to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
Balsa Dust and CA Fumes
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Wing

Greg,
If you build the wing, let me know what changes you needed to make, to get the wing to work. I'll change them on the plans. Any suggestion you have please let me know here
Thanks
Dillion is offline Find More Posts by Dillion
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:08 PM
Balsa Dust and CA Fumes
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I had a great meal at my in-laws. Some good football.
Well back to this BEE. I covered the tail section and added exit ports for the pushy rods. I installed the push rod guide tubes. I finish covering the fuselage now.
Last edited by Dillion; Nov 24, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:23 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
615 Posts
Looking good and your right about good football on thursday "Hail To The Redskins"
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:21 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Football - is that where teams of 50-odd guys wear shoulder pads and throw their funny shaped balls around by hand between commercials?

Bee is looking great. Get on with you and get her out to fly. After building six of them, flying them strikes me as the only reason to have one!

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,171 Posts
push rod exits should help streamline the Bee a bit ;-)
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
Sometimes crossing the pushrods gives a more straight shot at the horns....
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
push rod exits should help streamline the Bee a bit ;-)
Mine's got a streamlined cowling. Does that help?

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:21 PM
Balsa Dust and CA Fumes
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Real Football

Dereck, Yes REAL Football, I was referring to. LOL

I have the push rods installed, but I'm going to look at crossing them to see if that in fact does give them a straighter line. I like the engine cover idea. I'll look into building one. Are you holding it down with earth magnets?

I had such a hard time with servos. I have a pair of Airtronic 94831 servos that I could not get to work. The plugs appear to be to big and if I did get them in a receiver they just didn't work. How could that be? Two that didn't work?. Are these special servos that require something beside 4.8v? Airtronics only sells the case and gears, not the servo. Should I just discard them?
Last edited by Dillion; Nov 27, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
Mine's got a streamlined cowling. Does that help?

D
That should give you a little more vertical surface for extended knife edge flight

[QUOTE=Dillion;23376979]...I have a pair of Airtronic 94831 servos that I could not get to work....[QUOTE]

Here are the specs on those servos: http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/airtronics/94831z

I have had good luck with these standard size servos for 40 class sport planes:

Towerpro SG5010 Standard Servo
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
Balsa Dust and CA Fumes
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Iindart

lindart, you where right on with crossing the push rod tubes. It did give it a straighter line. Thanks.

Mumble mumble. I had CA'ed the tubes in place and had to rip out the balsa I used to hold the tubes in place.

If I wanted to do this wrong I wouldn't of ask you guys for advice, Thanks to all of you again. I'm getting great suggestion from all of you, please speak up when you see a better way to do something. I think this plane is going to be perfect
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Feb 2010
2,171 Posts
I did pull pull with mine for some crazy reason I think it was b/c I didn't want to buy the pushrods or maybe to save weight.

Mark's Clancy Big Fokker Bee 57 inch - tail test (1 min 33 sec)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:05 AM
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
Dillion, you may wish to compare the wiring order colors at the plugs of the Airtronics servos to that of a JR or Futaba.
A pin can be used to depress the locking detail of the individual wires while giving them a slight pull.
art
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:03 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
615 Posts
I like the red baron look on you bee Texas clouds and also how you made the entire verticle move over just having a rudder. Does it give it any extra athority or is it about the same as with just having a rudder?
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
Balsa Dust and CA Fumes
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Nice Bee

TC, A very nice Fokker Bee. You know for future builds I have to stop thing so traditionally. Mounting the servo upside down is a great idea. That way you have access equally. Do you have a side door to get to the servos?

I changed the push rod setup. Not sure if you guys use the black tube included. You get a piece of rubber tube which you cut into small bands and slide them over the guide tubes. I had to heat the bands to get them to stretch over the rods. Here you can see the new arrangement of the push rods and the black bands to hold the guide rods in place.

I'll put a note on those servo for future need about the wiring. For now I don't need them, so in the box they go.