Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,519 Posts
the flying qualities will be really nice just a little concerned about performance more than anything. i guess im just hoping battery tech evolves a little more during this models life span. i dont want to go turbine if u dont have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
I'm not too surprised about the weight, I'm working on a 1/5 F-5 and my target is 44-45lbs RTF, with two SM110mm fans to power it, plan is 13-14kW total input power. So these much larger planes should be very nice to fly at the same weight, as long as they have enough power that is.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:51 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,444 Posts
I know what you mean, I'm looking at carrying 13lbs of batteries in my F-5 to get the desired performance and duration so any advances in battey technology will be good.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:03 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
I bet yours will be faster than mine Brent. With your ducting it should move out pretty nice. Mine with just a divider between the fans and cheater holes is doing 135mph.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:12 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,337 Posts
Has anyoone heard of these "New" carbon nano batteries? Supposedly very light weight and high power....
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:06 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Just hangin' out today touching up the Talon. A little paint here, another little detail peice there.. you know the drill.

I was humming the song from the Wizard of Oz when the Lion, Scare crow, Tin man and Dorothy are about to see the wizard and were getting all fixed up ..A touch.. up... here ...and... touch... up... there ..and ..a ...la ...de ..da
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:30 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Back when the gear door blew off on the second flight I had to make a new door a few months ago. I ordered the replacment U.S. decal from Callie and that came in so I put that on today and added a thin black stripe on the leading edge of the wing.
Last edited by falcon5; Oct 01, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:57 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Man Andy you did such a fantastic job on that plane!! So what's the next project and I'll take it will start right after you get back from Vegas? w
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:08 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Thanks Walt,

Not sure what the next build will be. I did make a new rule though, I have to give up a plane before I can start a new one. Man I have to start thinning the fleet a little ...no more room

The next build short list in no particular order:

Rare Bear
F-15
AV8 Harrier( I have an awesome idea for a full hover/ forward flight set up)
A top of line long range FPV platform
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:10 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,502 Posts
saw C/N 's decals from callie and man when i saw the string of X's that go on the top of the tail these are big cant wait to see it !only a few more days
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:33 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Just hangin' out today touching up the Talon. A little paint here, another little detail peice there.. you know the drill.

I was humming the song from the Wizard of Oz when the Lion, Scare crow, Tin man and Dorothy are about to see the wizard and were getting all fixed up ..A touch.. up... here ...and... touch... up... there ..and ..a ...la ...de ..da
Is it wrong of me to want to make sweet love to that pretty little Talon?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:37 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,337 Posts
Did you ever close up the cheater holes?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:46 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,519 Posts
PAINT IS ON! for the most part, it looks pretty good. the paint covered really well. it was thick, my first time using it, so i ended up with a couple runs/sags. im debating on wet sanding it and polishing, or just leaving as is. lol. man, im glad thats over with!!!!!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:14 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Thanks Walt,

Not sure what the next build will be. I did make a new rule though, I have to give up a plane before I can start a new one. Man I have to start thinning the fleet a little ...no more room

The next build short list in no particular order:

Rare Bear
F-15
AV8 Harrier( I have an awesome idea for a full hover/ forward flight set up)
A top of line long range FPV platform
Then definitely the harrier. But this time, don't make it as small as the T38. Go for a 1:1 scale...
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:27 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
PAINT IS ON! for the most part, it looks pretty good. the paint covered really well. it was thick, my first time using it, so i ended up with a couple runs/sags. im debating on wet sanding it and polishing, or just leaving as is. lol. man, im glad thats over with!!!!!
good news ....it may have reqiured a bit of thinner ..and a tack coat,but just let it dry and sand it out later...get going on the servos /fans
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:27 PM
2014 EDF JET JAM We be Jamming
St. Louis Intl, Missouri, United States
Joined Jan 1997
6,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
Are we gonna have to wait until LV for pics CN?
Kevin Cox is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Cox