HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:38 AM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,189 Posts
My commitments are firming up finally and I can chip in to help Sat or Sun, if you need it.
Cory
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:07 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
1,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsha99 View Post
My commitments are firming up finally and I can chip in to help Sat or Sun, if you need it.
Cory
Cory,

Thank you so much for offering your help. We will start racing on Friday and we hope to finish up by Saturday afternoon. We are planning on flying 20 rounds, or close to it. Assuming we get good conditions. Sunday is our back up day in case the conditions are not good on Friday.

If everyone shows up on Saturday to volunteer we will be in good shape with even some relief helpers. Sat. we have the most helpers but I know things come up and possibly we may have a couple guys not able to attend.

IF we fly on Sunday, that is the day we will need help the most. We just won't know if we are flying Sunday until Sat. afternoon.

Thank you for offering to help. If you like please come out Saturday to hang out and watch some seriously fast pilots. Depending on how many volunteers we get Sat. we could possibly put you to work. If you just come out for Sunday you could be the only one there:-)

Dave
David Olson is offline Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:57 PM
Freund
United States, CA, Moorpark
Joined Apr 2012
94 Posts
The F(3F) Team

Very interesting event these Team Selects.
This one was clearly a Problem Child.

It was an honor to work with individuals as dedicated and talented as
David Olson and
Bill DelHagen.

They are the A team and I would be happy to support these guys
anytime (next year)!
The rest of the support team were so modest that I barely met them.
Maybe next time?
Great team when you don't notice them doing long/hard/hot work!
There was not a re-flight because of worker slip up that I saw in 20 rounds.

I hope the AMA takes notice of this effort.
Thanks Guys
ArfcDave is offline Find More Posts by ArfcDave
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,811 Posts
Totally agreed, Dave. My thanks to the group. you have my #, call me, we fly.

WD
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:26 AM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,076 Posts
Thanks guys for coming out to help.

I can't believe we did 15 rounds in 6 hours. That's like 2.5 rounds an hour, or 1 round every 24 minutes...WOW!

And that's all because of you guys, led by your fearless leader Dave Olson and Benevolent dictator Bill

Like WD said, if you are ever in need of ANY help flying, you contact us, and we are there for you...

Tim
ttraver is online now Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:47 AM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
1,563 Posts
A Big Thank You to the TS Volunteer Group:

I want to personally thank the following volunteers that gave up their time to help put on the Team Selects.

On Friday:

1. David Freund - Flight Line Judge
2. Jim Lueken - Base B Judge
3. Steve Elias - Base A Judge
4. Mo Culverwell - Safety Judge
5. Bill DelHagen - CD
6. Dan Field - Sign up
7. Dave Olson - Live Scoring.
8. Brandon Monte/David Cortina - Course Setup

We ended up with just enough volunteers to fill all 7 positions on Friday.

I wanted to also thank Brandon Monte and David Cortina for stepping up and helping out with the course set up on Friday. Great job guys. Brandon also helped me with getting raffle prizes for the Volunteer Raffle and personally donated 2 servos and 2 mag switches out of his own pocket.

Thank you all so much for your support!!! Friday was a very long day, 100+ degrees F. Steve Elias could not find level ground for his chair out at Base A so sat on a rock all day. I didn't hear a complaint out of anyone all day, you guys are totally hard core and are very dedicated. I guess there is no whining in F3F but you sure would have good reason to on Friday.

David Freund did such a great job on getting the pilots organized and ready. He sounded very professional on the PA system as well.

Mo and Jim were flawless all day. Dan Field was very instrumental in helping with sign ups on Friday.

All the volunteers on Friday did their job all day with no relief. Above and beyond the call of duty guys.

------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday:

1. David Freund - Flight Line Judge
2. Don Scegiel - Base B Judge
3. David Klein - Base A Judge
4. Brian Field - Base A Relief Judge
5. Mo Culverwell - Safety Judge
6. Steve Elias - Relied Judge
7. Bill DelHagen - CD
8. Dave Olson - Live Scoring.

Saturday was a shorter day and was nice since we had "relief" judges.

Gentlemen, you all have my respect and appreciation for making this Team Select possible. Everyone performed very professionally and you all are the reason the TS went off so smoothly. You should should all take a collective bow for a job very well done!

Don Sciegel and David Klein are leaving for the F3B Worlds in Germany on the 27th and they both sacrificed a day of practice to come out and help the F3F community. Guys, please remember this if the F3B community ever asks for some "cross discipline" help from.

Don and David came from San Diego, I think it is about ~5 hours of driving to get to Vincent for them.

Mo and Steve drove 860 miles round trip just to help out, that is ~14 hours of driving.

Bill, Jim, David and Brian all drove at least ~3 hours, again, just to help out and not fly.

We are very lucky to have such dedicated, fellow pilots, willing to help out.

The things already mentioned about Bill DelHagen I would whole heartily agree with. He is so good at communicating what he expects and is very through. I know he worked very hard at studying both the AMA Blue Book and the FAI Book. He conducted one of the best pilot meetings I have attended. Bill obviously was a major reason why things went off so smoothly. Who knew he is so funny as well? (Mo's center of gravity joke and if you are cheerleading then you should be wearing a skirt were my two favorites.)

I just can't communicate enough to you all how pleased I am with how the TS turned out, thanks to all of you!!!

You all should be very proud of putting on such a very professionally run event.

Dave
David Olson is offline Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by David Olson; Jul 15, 2013 at 06:58 AM.