HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,766 Posts
How NOT to hand launch a 550g P-51 800mm with 3S 1600mAh 20C !!!

This was actually 2 weeks before the prior posted video.... LAZY !!! OUCH !!!

P-51 Mustang - 800mm 3S 1600mAH - Bad hand launch!! (0 min 26 sec)
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined May 2007
187 Posts
I've seen and done worse, maybe not enough throttle? Are you mode 1 or 2?
uuc328 is online now Find More Posts by uuc328
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Joined Nov 2014
99 Posts
Just maidened the P 51 today and it was kind of twitchy. Any advice? I was easily able to keep it in the air but it was just sort of bouncy. What kind of issues will a plane have if it is a CG issue?
ApexpretadorGT is online now Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
It's only money & foam...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jun 2012
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT View Post
Just maidened the P 51 today and it was kind of twitchy. Any advice? I was easily able to keep it in the air but it was just sort of bouncy. What kind of issues will a plane have if it is a CG issue?
Did you set up any D/R & Expo? These 800mm birds NEED expo.
P40flyer is offline Find More Posts by P40flyer
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Joined Nov 2014
99 Posts
Honestly dude I don't know how to do any of that. All my other planes have flown pretty good without doing anything. How do I even begin to adjust that?
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
It's only money & foam...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jun 2012
1,149 Posts
You need transmitter that is capable of what I just metioned. Don't know what transmitter your using but, at the very least, you'll need a DX6i to have the capability.
P40flyer is offline Find More Posts by P40flyer
Last edited by P40flyer; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Joined Nov 2014
99 Posts
I have a dx5e.
Old Today, 12:36 AM
Joined Nov 2014
99 Posts
I added a AA battery to the compartment under the motor should that help the plane fly better? It's a V2
Old Today, 01:44 AM
Wingman
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Aug 2013
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT View Post
I added a AA battery to the compartment under the motor should that help the plane fly better? It's a V2
I have a v2 P-51D and i needed a half ounce of weight added. There are gas caps molded into the wing, balance in the center of the caps and move back as needed. If you go too nose heavy you will have prop strikes on takeoff and nose-over landings so be ready on the elevator to plant the tail.

Rates and Expo would help tame the plane down, but it is quite flyable without it.
WarlordATF is offline Find More Posts by WarlordATF
Old Today, 02:03 AM
Joined Nov 2014
99 Posts
The red decal gas caps? Those are way in the middle of the wing seems almost impossible to balance there. Do you mean the black decals that say "ground here" they are just forward of the first seam on the wing. That spot seems much more reasonable and actually my plane centers perfectly on there with an FMS 2s lipo battery with and without landing gear. I think maybe my throws may have been to aggressive.

I think tomorrow I will fly the plane on low rates and see how I like it. Hopefully there is little to no wind tomorrow
Old Today, 07:16 AM
Wingman
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Aug 2013
275 Posts
Yes, the black decals are a good spot for cg.
WarlordATF is offline Find More Posts by WarlordATF
Old Today, 02:18 PM
Joined Nov 2014
99 Posts
Took the plane out again, this time the wind wasn't as strong and I was a lot more gentle and coaxing with my maneuvers and man she flew GREAT!!! I think the as3x in my micro P 51 And the larger size of the TH P 51 spoiled me a little bit as I never felt like I was going to lose control of the plane. The FMS plane requires a little more attention to your input but other than that man I love this plane. She looks great in the air and on the ground