HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:12 AM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avexus View Post
Hi I am a total new at this. This is my first post
Just wondering if this quad copter would work with this receiver?
Would the quadcopter include wires/connector for the receiver?
Good Qs. Who knows? One would think that the ad should list 'what's in the box.'

The radio, did you read the review that says it comes with no manual? Doesn't appear to be a download either. The quad very specifically says: 'For professional use,without the manual or instruction.' Read: you're on your own now!!

You *LOCK* yourself into their proprietary Tx/Rx system.

I wouldn't buy anything from a Chinese company that can't bother to hire a native English speaker to write the text: "Chinese display,convenient way of designing to use and set up the meny more easier." ?????

The quad, they say straight up that it's a clone. Read: we can copy anything and make it cheaper, as long as you don't care that it's crappier.

I ran 'goodluckbuy' through a translator and it came back with 'you bought it, good luck, byebye.'

Does it work? Maybe. If not you get to ship it back to China for a month or so.

Bottom line is you pays your money and you takes your chances. I wouldn't fly that thing on a bet.

Used Spectrum DX6s are available for very inexpensive with their new models coming out. Find a good used know-working machine in the for sale areas. You'll spend the same, and get some -quality- hardware.

GL and welcome to your new hobby obsession.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2014, 03:28 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Jun 2014
14 Posts
Thank You so much for that! I'm new to all of this and I just learned so much. Very much appreciated!
actionj123 is offline Find More Posts by actionj123
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:22 AM
Joined Nov 2007
111 Posts
Hi guys

I need your advice,i am building my first quadcopter for aerial video. I want to use it with tarot 2d and a gopro hero 3 +
I decided to go with this frame and components:
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=41765
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=47790 or http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=46842
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=49603
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=50301
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=54626
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=38301
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...GPS_Combo.html
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I will use it with dragonlink v2 rx.
Please let me know if i need anything else,or if you have other recommendation (motors/esc)
xstranger is offline Find More Posts by xstranger
Old Jul 28, 2014, 06:47 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Hi guys, thanks a lot for this tutorial. I also am planning a build and would like some advice on my parts list. Motors enough power? Battery good? I also have aE-flite LP5DSM radio...would that be acceptable for this?

Thanks!!

Hobbes33 is offline Find More Posts by Hobbes33
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:57 AM
Nigeria
Joined Jul 2014
23 Posts
Great video, plss m new to quads and m having with controlling my motors, I av done the major connection from battery to ESC to kk.2.1.5 board anconnections to the receiver but my transmitter is not controlling the motor...pls help me out .. av also calibrated the ESC as instructed in the video but. Its not calibrating and not arming or disarming...pls wat can I do

heswaik is offline Find More Posts by heswaik
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:35 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heswaik View Post
Great video, plss m new to quads and m having with controlling my motors, I av done the major connection from battery to ESC to kk.2.1.5 board anconnections to the receiver but my transmitter is not controlling the motor...pls help me out .. av also calibrated the ESC as instructed in the video but. Its not calibrating and not arming or disarming...pls wat can I do

Just for completeness and safety, this is with the props off, correct? Probably is, I'm just a safety FREAK and have to ask. With props off put a piece of masking tape on each motor shaft to see the direction and speed more easily.

The motors definitely won't work right till they're properly calibrated. If you are trying only the 'all 4 at once' calibration, try unplugging all but one, and calibrating them individually. Sometimes different Rx/Tx combinations can react differently with different ESCs. Personally I never use the all-at-one because I simply don't trust it.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:18 PM
Nigeria
Joined Jul 2014
23 Posts
OK... Tanks but how will I calibrate it cos I tinks I was succeful using the ESC programmer I bought with it.... My ESC is Turnigy multistar 30 amps muiltirotor
Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:37 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heswaik View Post
OK... Tanks but how will I calibrate it cos I tinks I was succeful using the ESC programmer I bought with it.... My ESC is Turnigy multistar 30 amps muiltirotor
ESC programmer is used for -other- aspects, but not calibration.

Specifically, you need to read the docs for the ESC.

