HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2014, 07:45 PM
United States, UT, Murray
Joined Jun 2004
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
If the LED shows green then the battery is NOT charged. When you charge the camera, make sure the camera is turned OFF. Cameras with hardware V3 will always turn ON when you connect them, so you need to turn them OFF for faster charging. V1 and V2 cameras won't turn on automatically when you connect them. Charging takes about 2 hours, maybe longer.
Whatever version you have, you must wait until the green LED turns OFF. The battery will then be fully charged. If the green LED never turns off you most likely need to replace your battery. If the battery can't hold it's charge you'll get very short clip lengths. To test, make sure the battery is fully charged. Connect the camera to external USB power and start recording. If you get normal length recordings then you need to replace your battery.
Thanks guys, that was it, I guess I thought the light being green meant it was charged. It shut off and I tried it and it works flawless.
UT Raptor is online now Find More Posts by UT Raptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 02:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothlisburger View Post
Ok, so when I plug the camera in to the USB, nothing happens. If I push the On button, the LED flashes red for two seconds, and then turns off. If I hold the On button down, the LED turns red for two seconds, and then turns yellow for about five seconds, then turns back to red and stays on. And the camera mounts as a disc on my Mac. The disc contains no files or folders, but has about 32 GB capacity.

Solid red is supposed to mean still camera standby. But pressing the Shutter button does nothing. The LED remains solid red.

I tried to switch to video mode by pressing the On button, but the LED remains solid red. Pressing and holding the On button makes the LED turn off, and the disc is ejected from my Mac.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-David
The buttons won't work correctly if your camera is connected to a PC or Mac. You have to connect it to external USB power with only +5V and Ground connected. There must be no data on the two data lines, otherwise the camera will think it's connected to a PC (Mac).
Depending on the camera's HW version the camera may turn on automatically when connected to external power. Otherwise you have to press the power button. Depending how the parameters are set, you may have to long-press (i.e. about 2 seconds) the power button to turn the camera on.
Since you can get the camera to mount properly when connected to your Mac the camera appears to work correctly so it really sounds as if your battery is not charged or the battery is dead.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 07, 2014, 07:40 AM
the occasional flyer
Rexburg, ID
Joined Jul 2008
521 Posts
Hmm. I hooked the camera up to a USB phone charger, and was able to take video and stills. So it must be the battery. Any good places to get a new batt?

Thanks Isoprop for your help.

-David
rothlisburger is offline Find More Posts by rothlisburger
Old Oct 07, 2014, 09:34 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothlisburger View Post
Hmm. I hooked the camera up to a USB phone charger, and was able to take video and stills. So it must be the battery. Any good places to get a new batt?

Thanks Isoprop for your help.

-David
Please read post #2 (The first 5 posts will answer most of your questions).
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank