Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 07, 2007, 12:21 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,274 Posts
Discussion
super cub or goldberg eagle 400?

I am completely new to r/c in general. currently I have a 6 channel futaba heli radio, a dragonus heli, and phoenix flight sim.I have been learning on the sim mostly with the helis but have been also flying the planes on the sim. I am currently looking to purchase my first plane and have narrowed it down to the park zone super cub and the goldberg eagle 400 and having a hard time deciding, both will cost about the same since the supercub is available as an airframe only ,easily modified to ailerons,easy to repair. How does this plane handle wind? on the other hand I like the eagle 400 also, and seems to me like it will handle wind better but be harder to repair. does anyone have experience with both planes? I like the fact that people said they have had success learning to fly on thier own with the supercub, can the same be said about the eagle 400?
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2007, 06:04 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Well, if it were me and it was at one time, I would opt for the Supercub any day if you've never flown a plane before and want to learn on your own. If you crash a balsa plane it will certainly ruin your day. Foam planes are easily repaired, but balsa planes are a major undertaking depending on how bad they are damaged.

I opted for the Hobbico Superstar EP as my first plane (it's balsa) and crashed it right out of the gate. I sure wised at that time that i had went with the Supercub!
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Jun 07, 2007, 12:22 PM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,413 Posts
Its just a question of how you prefer to spend your time. With the SuperCub you'll spend most of your time flying. With the Eagle 400 you'll spend most of your time rebuilding. Your choice.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L