually have.
And I have one! Not trying to be an A hole, but fly one,set one up,then comment.
you're succeeding...

I'm trying to be patient but... that last statement blows me away. I have BUILT, setup and flown more helis than you will probably own in the next 10 years.

There is no difference between the 3 axis gyro in the 450 and the 120 beyond possibly being better, they work on the same principle. The same as my align 3G and CYB Total G.

The dual rate switch does change the amount of travel of the servos but it does it to them ALL EQUALLY which your advice did not.

I am the third person to tell you the advice was wrong... all of us with more experience, one the retailer of the product... try to get a clue and get it in your head that possibly... just possibly, we know more than you.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
you're succeeding...

I'm trying to be patient but... that last statement blows me away. I have BUILT, setup and flown more helis than you will probably own in the next 10 years.

There is no difference between the 3 axis gyro in the 450 and the 120 beyond possibly being better, they work on the same principle. The same as my align 3G and CYB Total G.

The dual rate switch does change the amount of travel of the servos but it does it to them ALL EQUALLY which your advice did not.

I am the third person to tell you the advice was wrong... all of us with more experience, one the retailer of the product... try to get a clue and get it in your head that possibly... just possibly, we know more than you.
If you have advanced settings on the v450, enlighten me. If you are not flying this heli, how do you know what the right settings are? I am not trying to advance 3d. I just want to sport fly.
Last edited by ferbio; Dec 11, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:26 PM
Joined Dec 2010
18 Posts
So good

Thanks for all your input. My heli flies great now. Did not mean to be such a bother,but now the v450 flies awesome. Peace!!!
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:52 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,220 Posts
Take a min and think about this

This thread has become very confusing. The V450D01 RX 2702V Im sure is not that difficult to setup for someone who has basic/intermediate knowledge, just like the original 4G6s 2610S was not difficult to set up at all.

Let me explain;
Yes there is a dramatic size difference between these 2 helis and if your not careful you could do something inadvertent and cause an accident, but you can do that with a Belt CPv2 or a Blade 400 a Rave 450 or Align 250 3G. Lets just take it that once you get into this size heli, you've now increased your risk factor considerably in general in this hobby. But do not fear, take your time and study whats in front of you.

Now when the 4G6s was released there was the same buzz all around this heli. "You need special setup instructions", "this RX is not a simple plug and play setup", "you need our WoW exclusive instructions" and so on and so on. What we all found was this was not so, for anyone who had even the slightest amount of experience with these micros. A few people were able to nail down o'clock positions on the RX pots, and other than for electronics tolerances +/- these rx's can be set pretty close to each other as long as the TX settings and mechanical settings are also close.

FBL and size differences aside, the objective is the same the V-RX has now taken the place of the flybar. it's a virtual flybar. You need to do your due diligence in unpacking the heli, running test before maiden, checking setup with pitch guage using the included FBL tool, checking servo operation, Pitch & throttle curves, checking the belt, checking the frame...all things you should know or at least have an idea of before you even buy a heli like this size.

These helis are not "mysterious" in that they are electro/mechanical/physical devices and we as the human can tame them. There is a FBL tool included with this heli,that you use with a pitch guage. These setup papers probably provide general and advanced settings RX/TX and how to use the tool. Nothing a intermediate/seasoned pilot couldnt figure out if he took his time. If your new and want to pay extra for that little peace of mind then thats understandable, we dont want to say dont buy from anyone. But if your paying extra know what your buying. Soon the forums will be filled with tips and setups for these helis.

I also want to mention that the 2702V RX was orignally 131.00 dollars on wowhobbies.com for the past week or so when this heli/rx first hit the market. At that time it stated in your advertisement that this 131.00 price reflects a 31.00 increase from Walkera and that the price would most likely go up . Now it is reduced @ 99.00 which shows a 32.00 decrease. But your still saying @ that 99.00 it is showing a 31.00 increase from Walkera. Something is wrong here, cant you see it? DKFUJI as you may have noticed has told me that he does not get paid in any way to help you with these heli's so for you to increase the price for the instructions you include that DKFUJI helped create, did not cost you anything. Not even a doughnut Please WoW, change this method of coming to this site and telling us things that do not match up past present and possibly future. I ask you once again

