HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:42 PM
United States, WI, Antigo
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Rant
If you cant check dont sell

It troubles me when a person puts things up for sale and then does not take the 5 minutes day to check there thread or PM's
Mean while your left hanging wonder if its still for sale or do you move on
"But I really like that plane and a super price and cant seem to fine that plane any more" (you think to yourself)
fishmanpuffer is offline Find More Posts by fishmanpuffer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:52 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
594 Posts
Trader Rating: 99
I agree and they can't respond back after the sale P's me off too.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:54 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
932 Posts
Trader Rating: 100
I would learn to be more patient especially if you don't have a I trader rating yet. Possible sellers might see this and might make the assumption that you are an impatient buyer. Some sellers are reluctant to do business with someone who just joined. They usually check your posts, this post might tell them to stay away.

The seller might be on the road, or on a 12 hour shift, or might even have an emergency...patience goes a long way.

Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
I dont mind a day or two but when it becomes a week or two I dont think its short on patience
and I seen this a few times.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:19 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
932 Posts
Trader Rating: 100
..i agree 1 week is too long, sometimes they do forget to close the thread too. I get all happy that the deal is still there and get no reply.

Just keep trying, they have the best RC deals here. That's why i joined. GL in you future transactions.
Helldiver is offline Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
Not that I am pissed its just my dumb luck that I will go out and buy at full price and 4 days later the seller will post (sorry computor broke down sale reduced to 1/2 price need money for a new computor LOL
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Maybe your on his "ignore" list and he didnt see your message.

Edit: I have no reason to beleve so....the thought just pop'd into my head while I was reading this and I thought it was funny.
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Last edited by desertdweller; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added something
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:25 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
2,885 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
I'll admit I spent very little time but I looked through your posts to try to figure out which post you are talking about. I didn't win but I did notice that a couple of posts you made were to very old threads. It could very well be that you asked about an item for a seller that is long gone.

Can you llink which thread you are talking about?
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Sep 2012
41 Posts
desertdweller I pm'ed a few people a week or two ago just asking if there plane was still for sale they replyed back yes then I asked do you take paypal aweek later still no return PM but no biggie
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Yeah, like I said I had no reason to believe that you were on anyones "list" it was just something that hit me while I was reading, and I thought it was kinda funny.

Seriously though, whenever I PM someone and they dont have the courtesy to return a PM I look at it as a blessing in disguise and move on. I mean if they cant be bothered to respond, what is it going to be like trying to get them to mail something to me in a timely manner?
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Last edited by desertdweller; Oct 14, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
363 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
There is usually a reason that an old ad didn't sell...
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
I try to make a point of closing a sale thread, part of the deal... I also specify in every sale post that the only way to contact me is by a P.M. as I don't normally go back and read my ads. What is amazing though is when I do scan back are all the "I want it" post, posted after they just read that I can only be reached by P.M. zeezee/dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:48 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,194 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Posting "PMsent" is a mixed blessing...It indicates interest,but in the case of my present ad for an engine,it took a while to decide the buyer didn't want to pay shipping on a trade.-Don't blame him-it was a lot,from North of the Border.
It's back and delete,so as not to crowd the thread.
There's another pm sent,but not into my mailbox apparently.So I pm'd him that it wasn't there,and got nothing so far..

YOU THINK THIS IS EASY? sigh
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
when I have something listed I make sure to check in a couple times a day. I also understand that possible emergencies can take time, mainly because I had a family emergency last year that had me flying halfway around the world within two hours of waking up to bad news. I was gone for 9 days and any communication other than updating family still in the states and keeping my work in the loop was put on hold.

who knows why they haven't communicated yet, especially if they want to sell the plane.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:24 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
412 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
It's back to the COMMUNICATION issue. Just post in the ad that you may not get back to people right away...for whatever reason. Good communication avoids a lot of problems.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector