SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 01:27 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Those seems to be the same ones 3dhs sale (only that they are available in colors well). Esprit have them in stock now as well + DEAL0211OFF for 11% off.
Another great resource for a lot of stuff on my plane was milehighrc. I went with their integrated fuel dot with switch on mine. Only $10 but I know someone threw concerns about slide switches on gas motors earlier but so far mine has been very good and convenient. The switch with a dot controls my ignition and is supplied by a a123 battery for the 6V. The other switch is the switch that came with the plane and does the fromeco 2600 liIo for the servos. I am curious how you guys did your ibec setups and am still curious about the shunt setups I believe it was called that gets rid of slide switches. My setup works fine but curious about other ways from those that are more experience with these.
sr175 is online now Find More Posts by sr175
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:48 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr175 View Post
You guys have pictures of your power setup?
From another plane. No switches, on this two lifepo4 one is next to the tank and i want to replace the power box with a diy job and a tech aero ibec
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Today, 02:51 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
you seem to be real knowledgeable
I mostly invent as I go along.

I have never set up a gasser so really have no clue what im doing.
Read these. Many other resources.
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=53943
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...17&postcount=3

I will be using a dx8 radio what type rx shoud I run just the standard 8 channel spektrum rx with a sat.
yes, that would be just fine. Or a power safe Rx if you want the power redundancy.

what types of batteries for the ignition and servos?
one 2300 to 2500mah to both IGN and servos.
Or two 1100mah batteries with a power distribution board for redundancy.

any kinda of kill switch or just program closed throtte in the radio?
techaero IBEC from here.
It is a good idea to add an ArmSafe switch that people use on Electric planes for the IGN as well.

best servos for the plane im assuming the hitec7955tg but was hoping there is a little cheaper alternative.
7954SH ($75 at rcsuperstore.com). Though the 7955tg is $82 at Tower right now so not much difference.

I will be also getting the fortitude tank is says 8oz right?
Personally I would get their newer 12Oz size.

I will be going the dle 35 route im assuming its bolts up the same as the dle30.
No its not. the lower standoffs are 5mm wider than the DLE30, GT33, DA35. You will need to grind the standoff a little with a dremel so it fits.

and I should just use the stock muffler correct?
Unless you have noise restrictions I don't see a reason why not.

My advice, worth price paid...
Removed my questions here. Thanks for the summary very helpful! I change my mind.

I saw this at FG. http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...25&postcount=6

I posted earlier that after i put my cowel on its like the tune of my motor changed. It doesnt want to transition as easy and sputters more. With cowel off it runs beautifully. Could what being talked about in this link be my problem? ANyone else experience this on this plane?
Last edited by sr175; Today at 03:14 PM.
Old Today, 03:46 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,883 Posts
Personaly not but to be honest if I were to do the mod shown at fg I'd put the tube outside the plane and not behind the wings etc (maybe where the tank vent is)
The reason on most gas setups you dont really have a vent for the air that enters the plane fuse to escape because it looks shite (but its a good thing to have). Maybe allow the air to escape from the cowl a bit better. ..
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Today, 04:42 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
3,082 Posts
Quote:
You guys have pictures of your power setup?
There you go. This is the RIP Edge. The white 74" will be setup differently though (two 1100 batts and a power board).
arnav is online now Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 04:56 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Another great resource for a lot of stuff on my plane was milehighrc. I went with their integrated fuel dot with switch on mine. Only $10 but I know someone threw concerns about slide switches on gas motors earlier but so far mine has been very good and convenient. The switch with a dot controls my ignition and is supplied by a a123 battery for the 6V. The other switch is the switch that came with the plane and does the fromeco 2600 liIo for the servos. I am curious how you guys did your ibec setups and am still curious about the shunt setups I believe it was called that gets rid of slide switches. My setup works fine but curious about other ways from those that are more experience with these.
Oy vey, so many batteries and switches...

There are so many possible setups, so go with the one that you are most comfortable with.

The IBEC goes between the Rx and the IGN:
Battery pack-> rx -> IBEC -> ignition.

Some fields in the US (and perhaps AMA regulations - don't remember) requires a physical switch so it would be:

Battery pack-> rx -> IBEC -> shunt -> ignition.
order of shunt and IBEC can be swapped.

Some prefer to put the shunt between the batteries and Rx in which case it will be:
Battery pack-> shunt > rx -> IBEC -> ignition.

If you go with a power distribution board it would be:

battery pack-> board
board <-> rx
board -> servos
Board -> IBEC -> IGN.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:29 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1,125 Posts
Thanks again. What product would be a good example of a shunt to use?
Old Today, 05:36 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
3,082 Posts
Schumacher Products ArmSafe Arming Kit w/14awg Wire
RCG Plus Member