HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2014, 02:28 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqm View Post
SloperJoe, just want to thank you again for the plans. Your A-6 is next!
you are most welcome, glad you like them!
your F-4 came out pretty good, I put out plans for a 16" version awhile back that uses the stock SkyAngel 35mm fan unit on 3s that flies real good, a build thread should be on this forum somewhere

Joe
sloperjoe is offline Find More Posts by sloperjoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2014, 01:53 PM
Calgary Alberta
Joined Apr 2004
166 Posts
Ksqm - rebuilt yet?

I'm going to start building next week as my habu met an unfortunate end yesterday (pylon racing... Light poles, got a little too close to the middle pole... Oops!) Mechanics all still work, but it'll be cheaper to replace rather than rebuild. Might have to order some 3s babbels to go with
AndyCold is offline Find More Posts by AndyCold
Old Jun 14, 2014, 06:52 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,289 Posts
Sorry, haven't had a chance to rebuild the fuse, yet. But I think I'll be able to get to it this coming week. There is room for twin 25mm EDFs. Hint Hint!!! More to come.

Ksqm
ksqm is online now Find More Posts by ksqm
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:54 PM
Calgary Alberta
Joined Apr 2004
166 Posts
Lol - don't start me on that path Damnit

But 14" WS and habu gear with more battery does sound fun... Currently pondering a trip to dollar tree - have elmers - seem to recall there's a difference between elmers dollar store elmers Walmart and dtf - so having choices in remote locations - is good
AndyCold is offline Find More Posts by AndyCold
Old Aug 31, 2014, 06:09 PM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,289 Posts
Okay Gents, it's been a long minute without an update. Well, I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. I was able to burn thru two batts without testing the structural integrity of my Phantom. And it even glides darn good with no power. So, here's a vid. It goes out of focus some, but for me it is pure joy.

Anyone who's been waiting to see if this is a worth while project, give it a go. Keep in mind, the stab incident and cg are super critical. Especially in Micro size. Also, do the ducting before closing up the plane. It drove me crazy doing it after the fact. Gonna have some fun with this one, before doing a rebuild pimped out F-4 like SloperJoe. And a BIG Thanks for the plans. Been wanting a Phantom for a looooonnnnnggggg time.
Enjoy!

Micro F-4 Phantom, SloperJoe Style (2 min 34 sec)
Old Aug 31, 2014, 06:48 PM
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jan 2013
464 Posts
Wow, she flies nice

Looking forward to seeing her pimped up
meerkat13 is offline Find More Posts by meerkat13
Old Aug 31, 2014, 07:50 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,845 Posts
Great job!! ..And really quick and agile.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Sep 01, 2014, 12:44 AM
Hampton, VA
Joined Mar 2009
1,289 Posts
Thanks for dropping in guys! An unexpected surprise. I'm used to following one of you builds. Just trying to close the loop on the F-4. Don't like leaving folks wanting. Trying to catch up, got a bunch of other "unfinished" builds.

Hey AndyCold. Waitin to see your build!

Ksqm