HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:32 PM
Joined May 2004
29 Posts
Help!
Thermik XXXL question

Hi there!

I would like to know some information about the Valenta Thermik XXXL (the 5 meter model).

I am looking for something big (5 meter wingspan) but very strong. Suitable for hard flying. Not for DS, though.

I like the Thermik XXXl very much, but I have seen videos in which the model flutters at high speeds. That has prevented me from buying this model. Besides, I do have a Valenta Thermik XL (4 meter, not the carbon version, though) an it flutters badly when moderately accelerated.

The Thermik XXXL wing is made of carbon, and the model has a reputation of being very strong and heavy. I really do not care about weight in this case, but I do care about strength. Has anybody had flutter issues with the Thermik XXXL at high speeds (say 300 meters dive and then pull up against the wind)? I want to use the model for hard slope flying. I can use top servos and good linkages, but if the model is not sturdy enough for withstanding high speeds, then it is not what I am looking for.

I do have other gliders such as the Shark XL, which is very strong... and probably suitable for the kind of flying I am looking for.... But I want to know if the Thermik XXXL would also be suitable.

Thanks!!!

CPatrickson
cpatrickson is online now Find More Posts by cpatrickson
to remove ads between posts