HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2014, 07:54 AM
Joined Jul 2013
652 Posts
Discussion
Here is the latest Super Mini 200mw 5.8G 32ch wireless TX for FPV

Here is the latest super mini 5.8G 32ch 200mw wireless AV TX from SurveilZone, just $30 dollar
davidsz is offline Find More Posts by davidsz
Last edited by davidsz; May 02, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2014, 11:16 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,848 Posts
could be another great bargain from you guys. nice
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 02, 2014, 04:27 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
Have you guys ever put it on a Spec An and looked at dB and center frequency (especially considering the "mods" done in order to mount that SMA connector onto the PCB like that)?

I'm asking because I'm always curious what/if any RF testing is done when a new RF product comes out. Because it's very easy to accidentally screw up something at 5.8ghz, and the only way to really know that is by doing engineering level testing.
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old May 09, 2014, 05:25 PM
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,388 Posts
Well done, listed all four 5.8gHz bands in the description GREAT, now how do I indicate which band I want in the order?
Heppy Ket is online now Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
Old May 09, 2014, 05:31 PM
Opt
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Oct 2010
412 Posts
You can select any of the four bands with the switches
Opt is offline Find More Posts by Opt
Old May 09, 2014, 05:44 PM
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,388 Posts
Doh!
Heppy Ket is online now Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
Old May 28, 2014, 05:14 PM
Unregistered User
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
511 Posts
I got mine and tested it today. It's quite small but it has poor filtering (faint lines visible in image). See my post here:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post509726
cmanley_nl is online now Find More Posts by cmanley_nl
Old May 28, 2014, 05:35 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
I received mine today as well. I purchased two for redundant diversity. First unit powered up with a 3s lipo and as noted above has small lines from poor filtering in the image. I let it set for 5 minutes to "burn in" and it burned up. It is now a paper weight and will not transmit an image, instead it just heats up very hot.

Second unit powered up with 3s lipo and it also has lines in the image from a lack of filtering. This unit did last longer than 5 minutes. I let it set transmitting for 30 minutes and it was just warm not hot.

I am not impressed.
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
Old May 30, 2014, 07:54 PM
United States, FL, Lady Lake
Joined Oct 2013
619 Posts
Not impressed either. But based on only ONE unit.

I found those lines as well, noisy picture, independent of antenna and notch filters. Lines and herring bone patterns all over.

I compared it against the 25mW Immersion, switching antenna between them to narrow down on the source of noise. My conclusion is that it's all in the transmitter.

Immersion wins with portrait-like clarity, but for twice the price. You do get what you paid for.

IRC only gives you a handful of freq. but they are dead on. I wonder huge bank of freq choices results in poor freq control.
Modglock20 is offline Find More Posts by Modglock20
Old May 30, 2014, 08:57 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
Those lines are most likely due to voltage ripple on their built in Vreg. They must not have enough filtering. And obviously no testing, otherwise this would have been discovered "in-house" instead of by the consumer (which is never good, because then it gets aired on public forums)
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old May 30, 2014, 10:59 PM
United States, FL, Lady Lake
Joined Oct 2013
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
Those lines are most likely due to voltage ripple on their built in Vreg. They must not have enough filtering. And obviously no testing, otherwise this would have been discovered "in-house" instead of by the consumer (which is never good, because then it gets aired on public forums)
Would that cause horizontal lines, or herring bone pattern?

I've another cheap "Digital" (gold colored) 1280mhz Tx from EBay. It has herring bone pattern, off and on, but not horizontal lines. I've been wondering the source of that pattern.
Modglock20 is offline Find More Posts by Modglock20
Old Jun 07, 2014, 02:57 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
288 Posts
Have mine mounted on a mini quad and get the faint lines as soon as I throttle up..
So what would be a solution ? Cap across the power leads and a choke ring...... ???

All and all flyable , just not up to the standards I would like...
debogus is online now Find More Posts by debogus
Old Jun 07, 2014, 07:44 PM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,653 Posts
Put a power filter between the VTX and power source.
fOaMmaSh87 is online now Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
Old Jun 09, 2014, 01:14 AM
Highland, CA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,128 Posts
I have the same noise with mine. I wonder if we could add anything to the board to clean it up.
cyhyam is offline Find More Posts by cyhyam
Old Jun 09, 2014, 08:10 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
So someone reading this post would leave with the notion of not buying. Its awesome when online reviews save someone money
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes