HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342 View Post
Has anyone seen any updates on when the vendor's might receive the V2's? (i.e. looking forward to swapping for the plastic lense units). I'm flying with the V2's as-is and am 90% happy with them and wouldn't complain even if I couldn't uprade them. I think even with my predator goggles I had to put the strap way up on the back of my head to get the right angle so I am kind of used to it.
I believe a post by FS over at FPV lab said Aug. Check to make sure. That thread moves quickly.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,366 Posts
I saw those image comparisons of all the Goggles (including Skyzones').
It looks like the DomV1 had the worst image?
More blur compared to the AttitudeV2? I had both, and was opposite for me.

....seems like the DomV2.1 plastic lens is the most cost effective for all.
The DomHD is more of a headache for him. Dec2014 is still my guess:-)
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,162 Posts
Let's copy the picture over to our thread since it seems to be the topic of the day:

stevea3342 is offline Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,366 Posts
DomV1 vs AttitudeV2.....
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
396 Posts
There is no way the DOMV1 is like that. I have these and the Attitudes and the Dom quality is much better.
daggad is offline Find More Posts by daggad
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggad View Post
There is no way the DOMV1 is like that. I have these and the Attitudes and the Dom quality is much better.
I know, thats why I had to mention it.
I bought the AttV2 and I returned them as soon as I turned them ON,
the DomV1 are mis-represented in those image snap shots by a lot.
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,162 Posts
Yeah, in this picture the Predator V2's look better (or no worse) than the Dominator V1's. Unlikely...
stevea3342 is offline Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
883 Posts
Looking at it from a marketing stand point.

They announced the new edition prior to its complete testing. Then they got overwhelming demand for them from customers who love the doms. Unfortunately for them they let only sponsored people to test them so they got a biased review from users. So when real people got them they say the truth. It should not have been announced until final testing was done and production was beginning. So say 2 months before it's in the hands of people. Announcing products that early without substantial testing in real applications can be harmful to a company. Now instead of shipping out all the units tested and complete. He has to spend time reworking them. Then the stress and recall of all the defective units. Then the cost of repairs/replace takes away from developing and moving forward with other devices. I'm sorry I'm just ranting and frustrated that the HDs are out and they are also being know to have problems before the fixed the problems with the V2s.

Sorry I'm ranting and letting out frustrations. As a user of the V2's this weekend I didn't have a good time constantly resetting them on my face having to tilt my head back to get a usable image. Unable to see my osd info.

Thats my $.03 <(inflation)
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,366 Posts
Someone is selling DomHD on the ForSale section because of
lens to eye distance issues.....?
Another Beta tester:
This thread is getting upsetting.(LOL).
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2210330
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsz View Post
Here is the setting video of 600tvl sony super had II CCD camera with IR sensitive filter, you can have a look for reference:
http://vimeo.com/84120391

and the setting video of sony super had II CCD 600tvl camera with IR block filter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBP...aEUrELFwYMaoiw
Is this the same camera? http://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-cs-60...tvl-d-wdr.html

What adjustments are changed from stock as I haven't changed anything yet from stock.
cherokee180c is offline Find More Posts by cherokee180c
Old Today, 03:42 AM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Tauranga
Joined Feb 2013
41 Posts
Look at the size of the domn v1 at 30FOV and then the plastic optic V2 domns at 32FOV. That is way more than 2 degrees bigger. I questioned it last night and Greg is now saying he dosnt think Domn V1 is actually 30FOV as he never had testing equipment back then

I cancelled my HD pre order as i dont want to risk not even being able to use them due to the very small eye relief, ive now pre ordered the version 2 V2's
GHawkins is online now Find More Posts by GHawkins