SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2004, 06:30 AM
My other TX is a P4000.
USA, VA, Raphine
Joined Sep 2002
2,254 Posts
Alert
Multiplex EVO ---- FAQ

It took some doing, but it's finally in the initial stages. I say this because I need assistance from other EVO pilots in order to add information into several chapters.

Here's the link to the PDF.

http://www.rc-soar.com/multiplex/mpxevo/faq_1_0.pdf

Thanks to Mike Shellim for kindly offering to host the EVO FAQ.

Please send any feedback to me here at RCGroups.com through the PM utility.

Fly Multiplex!

Joedy Drulia
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
America
Joedy is offline Find More Posts by Joedy
Last edited by Joedy; Dec 07, 2004 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Address of EVO FAQ has been modified.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2006, 12:13 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Feb 2006
39 Posts
Joedy:

I just registered to this group, and I'm not sure how best to navigate to find the answere to my question: How does the evo 9 stack up against the JR 9 channel? My Aiortronics RD 6000 just died, I'm a sailplane junkie, and I need a new radio for full-house ships without spending 1000.00! I have got glimpses that the Evo has limitations not originally seen by MPX's marketing. How versitile/good a radio is it?
Kelly
beerfly is online now Find More Posts by beerfly
Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:32 PM
Macon, Georgia, United States
Joined May 2004
16 Posts
Beerfly;
I gave up my RD 600 about a year ago, I also fly sailplanes and hot liners. Never have used the JR 9 channel but I don't see a contest. The Evo 9 will do all you need and operate your airtronics, JR or any other standard receivers. I,m sure it has limitations I have not found them for my needs. Changing from the airtronics to the evo will take some reading and understanding.
dyno is offline Find More Posts by dyno
Old Apr 24, 2006, 02:28 AM
Alexandria, VA
Joined Mar 2006
983 Posts
I have the Evo 9 and I'm sure it works great for gliders, etc it's no good for helis. If you're thinking about using it for micro helis (T-rex) forget it. I've had so many glitches that have launched it in the ground I'm using my buddies Futaba 9z now. No issues.

I've seen others use it in larger e-helis 30 size or larger but I don't want to stick a PPM receiver in my $2000 heli and watch it go down b/c of the Tx & Rx.
Bunyan is offline Find More Posts by Bunyan
Old May 16, 2006, 04:11 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Can the language be changed?

I've ordered an EVO 9 and a Cockpit SX for my Dad and brother from Germany since the prices are much lower than Ireland or UK. I forgot to specify that I needed them both in English language rather than German. Is the language a selectable option that can simply be switched from one language to another on the EVO or would the TX need to be returned and changed for an English language model?

Also if anyone knows the situation with the Cockpit SX that information would also be appreciated!

thanks,

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old May 16, 2006, 04:17 PM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
Language should be user selectable for both.
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old May 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Ah good. That's a relief!

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:04 PM
Blackpool, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
1,342 Posts
Just taken delivery of an Evo 9 Tx.

As far as I can see, the renowned assignability does not extend to crossed trims.

Is there any way to obtain crossed trims?

I'm tempted to lift the main board, to see if the L & R switches can be interchanged.
peterangus is offline Find More Posts by peterangus
Last edited by peterangus; Sep 18, 2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:07 AM
Germany, 51647 Gummersbach
Joined Feb 2004
19 Posts
Hello at all,

one year later - but we finish. The EVO tutorial - german translation - 2nd part is finished.

What's the 2nd part: It's the Heli-part. I think we send the translation in the beginning of week 5 to Multiplex.

So long,

Frank and Karl
eisi is offline Find More Posts by eisi
Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
Joined Nov 2006
3 Posts
Does anyone know the max amps the 12 channel receiver can handle?

Thank You.
Never_ARFed is offline Find More Posts by Never_ARFed
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'm a feather on the wind
Orange County CA
Joined Apr 2003
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyan
I have the Evo 9 and I'm sure it works great for gliders, etc it's no good for helis. If you're thinking about using it for micro helis (T-rex) forget it. I've had so many glitches that have launched it in the ground I'm using my buddies Futaba 9z now. No issues.

I've seen others use it in larger e-helis 30 size or larger but I don't want to stick a PPM receiver in my $2000 heli and watch it go down b/c of the Tx & Rx.
I've been using my Evo 9 for my helis for quite some time with out any problems what so ever.

I've heard of other guys experiencing glitching with their T-Rex's and using a PCM or 2.4 GHz system to mask the glitching. Although you don't see it the cause is still there. I decided to just to build it correctly by seperating the high current electronics from the RX, servos & antenna and install a ferrite torrid; but hey, what ever works for you

Dave
CyberPilot is offline Find More Posts by CyberPilot
Old Mar 09, 2007, 07:25 PM
MaxiR, Sniper
Lansdale, PA, USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,151 Posts
I see mention of a Evo Tutorial part 2, about helis? Where can this be found? Thanks!
Cobra is offline Find More Posts by Cobra
Old Mar 09, 2007, 08:53 PM
Joined Feb 2004
19 Posts
Hello and "Tach auch",

sorry, it's only important for the german users, because we (karl and I) have translated the complete tutorial from Joedy into german language. For all the other users in english language they have only one tutorial.

Thanks and all the best,

Frank
Old Mar 09, 2007, 09:07 PM
MaxiR, Sniper
Lansdale, PA, USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,151 Posts
Evo Tutorial

Ok, thanks Frank. Does the German version include heli sections? I don't see any heli info in the English Evo tutorials.

edit:
Haha, oops. The version at multiplex (pdf) includes the heli info.
Cobra is offline Find More Posts by Cobra
Last edited by Cobra; Mar 09, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 03:01 AM
Joined Feb 2004
19 Posts
Hello,

you must have a look for the original tutorial from joedy. At this moment, sorry, I don't know the adress. Ask Joedy directly, please.

The original version is with the heli-part.

I have found it. Have a look here: http://www.multiplexusa.com/Radios/S...20Tutorial.pdf

It's the complete version.

Have a nice day,

Frank