HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola. View Post
To those of you using the stock dsx11 non module based, usa version. How many meters do you get on the range check withe stock 9ch jr rx, with the plane on the ground?

Im asking to see if theres a difference to my european version, which is supposed to have a weaker signal strenght. (i get ok range checks, just curious)
Approximately 80 meters as measured by paces. I'm not sure this comparison has any meaning. First you have to establish that the ground range power compared to full output is the same for both transmitters. It could be that when a ground check is done, both transmitters have equal power output. The second factor is the environment at the field. I suspect that the background noise at my field is much less than at other fields.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorrest View Post
Approximately 80 meters as measured by paces. I'm not sure this comparison has any meaning. First you have to establish that the ground range power compared to full output is the same for both transmitters. It could be that when a ground check is done, both transmitters have equal power output. The second factor is the environment at the field. I suspect that the background noise at my field is much less than at other fields.

Allan
That ALOT more than me though.. i rarely get more than 33-34m..
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2004
431 Posts
I haven't done it with the stock 9-ch rx, but with a Spektrum 7-ch DSMX receiver in my hotliner, my 11X got about 35 paces. Seemed OK, and I haven't had any issues in flight.
drice is offline Find More Posts by drice
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
Lincoln, NE
Joined May 2005
870 Posts
That was in a CA Wide Body 60 pattern plane using a R921 receiver with two satellite receivers. One satellite was mounted behind both the wing and cockpit. The ground range with this combination was better than normal for my powered planes but I do expect at my field to get at least twice or more than the thirty paces that is advised.

Allan
AWorrest is offline Find More Posts by AWorrest
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
307 Posts
I get 50-70 meters in mostly EPP/plywood slope planes, with the antennas fully enclosed in the fuse and/or wing. The JR 921 is about the same as AR7000, 6200, and 500. This may provoke the AR61xx naysayers, but even those are in the 50 meter range (from all angles) if the antennas are oriented right and out of the way of conductive stuff. While some other brands appear to have newer technology, I must say that DSM2 has never let me down.

Bill
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:55 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Does anyone know where inside the JR 11x I can tap the unattenuated ppm signal? The ppm signal at the trainer port is only about 1.5v the unattentuated signal is around 5v. I've found it in other JR radios, but have been unable to locate it in the 11x (US version, no module).

I need it for attaching the 11x to a long range uhf transmitter.

Thanks
-Bill
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
11x ZERO Software Update

Hey JR Propo has a software update for the 11X Zero to basically the XG11 !

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/dl/...&db_flg=eng_dl

You now can get DMSS and telementry from the 11Xzero!

Thank you JR for the upgrade path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english

It looks like DSM is over for JR, It's about Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kp23 is offline Find More Posts by kp23
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:55 AM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
585 Posts
Thanks for the head's up!
daedalusrobert is offline Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:35 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
An "upgrade" that turns 3 position switches into two position switches, and disables some functions all together... Hmm... so tempting.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
11X Zero to DMSS 2.4

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/pro...le/tg24xp.html
kp23 is offline Find More Posts by kp23
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Nov 2004
68 Posts
It is very bad to not have backward compatibility. Does JR really expect me to upgrade to DMSS and replace 20+ receivers???? I really want DSMX but JR is to cheap to buy the licence. Great support..... NOT. This is my Last JR transmitter. I am going to buy a DX18
Tadango is offline Find More Posts by Tadango
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,952 Posts
Please remember that JR is a Japanese company which is NOT owned by Horizon/Spektrum.

Now that Spektrum has a substantial following, it makes commercial sense to disallow JR to continue using the Spektrum technology. Any JR users in the USA will now have to get their systems from Spektrum.

DSMX is not available to JR systems outside the USA as Spektrum has not licenced JR to incorporate DSMX. Some countries will have them available as they will have been obtained from Horizon/Spektrum.

As JR cannot continue to manufacture new radio systems with Spektrum technology, they have returned to their own DMSS based technology.

So in effect, JR have been locked out, this is why you will probably not see the XG series available in the USA.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Nov 2004
68 Posts
JR won't pay, that is the problem. They can buy a DSMX license if they want. An own system like DMSS saves alot of license cost but is unacceptable for me.
Tadango is offline Find More Posts by Tadango
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:19 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
I'd been putting off starting the thread about the shortcomings of the DSX11 user interface, on rcmf.co.uk, as suggested. Experience with the transmitter hasn't changed what I'd concluded on the first few uses - lots of extra unnecessary button presses to do the things I want to do most often, and saving models to the SD card is such a pain in the posterior that I rarely bother to do it.

The offering of this "upgrade" has made it clear to me that there would be no point telling JR what needs fixing, because they've effectively ended support for it, replacing the firmware with one for a different Tx, which doesn't have the 3 position switches. As I use those, and I use it exclusively for DSM2, I won't be bothering to "upgrade" it.

I still like the transmitter but it seems a shame that they made the firmware upgradeable then never offered any actual upgrades for it in years. I don't count this one as an ugrade at all. If someone really wanted DMSS, not DSM2, they wouldn't have bought the DSX11.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:26 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,952 Posts
DMSS was not available for the 11 at the time it came out.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56