SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2014, 07:33 PM
Canada, BC, Castlegar
Joined May 2014
170 Posts
Discussion
High Torque Gear Drive Unit for under $5

Gentlemen :

Thanx to all of the guys who have been helping me along with the engine nacelle drive of my V22 Osprey . TONS of great info in this forum .

Check out my blog for a really cheap solution for a high torque gear drive unit that is very light in weight and costs under $5 typically . The guts of a hand crank flashlight ! It is definately designed to handle the human input force to spin a DC motor via a heavily geared up drive train . The bonus is that the DC motor is of a type that can be directly driven with a standard servo circuit board . Just use the unit in a reverse application than what it was intended for .

A high torqe drive unit that can be interfaced with typical components .

I hope to help out other flyers that are in the same boat as me with this post .

Regards : Rick
RickC_RCAV8R is offline Find More Posts by RickC_RCAV8R
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: BEC vs. Buck-Boost Power Supply
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 03:46 AM
Joined Oct 2004
2,808 Posts
The gearing ratio might not be much better than that of a typical servo, but the higher torque motor and beefier gears surely will help. That's an interesting find that I might have several more applications for, BTW. Great find!
Brandano is offline Find More Posts by Brandano
Old Oct 07, 2014, 08:35 AM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,118 Posts
That does look interesting
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap