Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
9,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoli View Post
North, here's that SPM attempt. Capoli
Perfect... got it

Just rebuilding the shocks on my Vaterra Glamis Fear, will try to take a look at it later tonight
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2015, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by North_of_49
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
9,519 Posts
Quote:
North, here's that SPM attempt. Capoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Perfect... got it

Just rebuilding the shocks on my Vaterra Glamis Fear, will try to take a look at it later tonight
Here's one right back at ya. All I did was change the wing type to 1 aileron : 1 flap. This set up everything automatically and didn't mess with what you had already done...

- your flaps are still set up the way you had them and they're on the same 3-pos switch.

- your Gear channel is still on the same 2-pos switch

The only thing that changed is the flaps moved to channel 6 and Gear moved to channel 5 (like mentioned yesterday, the default on Spektrum and compatible systems is flaps on ch6, gear on ch5). So you'd need to swap those two connections at your receiver... plug flaps into Aux1 and your PERS into Gear.

If your lights ON/OFF operates backwards, reverse the Gear channel in the radio under Servo Setup / Reverse

I assume you are using Y-cabled ailerons.

You can achieve the same thing that's been done in this modified .spm file I'm attaching yourself just by going into your radio right now and changing the Aircraft Type to Wing: 1 Ail 1 Flap. That's all you need to do

You will now see this is Channel Assign...

Rx Port Assignments
5 GEAR:Gear
6 AUX1:Flap

Channel Input Config (your switches)
5 GEAR: A
6 AUX1: N/A (because you already chose your flaps switch in the Flaps System menu).
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by North_of_49; Aug 29, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Find More Posts by capoli
Tail Dragon
United States, IA, Lansing
Joined Jun 2013
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Perfect... got it

Got it - thanks a ton North!!!
capoli is offline Find More Posts by capoli
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by North_of_49
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
9,519 Posts
Quote:
Got it - thanks a ton North!!!
No problem, man.

I noticed you have some pretty extreme numbers programmed in your flaps system menu for down elevator and servo speed... about double in both cases of what I have on my Sport Cub and even mine are kind of what others might consider extreme. Fellow member Joel (turboparker) was explaining in another thread how too much down ele just ends up negating what the flaps actually do, if I can find it I'll send you the link.

As for deployment time, I just wouldn't want to see that bite you if you got into trouble and needed to retract them quickly. I found a way in my DX9 to set up two different speeds for my flaps, a slower speed for deploy and faster one for retract. It uses a combination of settings in the flaps system along with settings in the main servo setup menu. I think I have about a 4 or maybe even 5 second deployment for full flaps with maybe half that time or less to retract them.
RCG Plus Member