HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2014, 10:06 AM
Joined Sep 2014
15 Posts
Help!
FrSky D8R-II PWM Output Question

I am working on a project to read the 8 PWM outputs of a FrSky D8R-II Rx using a PIC and use them to control several motors. I posted a question in the Radio forum but I'm getting conflicting information on the format of the outputs (sequential or simultaneous?). It would be very helpful to know for sure what to expect from the Rx outputs before proceeding with writing the code. If I had access to an o'scope I'd figure it out for myself. Does anyone know for sure how these are output?

Even better, can anyone point be towards a thread where someone has already done something similar?

Thanks
Ga Mtn Man is offline Find More Posts by Ga Mtn Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2014, 01:04 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,400 Posts
I honestly don't know, it's never been something I would care about. In your case, I would think it would be easier to flash the RX to the -XP software, then use CPPM. Or even switch to the X gear and use sbus.
ttabbal is online now Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Dec 09, 2014, 01:44 PM
Joined Sep 2014
15 Posts
Using CPPM is an option I'm considering but it will require that I write code to sync with the data stream and keep track of which channel pulse is being measured at a given time. Connecting each channel of the Rx to an input pin on the PIC makes the code much simpler and, being new to PIC programming, that is an important consideration.
Ga Mtn Man is offline Find More Posts by Ga Mtn Man