Darryl is good yes, but there are many here who are good also, we can figure this thing out together Jonathan. Dont worry you will get paid for your troubles and your headaches can be sent here to RCG for help. I will own this heli once all the hype settles, and this RX is priced at around 70-85 which is what it should be and was probably targeted for. And will eventually settle down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
It is on sale now for $99.95. We were going to sell it for $79.95 until we got a notice from Walkera about the price increase. That is why all the $85 in the market are sold out because Walkera just raised the dealers' price by $31. I don't think any dealer is going to sell it at $85 now and they would leave it at out of stock or raise the price later. Also we have spend a long time to put together the 3 page instructions. I don't think the time spend will be paid off for some time but it will surely help a lot of people and cut our tech support time (less headaches for all of us). If you buy a RX2702V without instructions or with Walkera's instructions, oh my my you will be in for a suprise unless you are super expert like DK.

Jonathan
www.Wowhobbies.com
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:13 AM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
This thread has become very confusing. The V450D01 RX 2702V Im sure is not that difficult to setup for someone who has basic/intermediate knowledge, just like the original 4G6s 2610S was not difficult to set up at all.

Let me explain;
Yes there is a dramatic size difference between these 2 helis and if your not careful you could do something inadvertent and cause an accident, but you can do that with a Belt CPv2 or a Blade 400 a Rave 450 or Align 250 3G. Lets just take it that once you get into this size heli, you've now increased your risk factor considerably in general in this hobby. But do not fear, take your time and study whats in front of you.

Now when the 4G6s was released there was the same buzz all around this heli. "You need special setup instructions", "this RX is not a simple plug and play setup", "you need our WoW exclusive instructions" and so on and so on. What we all found was this was not so, for anyone who had even the slightest amount of experience with these micros. A few people were able to nail down o'clock positions on the RX pots, and other than for electronics tolerances +/- these rx's can be set pretty close to each other as long as the TX settings and mechanical settings are also close.

FBL and size differences aside, the objective is the same the V-RX has now taken the place of the flybar. it's a virtual flybar. You need to do your due diligence in unpacking the heli, running test before maiden, checking setup with pitch guage using the included FBL tool, checking servo operation, Pitch & throttle curves, checking the belt, checking the frame...all things you should know or at least have an idea of before you even buy a heli like this size.

These helis are not "mysterious" in that they are electro/mechanical/physical devices and we as the human can tame them. There is a FBL tool included with this heli,that you use with a pitch guage. These setup papers probably provide general and advanced settings RX/TX and how to use the tool. Nothing a intermediate/seasoned pilot couldnt figure out if he took his time. If your new and want to pay extra for that little peace of mind then thats understandable, we dont want to say dont buy from anyone. But if your paying extra know what your buying. Soon the forums will be filled with tips and setups for these helis.

I also want to mention that the 2702V RX was orignally 131.00 dollars on wowhobbies.com for the past week or so when this heli/rx first hit the market. At that time it stated in your advertisement that this 131.00 price reflects a 31.00 increase from Walkera and that the price would most likely go up . Now it is reduced @ 99.00 which shows a 32.00 decrease. But your still saying @ that 99.00 it is showing a 31.00 increase from Walkera. Something is wrong here, cant you see it? DKFUJI as you may have noticed has told me that he does not get paid in any way to help you with these heli's so for you to increase the price for the instructions you include that DKFUJI helped create, did not cost you anything. Not even a doughnut Please WoW, change this method of coming to this site and telling us things that do not match up past present and possibly future. I ask you once again

Darryl is good yes, but there are many here who are good also, we can figure this thing out together Jonathan. Dont worry you will get paid for your troubles and your headaches can be sent here to RCG for help. I will own this heli once all the hype settles, and this RX is priced at around 70-85 which is what it should be and was probably targeted for. And will eventually settle down too.
Change your method of accusation. Don't expect me to return to this thread and waste my time. Who are you to tell me how to run my business and how much stuff cost here. It is 1:26am here and I am still working and my work is trash according to you, good luck on the setup and I am sure you can figure it out and it is as easy as the RX2610S for those who believe it.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Last edited by wowhobbies; Dec 13, 2010 at 03:29 AM.