HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2014, 12:34 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,444 Posts
2centsworth is spot on about very low QC on V262 motors. Also its a toy. I bought V262 to fly with my Walkera Hoten-X bl. V262 has been down more than all my stuff put together close to flying three years. V262 does fly but you never know when you will lose a motor.
My Hoten-X is two years old and countless flights. Still flys as good as ever. Just installed a new battery and good to go. Now I did not expect V262 to be a Hoten-X, but sure didn't expect such low QC motors either.
I get motors from Bang good. Cheap but order a bunch. I have one more new motor. After this is installed V262 is going to meet 12 Ga. Magnum double OO buck shot. Maybe lift up Syma X-1 doa after 30 flights, plug them both. V929's have held up great. V911's same. V915 not bad at all for fun flyer. V262 sad to say motors are big divot/ plus protocol. Gave away V939 as it would not hover hardly at all. flew fine if you move around, not good for small area. Lets just say V262 is going to out with a big Bang !!
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2014, 02:10 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2005
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
with my Walkera Hoten-X bl. My Hoten-X is two years old and countless flights. Still flys as good as ever.
Know where I can get one (or a similar one)? A small brushless quad (around $100-$150) would be great.
Tesla1856 is online now Find More Posts by Tesla1856
Old Dec 09, 2014, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2005
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCalamity View Post
Yes all motors are the same.

I am replacing one motor on average about every 10 flights(which means each motor last on average 40 flights), and motors cost 3.52$ each on BG when ordering 3 at a time, so for me it is 3.52$ for 10 flights which is not so bad.

I keep my flights short, around 4 minutes, never more than 5 minutes, and always cool down between flights. I also removed the foam and the motor covers, and replaced the bushings with bearings. I fly it with a mobius camera.
Not sure how to know which ONE to replace if they are still turning. I figured I would have to replace the whole set at once.

http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V262-...6-p-84305.html

USA Warehouse is $5.57 each for less than 10. Four motors would be $22.

Interestingly, it tags then CW and CCW, but the SKU is the same so that means nothing, right?
Old Dec 09, 2014, 03:37 PM
Si a peut chier, a va chier
Joined Apr 2014
142 Posts
Not sure why they list CW and CCW, they are the same.

Its easy to check which motor need replacing. Hold the quad in your hand and give a little throttle, then tilt each motor down one by one. The one that give a lot less thrust (leveling force) when tilted down needs replacing.
CptCalamity is offline Find More Posts by CptCalamity
Old Dec 10, 2014, 03:05 AM
Joined Apr 2013
48 Posts
Motor replacement

Hi Tesla1856,

If you know to solder and don't mind to deal with it you can look at this link. You will discover how to replace your Wltoys v262 motors the cheapest way.

QUOTE=Tesla1856;30126439]Where is a reputable seller to get 4 exact replacement v262 motors from? I can solder, no problem. They come with the brass gears, right ? (so easy to install)

I had this link saved, but looks like he doesn't just stock just the motors any more.

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...ent-motor.html

USA seller would be best, but if I have to buy from BangGood (would be my first time) I suppose I can. Where are you USA guys getting your parts from?[/QUOTE]
zoomboom is offline Find More Posts by zoomboom
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:33 PM
Joined Aug 2005
787 Posts
Brush missing

All 4 motors seemed too weak all of a sudden (wouldn't lift copter off ground).

Removed circuit-board and it looks fine (no burned parts or traces).

I connected the weakest motor to the other part of ESC (for a different motor), and they are still weak (so, its not the board). Actually, the Forward-Port motor stopped turning completely.

Remove the Forward-Port motor (the weakest one). One brush is worn but ok, but the other one is ground-down and completely missing just a little part of the wiper arm is left.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
All 4 motors seemed too weak all of a sudden (wouldn't lift copter off ground).
That's how the V262 behaves if just one motor is bad: The auto-leveling system limits the power to the other motors to keep the quad from tilting.
RogerDH is offline Find More Posts by RogerDH
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM
Joined Sep 2014
6 Posts
v262 antijello mount for sj4000

Here is my new Sj4000 camera and v353 antijello mount attached to the v262 with twist-ties. I tried to keep construction very light because motors are so weak.

Landing skid with wooden sticks extended with plastic tubes. Dental yarn through the holes in the plastic tubes.

I have made some flights - camera and landing sticks have worked well, example video:

v262 with jello dampened sj4000 (2 min 14 sec)
262octa is offline Find More Posts by 262octa
Last edited by 262octa; Yesterday at 05:44 AM.
Old Today, 01:40 AM
Joined Aug 2005
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomboom View Post
Hi Tesla1856,

If you know to solder and don't mind to deal with it you can look at this link. You will discover how to replace your Wltoys v262 motors the cheapest way.
Nice blog. I posted over there.

I would likely do the extra work for a better motor but not the same "under-spec-ed" motor.
Old Today, 01:45 AM
Joined Aug 2005
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDH View Post
That's how the V262 behaves if just one motor is bad: The auto-leveling system limits the power to the other motors to keep the quad from tilting.
Thanks. Ya, that's what I just read somewhere else. What I can't figure out is how motherboard knows one is bad or weak.

That will be good if I can get flying again after replacing only one. However, we all know the other 3 are close behind. Plus, with shipping costs and the wait from over-seas ... it would be silly to order less than 4 motors anyway.