New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2015, 12:18 AM
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
7,168 Posts
You are most welcome. The S107G was what started this hobby for me, so I could relate. Getting a 2nd S107G was a great decision. If and when one started to fly funny, you could compare it with the good sample and quickly determine what went wrong.

I despise extreme weight loss for the S107G. Hence, the words under my name. I think it is cruel to chop everything off the helo until it is just flying motors. The S107G is a great looking helo. So, do your best to preserve it.

Also, you are welcome to experiment anything you want with your helos. Try different types of batteries and see what you could learn from the different combinations. Good luck. I'll see you around.

HP
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2015, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by Spartan300
Joined Jul 2015
11 Posts
The 107 is just pure fun. Get another one or two, and then you can fly with no worries about charging up the one. Heli Pad, I agree with you. Tossing half the body in the trash is not for me either. Philly, grab a Syma s111g which is the Coast Guard model. That is one of the most fun little helicopters ever made. As far as pure fun and relaxation, you can not beat the little Syma's, i don't care what anybody says. I have more expensive and much faster 4 channel models such as the 450X, and the SR120 but as fun goes I still have the most fun with my Blade mcx2 choppers and my Syma's.
Spartan300 is offline Find More Posts by Spartan300
Old Aug 04, 2015, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Joined Jun 2012
316 Posts
Ha...Deja vu PC,
I to started with this beautiful little bird thinking and doing the same thing.
And remember HeliPad telling me the same thing. Him and all the great people here on this forum. I've stepped up to the blade 120 and bout ready to step up to NanoCPX, But I still do and will always have me a 107 for the fun. I have two that I keep in shape for that relaxing fun.
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Aug 28, 2015, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by rc_newbie2000
Joined Aug 2015
11 Posts
Hi guys,
The syma s107g was my first rc heli and I loved it and it got me hooked into the rc world. Since then I got the v911 pro and the h8 mini but I still love to fly my s107g. But today, I fully charged my s107g and gave throttle but, it went a couple feet into the air and then descended to the ground and at full throttle, it doesn't lift at all and its yawing to the right. I suspect its the battery but could there be other reasons to this?
rc_newbie2000 is offline Find More Posts by rc_newbie2000
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
13,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_newbie2000 View Post
Hi guys,
The syma s107g was my first rc heli and I loved it and it got me hooked into the rc world. Since then I got the v911 pro and the h8 mini but I still love to fly my s107g. But today, I fully charged my s107g and gave throttle but, it went a couple feet into the air and then descended to the ground and at full throttle, it doesn't lift at all and its yawing to the right. I suspect its the battery but could there be other reasons to this?
For now, make sure there are fresh batts in the TX. Keep recharging your heli and fly it for only a couple minutes OR when you start to lose power. This "cycling" process could help bring your batt back to life (if it is your batt).

Did you check all your gears, tail rotor for hair wrapped around the shafts? Especially with animals in the house.

With the info you gave me, this is the best I can do. Heli_Pad will be on soon and give you a better answer.....Maybe

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7,168 Posts
I heard my name, LOL. RC_Newbie, It isn't uncommon for the Lipo to deteriorate to a point that it doesn't have enough power to fly the S107, in which time, the battery needs to be replaced. There are other contributors, too, like failing motors, hair caught in the shaft, etc.

But, you gave another piece of important info. "It doesn't lift and its yawing to the right." That spinning helicopter is a huge clue, and that means that there might be an easier fix than you think.

Click on my blog (name) and check out the article on "My S107 won't lift" and pay attention to the "Spinning" discussion. Good luck. May the force be with you.

HP
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by rc_newbie2000
Joined Aug 2015
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I heard my name, LOL. RC_Newbie, It isn't uncommon for the Lipo to deteriorate to a point that it doesn't have enough power to fly the S107, in which time, the battery needs to be replaced. There are other contributors, too, like failing motors, hair caught in the shaft, etc.

But, you gave another piece of important info. "It doesn't lift and its yawing to the right." That spinning helicopter is a huge clue, and that means that there might be an easier fix than you think.

Click on my blog (name) and check out the article on "My S107 won't lift" and pay attention to the "Spinning" discussion. Good luck. May the force be with you.

HP
Thanks for replying. I checked your "My Syma has no lift" thread and followed the directions. I checked for hair and debris but there wasn't any, the gears were fine and the cogs were aligned. I checked for any slippage but, there wasn't any slippage at all. Oh, I forget to mention something in my previous post. For the last couple of weeks, my heli had a hard time to spin the top blades. When the top blades were folded, my heli could not spin the blades while the bottom blades were spinning. So most of the time, I had to straighten the top blades so the top blades could also spin. So does that mean one of the rotors went bad (specifically the back motor with black and white wires) and I have to change it? If so, what is the best way to replace them? Should I unsolder the old motor from the receiver board and resolder the new motor in or should I cut the wires off from the old motor, splice the wires with the new motor and apply solder on the new connections?
rc_newbie2000 is offline Find More Posts by rc_newbie2000
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_newbie2000 View Post
Thanks for replying. I checked your "My Syma has no lift" thread and followed the directions. I checked for hair and debris but there wasn't any, the gears were fine and the cogs were aligned. I checked for any slippage but, there wasn't any slippage at all. Oh, I forget to mention something in my previous post. For the last couple of weeks, my heli had a hard time to spin the top blades. When the top blades were folded, my heli could not spin the blades while the bottom blades were spinning. So most of the time, I had to straighten the top blades so the top blades could also spin. So does that mean one of the rotors went bad (specifically the back motor with black and white wires) and I have to change it? If so, what is the best way to replace them? Should I unsolder the old motor from the receiver board and resolder the new motor in or should I cut the wires off from the old motor, splice the wires with the new motor and apply solder on the new connections?
No problem. Slippage is one of most common problems. And so that we are clear and you've covered everything, in most case, slippage is not at the gears. It is most commonly found on where the upper rotor head is joined with the inner shaft. There is a couple of screws in the head that locks it to notch in the shaft. The symptoms that you described - having a hard time spinning up the top blades are very consistent with that problem. So, please double check that - by taking the head assembly off the shaft, then after noting where the notch in the shaft is, reinstall the head by carefully aligning the locking screw with the notch and bolt it down tight.

To ensure that there is no slippage, use your finger or the eraser head of a pencil to stop the Lower gear in the main body. The Lower gear is connected to the inner shaft, to the top blades. While the lower gear is stopped dead, gently try turning the top blades. You should feel a lot of resistance. Otherwise, something is slipping.

If after double checking that there is no slippage occurring at the head - then you might be right about the failing motor. Although it is not common, it could happen. Source the right motor and replacing it, is a bit more tricky, but it could be done. If you are good with soldering small electronics, you could solder the replacement motor to the board. Otherwise, you could cut and splice wires. Everything is tugged under the canopy. It doesn't have to been good looking. You just need good, clean electrical connections.