HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:07 PM
United States, NH, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2013
18 Posts
Discussion
Pl6 Battery Voltage Check?

I am been searching everywhere for this but I can't find any information. When I plug a battery into my pl6 I would like it to act as a battery checker and show me the cell voltages. Ichargers and Hyperion chargers do this automatically when you plug in a battery. Is there a way to do this with the PL6?
Thanks
Steve
smarblewnec is offline Find More Posts by smarblewnec
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:21 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,867 Posts
Covered on P.27-28 of the manual.
mrforsyth is offline Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:22 PM
United States, NH, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2013
18 Posts
Thank you for the fast response but I don't see how to have the pl6 automatically show you the cell volts when a pack is plugged in. If I hold enter it goes into a charge. Otherwise I have to click on a charge mode and then make 6 more selections just to go to monitor and then I have to scroll through the displays to finally see cell voltage.
smarblewnec is offline Find More Posts by smarblewnec
Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,539 Posts
Not cell voltages but to check battey voltages a $4 Harbor Freight DVM with an extra set of charger leads works great and is very fast and easy.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,235 Posts
iChargers do this? Curious I'm not aware of that. Please do tell. Or do you mean you simply start a "monitor" mode?

Guess I don't see the need. Get a Hyperion EOS Sentry instead.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,539 Posts
Set iCharger to Monitor and connect balancing leads only and get cell voltages. Getting same with PLs is a fair amount more steps. I sent OP a PM and he is happier now, I suggested he rearange the PL8 Menu screens using interface software.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2013
153 Posts
For iChargers, you can just hold down the stop button for 3 seconds to enter the other 'monitor mode' (not sure of the official name).

You see input V, total battery out V, temp. You can press inc to see cell voltages and press dec to do an IR test (press dec again to switch from cell IR to total pack IR). Also no need to re-enter the menu when swapping batteries, everything except the IR is displayed in real time. Very handy.
CerealKiller159 is offline Find More Posts by CerealKiller159