HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
410 Posts
Honestly, I kind of like the lower grade stuff. It is structurally identical, and I don't mind the appearance. It looks better than the alternative (pink Owens Corning from Home Depot) and cheaper too ( for C Grade). I know it was a process flaw, and you guys are probably selling it at cost. I just think it would be nice to have a lower cost option as part of the ongoing product offering.
I'm sure it's not feasible though. You are not going to be able to talk Adams into intentionally manufacturing lower quality foam and selling it to you at half price.

It's too bad I still have 2/3 of a case of B grade and half a bundle of pink. She Who Must Be Obeyed won't let me get any more while I have that much on hand already. Maybe I can talk Mike into holding a case of C for me for 10 months until I need it. ;-)
XDmToter is offline Find More Posts by XDmToter
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:31 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,575 Posts
Well, we'll have it as a part of the "ongoing product offering" for some time, based on how much we got, and how fast it is selling. I'm gratified that there are others like you, Kieth, who find it fine to work with and are buying it, as I didn't really want to insulate the barn with it if no one bought any!

As I have said, and hopefully demonstrated on the Spitfire, it builds just fine, and if you aren't concerned about finish, or are going to sand curves and/or cover it with something no one will ever know the difference.
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member