HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 04:20 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,325 Posts
I love my Flip Pro FPV frame, it flies great and is super tuff.

How to land, badly! • FPV 21.07.2014 (1 min 58 sec)
Titus Gordon is offline Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:18 PM
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2006
242 Posts
Just purchased a set of the XL arms for my flip fpv, any one have any experience with them?
Loupy31 is online now Find More Posts by Loupy31
Old Nov 25, 2014, 09:58 AM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,337 Posts
I have had a set since last spring; no problems. Although, my set were prototypes and I can only run 12" props; I understand the new XLs fit 13" props. Enjoy the longer light times.
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Old Nov 26, 2014, 09:29 AM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
497 Posts
I've been trying to think of a really good way to mount my Mobius to the front of my Flip frame. After emailing Hoverthings to inquire about buying a G-10 frame blank or just some G-10 scraps to cut my own piece to extend the middle plate, they suggested I just use another bottom plate in place of the middle frame. Ha!!, problem solved and placed an order for a couple of their blemished frames. Sometimes I way over think stuff hahahahaha.

Thank you guys at Hoverthings, and have a Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season to all the Hoverthings frame owners. Still one of the best frames out there!!

Tom
Tom T is online now Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Nov 26, 2014, 09:34 AM
Rchelistuff
Romania, AR, Arad
Joined Nov 2012
620 Posts
+1 to that
cofl10011 is online now Find More Posts by cofl10011
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:44 PM
Waterville, Maine
Joined Oct 2006
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupy31 View Post
Just purchased a set of the XL arms for my flip fpv, any one have any experience with them?
I have them on mine. I love them. You just need to adjust your gains to keep the vibrations down.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2281209
KillerOfDolts is offline Find More Posts by KillerOfDolts
Old Dec 07, 2014, 05:29 PM
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2006
242 Posts
Hi. Guys,
I am currently using Sunnysky 2212 980kv motors with 10 x 3.8 props, 3cell packs,
the all up weight with all my gear is 1.6 kg, I am looking to go to bigger motors/props, is there any recommendations , My 3c batts are 3.3 ah and 4.5 ah.

Peter
Loupy31 is online now Find More Posts by Loupy31
Old Dec 08, 2014, 02:15 AM
FPV enthousiast
Belgium, Flanders, Beveren
Joined Jul 2013
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupy31 View Post
Hi. Guys,
I am currently using Sunnysky 2212 980kv motors with 10 x 3.8 props, 3cell packs,
the all up weight with all my gear is 1.6 kg, I am looking to go to bigger motors/props, is there any recommendations , My 3c batts are 3.3 ah and 4.5 ah.

Peter
Why not upgrade to 4S lipo's?
That will give you a descent powerboost with the same setup.
You'll have to check your power supply to your FPV gear etc. if you have that installed.
Also check if your ESC's can handle 4S, but I think most do.
JaZzMaN251 is online now Find More Posts by JaZzMaN251
Old Dec 08, 2014, 08:50 AM
Joined Jul 2014
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZzMaN251 View Post
You'll have to check your power supply to your FPV gear etc. if you have that installed.
I have the Pro flip frame and built it with 4s in mind. I am using those same motors and run 9 inch props. Plenty of power for me. So +1 to going 4 s.
jhan1 is offline Find More Posts by jhan1
Old Dec 08, 2014, 10:29 AM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
497 Posts

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2359
Tom T is online now Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Dec 08, 2014, 09:56 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZzMaN251 View Post
I wouldn't recommend using the ESC BEC on anything more than 3S UNLESS it is a Switch Mode BEC (if it doesn't say Switch Mode it probably isn't). If they are Switch Mode, then you should only use one to power the system and disable the BEC in the others (pulling the red wire from the servo plug).

Most ESCs have linear BECs. These dump the extra voltage in the form of heat. To much heat and it goes into a thermal shut down. Thermal shut down means no power to the rest of the system and the need for a plastic bag to put the pieces of your 'once flying frame' in.

I always use an external switch mode BEC on any system using more than 3S.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2014, 04:54 AM
FPV enthousiast
Belgium, Flanders, Beveren
Joined Jul 2013
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I wouldn't recommend using the ESC BEC on anything more than 3S UNLESS it is a Switch Mode BEC (if it doesn't say Switch Mode it probably isn't). If they are Switch Mode, then you should only use one to power the system and disable the BEC in the others (pulling the red wire from the servo plug).

Most ESCs have linear BECs. These dump the extra voltage in the form of heat. To much heat and it goes into a thermal shut down. Thermal shut down means no power to the rest of the system and the need for a plastic bag to put the pieces of your 'once flying frame' in.

I always use an external switch mode BEC on any system using more than 3S.
Oh, never had a problem with this on my Mini quads. (not saying you are wrong, though )
All indeed have linear BECs and run just fine on 4S.

I have two setups for getting 12V:

- Use a fifth motor output on the Naze32 through a polulu 5V->12V

- Use a 12V Ubec connected to my PDB (lipo voltage) -> 12V

My Flip FPV had a seperate BEC for 5V and 12V.
I think the best you can do, is check your gear and look for people who have similar setups.
If you use setups that have proven to be good, you're in no trouble
JaZzMaN251 is online now Find More Posts by JaZzMaN251