Generally, this is how it usually goes...

- Tx power on and leave it on.
- Battery unplugged from aircraft.
- Push the throttle all the way up.
- Plug in one ESC.
- Plug in the aircraft battery.
- Wait for some beeps. Again, see the docs for counts or whatever.
- Push the throttle all the way down.
- Wait for some beeps.
- Unplug aircraft battery.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Plug in aircraft battery.
- Try the throttle.
- If it works unplug that ESC and repeat one at a time for the other ESCs.
- If it doesn't work something was wrong with the timing of the throttle stick so try again.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 02:56 PM
Nigeria
Joined Jul 2014
23 Posts
OK tanks.... I did nd it worked but wen I did the cakibration again withe 3 ESC and motor... Itworked, mean all motor rotates at same time after pressing the 1st and last bottom down ... It rotates wen I pull back the throttle back it stops it self.... I tried pulling to the left to arm but no beep neither do the motors rotate thereafter
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:51 AM
Nigeria
Joined Jul 2014
23 Posts
Pls any one there to help?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 06:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Forest Row
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
need help please

HI there ,
I want to build my first quad copter I want it to be cheap and sturdy to learn on and have some fun with .
I do know what are the main components to be bought , however there are a million choices on the HK site . Does anybody have an idea of what to buy?
Or did someone build one recently and can send me their list of components?
Thanks in advance
Mik
Mikbaci is offline Find More Posts by Mikbaci
Old Sep 21, 2014, 07:22 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikbaci View Post
I want to build my first quad copter I want it to be cheap and sturdy to learn on and have some fun with .
Cheap, sturdy, fun. Pick any two.

Quote:
I do know what are the main components to be bought , however there are a million choices on the HK site .
The kits they design are built around sets of parts that are known to work together properly. Do a standard kit first till you find out how things work -specifically-, more than the generalisations you already know. Personally I use ecalc.ch to design anything, and there are plenty of other calculators that can do the job for you too.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 02:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Forest Row
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
Thanks for that Mate,

Got the kit on a wish list . :-)
Which kind of props do u normally use for quadcopters? I choose some 28/26 NTM with 3 mm shaft at 1100 kv it suggest a 9x6 or a 8x4 but on this site they just had 10x4.5 which loos good but not what they list as suggestions...
ahh wonders of the on line shopping...
mik
Mikbaci is offline Find More Posts by Mikbaci
Old Sep 22, 2014, 09:13 AM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikbaci View Post
Which kind of props do u normally use for quadcopters? I choose some 28/26 NTM with 3 mm shaft at 1100 kv it suggest a 9x6 or a 8x4 but on this site they just had 10x4.5 which loos good but not what they list as suggestions...
ahh wonders of the on line shopping...
mik
Those kinds of decisions are exactly what the calculators give you the hard numbers data about. 'Lift' and related to that 'performance' are a complex set of equations that relate weight, motor KV, battery V and C, and prop diameter and pitch. Again, for now take their design suggestions at face value. Whatever those recommendations are, you can plug them into the calculator and then find out what parts changes result in what numbers changes.

I'm not sure what you meant by '10x4.5 which loo[k]s good but not...' Do you mean in an intuitive/aesthetic/proportional sense? If yes, that means nothing. Only the -numbers- are -reality-.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:22 PM
United States, PA, Tarentum
Joined Jan 2012
1,248 Posts
I want to build a quad for next spring/summer. I'm afraid if I don't spend a lot of money or know how to tune the fc good that it won't fly like I want it to. I have a 200qx and an eye one xtreme. I like how the xtreme flies in sport mode with leveling. I like the flips and rolls the 200qx does in agility mode with no self leveling . they are about both equally fast providing the xtreme has the HQ props on. So I would like to build something that is maybe a little faster in a 250 size. can flip and roll nice but flies with agility with self leveling on. maybe a little easier to fly with no self leveling than the 200 is its very twitchy. Am I asking to much for a not really expensive build? Maybe I should just get an armattan cf258?
Timmyd463229 is offline Find More Posts by Timmyd463229