HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:27 AM
United States, CA, La Mesa
Joined Dec 2012
163 Posts
I believe that battery channel is only for binding the receiver to the radio and that's about it, so you don't need it at all once the bind process has been completed
miniquad22 is offline Find More Posts by miniquad22
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:31 AM
Joined Mar 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniquad22 View Post
I believe that battery channel is only for binding the receiver to the radio and that's about it, so you don't need it at all once the bind process has been completed
Ok cool, thank you.
Salty2 is offline Find More Posts by Salty2
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2013
11 Posts
So Ive tried everything I could think of...centering the board, making sure its firm on the frame. Reversing gyros,updating to a different firmware..and the same thing happens. It always flips forward. I removed the props and put the motors at1/4 throttle and raised the elevator up and down and i can't seem to hear or see any difference in the rear motors speed. I'm beginning to think my board is defective. I also plugged in a servo to each channel on my receiver to confirm they are all working, and they are. So I guess the only thing I can do is buy a new board....any recommendations? I'm kind of scared to buy another KK brand now.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
You should record a video of the problem and post it here.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,576 Posts
If you are going to buy another controller board buy a multiwii crius....The components on that KK board are outdated....It has piezo gyros that can be effected by heat...Mems gyros are so cheap now that they are on almost any up to date controller board..
skizziks is online now Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:01 PM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glenrothes
Joined Mar 2013
333 Posts
Can you post a picture of the quad with props fitted please?

You could also double check (or triple check) all connections/solder points. I've seen wacky stuff happen with quads with a loose ESC wire.
MOFO64 is offline Find More Posts by MOFO64
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:04 PM
Joined Mar 2013
11 Posts

So I got it to finally work...sort of. I found a video on youtube for my pos Flysky radio...and I needed to up "endpoint" settings inorder to arm it correcting...apparently i wasn't full arming the board this whole time Anyway now it seems the controls are off...When I elevate up the bottom left motor speeds up..but not the right one. And when I elevate down the top left speeds up but not the top right.. When I aileron left the the top right motor speeds up and when left the bottom right motor speeds up. I'm sure something is just backwards..

Whats strange is it seems to be working like + configuration..if I turn it on 1/4 throttle and tilt it forward and back, side to side and hold it at + it seems to be correct..at least for the gyros

EDIT: Also I changed the firmware to Quadcontroller 4_5
Last edited by Salty2; Mar 19, 2013 at 03:02 PM.