HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:50 PM
United States, IL, Evanston
Joined Apr 2013
653 Posts
Discussion
Plane after PZ T-28. (P-47 vs F-27Q Stryker vs VisionAire)

Getting very comfortable with my PZ T-28. Starting to look ahead for Christmas. Considering the planes shown in the title. Any inputs are welcome

I currently have the Stratos, Apprentice S, and PZ T-28.

P-47 : Seems like the next logical step. Retracts, flaps, and added speed make it "new".

Stryker : Will satisfy my need for speed and is a different type of plane. But is it too big of a step up from the T-28?
Might be nice for proximity fpv later as a side benefit.

VisionAire : 3D also would be different and a lot of people seem to love it. Although 90% of the videos I see are prop hangs....might get old quickly?

Decisions, decisions....
dsheikh573 is online now Find More Posts by dsheikh573
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:46 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,720 Posts
My 2cents worth - The P47 is just another T28 - but doesn't fly as good. The Stryker is a ball and a completely different animal, not hard to fly really, but learning how to get it launched is sometimes quite the battle. The Visionaire is a fabulous flyer and does a great job of any aerobatics. It does not have to be hovered or flown in harrier style - it has much more to offer than that. The visionaire is easier to fly than the T28, but will do way more tricks with ease.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:19 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,045 Posts
or if you're up for a challenge get the spit. teaches you disciplined takeoffs and landings as well as speed handling.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:22 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,203 Posts
i went 47 after my 28 and love it! she is a sweet flyer.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Oct 27, 2013, 09:35 PM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,483 Posts
Souped up P47!
nom is offline Find More Posts by nom
Old Nov 05, 2013, 09:12 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
I have the T-28, Stryker F27Q, and the P47. I can't speak for the Visionaire. I humbly disagree with the above statement that the "P47 is just another T-28 but doesn't fly as good." I like both and find they fly different. If I'm just wanting a calm relaxing flight - the T-28 is my grab - but if I want to have some fun and have to focus more on Take-Offs and Landings and have higher speed - then the P47 is my choice for the day.

As for the Stryker - it can get away from me quickly if I let it - but it doesn't have to. It can slow down as well. It's a blast to flly. Took me a bit to get the launch correct, but I like it. In fact, since the wind is up today - the Stryker is the plane in my car for lunch time flying.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Nov 05, 2013, 09:36 AM
United States, IL, Evanston
Joined Apr 2013
653 Posts
I'm leaning towards to Stryker at this point. Just looks like a very different flight experience compared to the planes I have now. If the speed is too much of a jump, I could always shelve it and try something like the p-47.
Or I might just throw the names in a hat and let my wife surprise me for Christmas.

Oh, and the new PZ mossie is now on my maybe list as well (:
dsheikh573 is online now Find More Posts by dsheikh573
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2013, 09:44 AM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,483 Posts
If you want something different then get either the mossie or an EDF jet. If you are looking for speed the next jump from props are edfs. The mossie is great because it is a twin and it is unique. The mossie can also have retracts and flaps!
nom is offline Find More Posts by nom