SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2,803 Posts
Hey Hondajet....I've always been intrigued...do the metal bits on your planes rust quicker sucking in all that beautiful salt air ????
HellHathNoFury is online now Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:42 PM
Lovin my DX18QQ!!
Australia, QLD, Ferny Hills
Joined Apr 2013
692 Posts
I'm intrigued as well!
PhillPerry is online now Find More Posts by PhillPerry
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 07:48 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Sanman..He ALWAYS likes to rub it in every time he posts a clip from Broome in W.A. while all of us "Mexicans" down here in the cooler or should I say COLD State of Victoria shiver. For a second I thought I was watching a clip from a show here called "Getaway"..Still hoping tho for him to show us some of the local "White Pointers" He knows what Im talking about....haha

On a serious note now...That was one very impressive clip. If I were to get one and you are flying "stock" I would not change a thing..It flys plenty fast for me too and doesn't need more power unless it need some "reserve" power.

Well done HondaJet..You have excelled yourself.....again....A.F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
Hey Hondajet....I've always been intrigued...do the metal bits on your planes rust quicker sucking in all that beautiful salt air ????

Yo ! only up in these parts til the end of the year guys.....then moving back down from this 18 Deg latitude to below the 26th again back to Perth for a year.....and some greener fields and some cooler shivering times again.

Yes they certainly do and I have to do a lot of post flight servicing and directed spray lubing as well as dusting off all the Beach sand with a narrow paint brush.

My suspension oleo parts are also covered with some removable rubber tube that keeps sand from getting on the telescopic bits ,

All in all, it is not really such an "Idyllic" place to fly....with the tide times .....heat and humidity this time of the year when you can only withstand 30 minutes of outside exposure before succumbing in a pool of sweat in the 35+C 80-90% humidity levels with stinging eyes caused by the salt in your sweat....causing a termination of the flight and urgent landing in 2D with only One eye open.....the other eye shut to stop the stinging

I just drool over you guys there in the States and the Continent, with all those fantastic facilities as scale paved runways and taxiways for this sport and the critical mass of keen fliers that can make this happen....... that's my Disneyland !
Hondajet is online now Find More Posts by Hondajet
Last edited by Hondajet; Today at 08:03 PM.
Old Today, 08:04 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2,803 Posts
LOL....You're dead right there Hondajet....some of those guys in the US have nice lined paved runways with nice amenities like shaded BBQ areas....even showers...lol... What a hard life.... I used to live in Papua New Guinea near the water & anything metal that wasn't treated with some kind of chemical would just rust away pronto...
Old Today, 08:08 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,360 Posts
You mean more like Overnight .......like what happened my seized Durafly Storch Flaps with all their non SS nuts and bolts.

opps ! pun SS not intended
Old Today, 08:14 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2,803 Posts
I thought that might be the case....that's why I asked the question....you can't beat the corrosive ability of saltwater......The guys look at your photos & admire the beauty( & it is beautiful surroundings) but there is a dark side to it...rust...lol
Old Today, 08:20 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,360 Posts
And the "White Pointers" distraction drool !
Old Today, 08:29 PM
Joined Dec 2013
2,803 Posts
Isn't that the main reason why you fly there.....go on admit it.... How can you concentrate ??? You're a better man than me....haha...You must be pretty good at repairs ....
Old Today, 09:29 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2013
576 Posts
Thinking I'm going to order one of these tomorrow. I have been edf- less for a while flying larger stuff. I have some 6s 5450mah packs that are 713g including connectors. They are lighter than the Admiral 5000mah I have seen mentioned in here. Is there a big difference in performance carrying an extra 123g of weight over the Admiral Pro 4000mah that is recommended? Im guessing with the 5450mah I would get a solid 5 min with mixed throttle. I understand this is not a speed demon but my last edf was a habu2 so I am hoping speed wise it will be similar or hopefully a little faster. Also have much better thrust as the Habu2 in stock form lacked it miserably.

Am I good to go out of the box or is there a lot to do? Any worthwhile mods? I noticed there was an upgrade motor but also you have to change to a different 12 blade and up the ESC. Has anybody done it?

Thanks.
Bhodi11 is online now Find More Posts by Bhodi11
Old Today, 09:38 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondajet View Post
And the "White Pointers" distraction drool !
Well..We are waiting..A short clip would be a nice parting gift to us all...haha..
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Today, 10:24 PM
" Plain Crazy! "
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Oct 2008
2,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11 View Post
Thinking I'm going to order one of these tomorrow. I have been edf- less for a while flying larger stuff. I have some 6s 5450mah packs that are 713g including connectors. They are lighter than the Admiral 5000mah I have seen mentioned in here. Is there a big difference in performance carrying an extra 123g of weight over the Admiral Pro 4000mah that is recommended? Im guessing with the 5450mah I would get a solid 5 min with mixed throttle. I understand this is not a speed demon but my last edf was a habu2 so I am hoping speed wise it will be similar or hopefully a little faster. Also have much better thrust as the Habu2 in stock form lacked it miserably.

Am I good to go out of the box or is there a lot to do? Any worthwhile mods? I noticed there was an upgrade motor but also you have to change to a different 12 blade and up the ESC. Has anybody done it?

Thanks.

Yes good to go out of the Box with that Pack and yes...... 8 minutes endurance with a 5 minute warning alarm set on your Tx and then 3 - 4 minutes for landing attempts WITH MIXED THROTTLE on your 5400 MaH packs.... and still some taxi time left.

Watch your CG placement though...... and don't follow the Freewing advice ........That is my call here ! ....

Get it balanced level upside down with the Gear Down at around the 200mm mark back from wing root and your 6S 5400 pack weight placement with a drop down mod of the ESC if necessary...... then do the Tail Sit Test and I and others have described here before..... To refine your Battery Position with it right way up and sitting static on the wheels ...... and it will fly away for you as mine does..... nice and scale.

NOTE: I had to add a 20g slender weight to the tail area inside the internal Fuselage underneath the Fin attachment, to also achieve a comfortable Tail Sit Test with the Battery in that weight range........ You may not have to.

It also likes a long ground Take-Off run (just as the Real one did)...and a small gentle nudge of expo added elevator to get it airborne from the neutral elevator trim setting level with the Top of the rear Fuselage area as Freewing Manual illustrated..... then it flies away from there with minimal trim change setting.

My 5000 Turnigy Nanotech pack weighs in at 746g so you will have no issues with your pack there and some nice Top End scale speed performance and climb rate.

Also do some checking of the Undercarriage fitting....... you will have to carefully lift pry those glued cover panels off ...... then I reattached them with some tacked in sewing pins cut off if necessary for easy removal again. Undo all the screws if required and make sure every thing is fitted tight and aligned correctly into the retract housings.

The model does not like flying off TOO rough a surface, (What Jet Does unless it is a C17) and Grass Strips have to be fairly low cut and smooth to be kind to your gear.

I posted this link before to the Luxurious version of the F86 from the PRC through Aliexpress, that comes PNP with the High Thrust Inrunner installed and ready to go without the fiddle of changing this standard 6S version.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Freew...050557504.html

Last edited by Hondajet; Today at 11:12 PM.