Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 31, 2013, 04:14 PM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
Discussion
Mini Vapor Pylon Racing and Combat at NEAT

A few of us have been talking of having "class" competitions with the Mini Vapor at the Friday and Saturday indoor nights at NEAT. Joe Mallanchak has agreed that it will be fun and he'll allow it.

First, to be able to fly a Mini Vapor Joe says the pilot will still have to be registered with a scratch or kit built indoor plane for the regular indoor night.

Second, the only modification allowed to the MV will be to use a different battery. No motor or prop or other changes allowed. This will be to keep it equal and emphasize pilot skill.

Mini Vapor combat will involve thin toilet paper streamers. Mini Vapor pylon racing will be just that, pylon racing where everyone has the same planes.

This should be fun.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2013, 09:51 AM
I love my ID.
Fairfax VA
Joined Aug 2004
626 Posts
I hope we start with MV racing first and then MV combat after that.
I want to have my MV alive until the end of the event. Leaving the event with destroyed MVs will be a good excuse for scratch built airplanes.

Is ramming allowed?

See you at NEAT. Newbeflyer and I will stay at Riverside cafe & lodging.
jingjingjing is offline Find More Posts by jingjingjing
Old Sep 02, 2013, 11:13 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
Jin,
I think you are right that combat should be the very last of MV events. I'm thinking MV pylon Friday night, then Saturday night, then combat Saturday night.

I'm staying with both my boys at a small cabin about 1.5 miles north of the campground.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Sep 03, 2013, 07:19 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,286 Posts
Time to start playing with mixes on the Micro Vapor. A little down elevator with throttle to keep the trim less speed sensitive?

Pete

PS. I'm staying onsite and should arrive Sunday or Monday for the week.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss