Old Today, 12:49 PM
wow, it really flew!
United States, TN, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2015
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
Well hell, finally did it.
Was out this morning having a fine flight, then some wind pushed me around the back side of a big Cottonwood tree about 6 minutes into the flight. I thought I had gotten beyond it and was coming around from the other side when it reached out and grabbed the bird
Got a ladder over there and climbed up a ways, got to be too high for a guy 70+, so I retreated .
Gotta see if I can get a local kid to try it for me.
Beautiful day for flying too.
Oh my goodness, I've had them jump out and swat mine a couple times.
Never had one eat it. Hate those heli eating trees.

Yes, stay off the ladder till ya fine a younger buck to climb it, they heal faster
After a tumble.
tenbuc is online now Find More Posts by tenbuc
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2014
730 Posts
We got it
Young kid who lives up the river from me came down and was able to climb up to where he could just reach out and pick it off the branch like a giant ripe apple
JohnFM is online now Find More Posts by JohnFM
Old Today, 03:41 PM
wow, it really flew!
United States, TN, Buchanan
Joined Jan 2015
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
We got it
Young kid who lives up the river from me came down and was able to climb up to where he could just reach out and pick it off the branch like a giant ripe apple
Clap, clap, alright !!!
tenbuc is online now Find More Posts by tenbuc