New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2015, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by bemojo
Joined Apr 2014
38 Posts
Just installed a brand new Zenmuse Z15 BMPCC on my S900. The gimbal seems to work, haven't tried it in th eair though, but it's making this weird sound. It seems to be from the yaw motor because when I force the yaw out of balance the sound reduces, but once it looked in the sound comes back. Anybody had something similiar and got it fixed? Have a gig nextweekend and don't have time to wait for DJI 3-month before answering support.

Dji Zenmuse Z15 BMPCC Sound (0 min 22 sec)
bemojo is offline Find More Posts by bemojo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by Psionic001
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,448 Posts
Mine is exactly the same. Only on pan, but overall the gimbal works well.
I'd like to find a way tap power from the gimbal to power the camera. Anyone got ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemojo View Post
Just installed a brand new Zenmuse Z15 BMPCC on my S900. The gimbal seems to work, haven't tried it in th eair though, but it's making this weird sound. It seems to be from the yaw motor because when I force the yaw out of balance the sound reduces, but once it looked in the sound comes back. Anybody had something similiar and got it fixed? Have a gig nextweekend and don't have time to wait for DJI 3-month before answering support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnSbcaVBNJs
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2015, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by bemojo
Joined Apr 2014
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Mine is exactly the same. Only on pan, but overall the gimbal works well.
I'd like to find a way tap power from the gimbal to power the camera. Anyone got ideas?
That's also on my wich list , a pain to swap batterys (they should have made the battery tray accessible). Problem the camera want's 12V, don't think the HDMI converter runs on more than 5V. Maybe a https://www.pololu.com/product/2117 would work then.

Good to know the sound doesn't effect the preformance of the gimbal, was affraid the sound generated vibrations to the lens. Have you tried the gimbal in the air?
bemojo is offline Find More Posts by bemojo
Old Aug 02, 2015, 05:06 AM
Find More Posts by consoleworld
Greece, Athina
Joined Nov 2012
193 Posts
The HDMI board take 12v from GCU and convert to 5v, but if you take the 12v for power the BMPCC maybe burn the split-ring or the GCU circuit .

Christian
consoleworld is online now Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Aug 19, 2015, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by maxx4wd
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Feb 2013
278 Posts
Does anyone else have a non centered gimbal...mine is only off a few degrees but when looking down its definately skewed to the left a few degrees...usually I just reset on the ground and use the sticks to center it and with a dedicated camera man this is a mute point but when I have to fly alone (which happends oftern) it really bugs that the camera isn't pointed straight ahead...I can still fly it like a phantom and frame the shot with the copter but it would be nice to know that straight is straight...
maxx4wd is offline Find More Posts by maxx4wd
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by kuau
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Sep 2011
458 Posts
I am trying out a BMPCC and having this exact issue with my S900 /LB/ BMPCC setup
http://forum.dji.com/thread-20758-1-1.html
kuau is offline Find More Posts by kuau
Old Aug 27, 2015, 03:02 AM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx4wd View Post
Does anyone else have a non centered gimbal...mine is only off a few degrees but when looking down its definately skewed to the left a few degrees...usually I just reset on the ground and use the sticks to center it and with a dedicated camera man this is a mute point but when I have to fly alone (which happends oftern) it really bugs that the camera isn't pointed straight ahead...I can still fly it like a phantom and frame the shot with the copter but it would be nice to know that straight is straight...
You do not state what FC you are using but I would suggest that you do a cold IMU calibration. Make sure your mod values are near 0, 1.0, and 1400-1600.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2015, 08:21 AM
Find More Posts by kuau
United States, UT, Park City
Joined Sep 2011
458 Posts
Ed, Ken,
Can really use some help with my BMPCC setup.
I opened a case with DJI and they have not responded.
Thanks
kuau is offline Find More Posts by kuau
Old Aug 27, 2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by jovito
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
221 Posts
Z15 reel

Ok, here is it!

Big screen, FHD, and up the volume!!
MASTER REEL 2016 (4 min 31 sec)