HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:23 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Yesterday I flew one flight and thought the RX browned out. The plane crashed. I repaired it, replaced it with a new AR 6200 with primary and satellite receiver. Range checked was conducted and it checked out OK.

Three flights tonight and three tip stalls. No brownouts happened. Receiver was a solid color when I retrieved the plane. I suspect the nice glider wing aerodynamics is being disrupted and now it's prone to tip stalling.

Here is the video. Ideas? I am thinking the LED strips need to be embedded.

EDIT: According to a AJ BAKER, who has a lot of experinece with the Skysurfer plane and it flying characateristics, its basic design is prone to tipstalling. The LED strips on the bottom are making that tendency 20 times worse. The solution is to remove them or embed them into the wing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP6OwNSX1BY
You could run them chord wise in short strips to so not disrupt the air flow.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:07 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Peoblem solved with LED light strips on the Skysurfer. The Skysurfer is prone to tipstalling. The LED strips simply stuck to the surface in the lighting configuration I used resulted in 3 tip stalls and crashes. Problem is solved. I trenched, mounted ant tape over. Here is twilight video flight of the Skysurfer with 240 LEDs.

Twilight Night flight Skysurfer with 240 LEDs (7 min 11 sec)
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:56 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
what wire thickness are you guys running with these?
Hi this is Greg Tanous with the rcsuperhero aircraft -I'm going to let you in on my favorite wire to use with led lights! Its found in the rail road section! and its extremely light!!! and perfect to keep the weight down! -it's model power/rainbow line 1F2/C (two wires) or the four wire 1F4/C (four wires-you can easily pull it in to two two wire sections)

rcsuperhero vertical take off (MUST SEE!) (5 min 15 sec)

57 Inch mid-sized RcSuperHero -ASSAULT video (6 min 35 sec)
rcsuperhero is offline Find More Posts by rcsuperhero
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Nov 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
With best strip light, we can always do lots of amazing things. They are so widely used in supermarket, gallery, houses and other places indoors or outdoors for its long life span and energy-saving. I found these are pretty good:http://www.micmc.com/5m-3528smd-300l...rip-light.html
Eliz Ling is offline Find More Posts by Eliz Ling
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:32 AM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,555 Posts
For any LED strip you need to tin the connection pads first and tin your connection wires, then solder them together.

A good light weight wire can be found in any old computer cable such as a parallel printer cable.

Warning!!! At the Wally's Squadron fly in this last week several folks brought me over some planes to look at that the LED strip could not be made to come on. I found, by accident, the "+" and "-" were labeled backwards on the strip. The strip was being sold by a local vendor, maybe he got a deal on it.
Barn-E-Stormer is offline Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer