SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2014, 02:06 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellwinkle View Post
That looks good Ltomi78. When you say 400 to 250 sized quad, what does that mean? What size is my DJI Phantom and will your gimbal mount to it?
A Phantom is a 350 class copter (~ 350mm motor center to center diagonally) and yes, his mount will work on a Phantom.
Dave Pitman is offline Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2014, 02:07 PM
Magyarország, Pest, Budaörs
Joined May 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
That looks good Ltomi78. When you say 400 to 250 sized quad, what does that mean? What size is my DJI Phantom and will your gimbal mount to it?
As i know phantom is 330 size....sizes for frame diameter between motor to motor like Dji F450

Yes our gimbal is compatible with all phantom ..if you read back my posts you can see the development phases. I made this gimbal to give small and medium size quads longer flight time by reducing the gimbal weight drastically. As cnc gimbals are between 170 -210g. We provide it about 85g Rtf
Ltomi78 is online now Find More Posts by Ltomi78
Old Dec 12, 2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.fpvportugal.com
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
4,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltomi78 View Post
As i know phantom is 330 size....sizes for frame diameter between motor to motor like Dji F450

Yes our gimbal is compatible with all phantom ..if you read back my posts you can see the development phases. I made this gimbal to give small and medium size quads longer flight time by reducing the gimbal weight drastically. As cnc gimbals are between 170 -210g. We provide it about 85g Rtf
Phantom is 350 size, otherwise the 9" props would not fit.
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Dec 14, 2014, 07:18 PM
NE Texas, USA
Joined Jan 2011
322 Posts
Hello, gimbal newb here... Quik q for you guys.. The designs I have seen for most of the Mobius gimbals appear to be mounted from the bottom base of a quad or similar. However, I would like to put one one on my Bixler and Skywalker in the canopy area. Is it just software which tells the unit which way is up or do the gyros etc, need to be flipped around ?
Also, would it be possible to integrate the JooVuu waterproof case currently being sold or would the balance be adversely affected with the addition of the added weight..?

thanks much..
P
Patchitagain is offline Find More Posts by Patchitagain
Last edited by Patchitagain; Dec 14, 2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:54 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Mobius Action Cam Gimbals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchitagain View Post
Hello, gimbal newb here... Quik q for you guys.. The designs I have seen for most of the Mobius gimbals appear to be mounted from the bottom base of a quad or similar. However, I would like to put one one on my Bixler and Skywalker in the canopy area. Is it just software which tells the unit which way is up or do the gyros etc, need to be flipped around ?

Also, would it be possible to integrate the JooVuu waterproof case currently being sold or would the balance be adversely affected with the addition of the added weight..?

thanks much..

P

You might would be more interested in what's known as a forward or front mount gimbal for the setup you are after. A page or two back Ltomi78 posted the renderings of a front mount design they plan to sell.

As for the waterproof case it would definitely throw things off. However if you can get it to mount within the case. Then as long as you can make adjustment to your gains in the software you should be able to dial it in to the extra weight of the case so long as your motors can handle the extra weight.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Last edited by jlcamp7; Dec 14, 2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:21 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2009
166 Posts
just thought i would share. its not perfect but getting there

vector (4 min 3 sec)
custards1 is online now Find More Posts by custards1
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Joined Nov 2014
5 Posts
Ltomi78, will I be able to tilt the camera remotely with the gimbal you are working on. If so, how would this connect to say the Phantom control?
buellwinkle is offline Find More Posts by buellwinkle
Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2013
621 Posts
Quote:
Ltomi78, will I be able to tilt the camera remotely with the gimbal you are working on. If so, how would this connect to say the Phantom control?
Pretty much every gimbal accepts standard PWM servo inputs from a radio receiver. a 2 axis gimbal like this one, has one input for tilt, one for roll (roll is rarely useful, would be better to connect to yaw in a 3 axis gimbal, to pan the camera independently)

Not sure what outputs the Phantom radio or controller have... it look like the Naza controller has a gimbal out signal... This is more a question for a Phantom forum ("how to connect a third party brushless gimbal to a Phantom") than a gimbal question, though
robca is online now Find More Posts by robca
Old Today, 01:34 AM
Magyarország, Pest, Budaörs
Joined May 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
Yes...it works as in case other gimbals..you need to connect only the F2 port of Naza controller to the gimbal pitch controller rc in port to the signal and GND pins. Than you can adjust by the phantom transmitter with tilt potentiometer on the back
Ltomi78 is online now Find More Posts by Ltomi78