HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:40 PM
Joined Apr 2013
2 Posts
Question
How to attach to balloon envelope properly?

Hi. I'd like to design and build my own RC Airship (blimp). I'd like to buy a premade balloon envelope. I've found some possibilities ( eg http://www.microflight.com/Online-Ca...Tri-Turbofan_2 ), but, they all seem to require using adhesive (tape) to attach to.

This seems to me like a foolish design. First, when the balloon deflates, the adhesive will be problematic. Second, it makes it much harder to detach and reattach, for repairs and refinement - esp. if I'm designing the model, I want to experiment. Finally, most adhesives aren't very strong.

I haven't been able to find a balloon envelope with tie points - small material jutting out (like a fin) with a hole in it to tie to.

Can anyone recommend some good balloon envelopes? And give me some guidance on how to attach to them?

(BTW, my budget is $0-$100, and I'd like this for in-the-house small scale flying).
SRobertJames is offline Find More Posts by SRobertJames
to remove ads between posts