HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:41 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,561 Posts
Once I sell my SU29 I will pick one up.. I have to fix my rudder first.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:51 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,200 Posts
Guys, just wanted to give a big thanks for all your orders on our new Extra Slick. We have not seen such an demand for an airframe in house before to which I have a feeling there will be quite a few at E-Nall this year. They are almost sold out though we do have a few more coming in but at the rate they are selling we can not guaranty when we will have more in stock after the next smaller shipment comes in. The new 3DBuster is going to ship this week or early next, they are available as per-orders as of right now, this one is going to be crazy fun. And also we have the new Edge for you guys which will follow after the 3DBuster.

Thanks again and we are very please to hear you guys are enjoying you Extra Slicks. We wish we could make E-Nall but we look forward in seeing and hearing your enjoyment of the event.
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:34 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
Guys, just wanted to give a big thanks for all your orders on our new Extra Slick. We have not seen such an demand for an airframe in house before to which I have a feeling there will be quite a few at E-Nall this year. They are almost sold out though we do have a few more coming in but at the rate they are selling we can not guaranty when we will have more in stock after the next smaller shipment comes in. The new 3DBuster is going to ship this week or early next, they are available as per-orders as of right now, this one is going to be crazy fun. And also we have the new Edge for you guys which will follow after the 3DBuster.

Thanks again and we are very please to hear you guys are enjoying you Extra Slicks. We wish we could make E-Nall but we look forward in seeing and hearing your enjoyment of the event.
Is this the smaller Edge you referred to earlier? Or larger? Any specs?
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
Joined Jan 2005
286 Posts
Quote:

Good to hear!
jhicks is offline Find More Posts by jhicks
Old Sep 14, 2011, 04:26 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,595 Posts
Quote:

Glad I picked up a replacement for this for the future. Really enjoying the one I'm flying now. Rarely by the same plane twice, especially while one is still flying, but its good to know I'll have a back up.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:19 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,769 Posts
Good thing I was flying the Slick today, bad case of dumb thumbs. Cracked the right wing at the wing root twice and broke the motor mount. Wing was easy, just a gob of Welders and good as new. For the motor mount first I stuck the ply back together as good as I could and soaked it with ca, then I just added a couple of layers of fiberglass cloth and soaked it with thin ca and let it set. Then I just cut out the center hole for the motor shaft and put it all back together again and it flies like new. I was getting some weird ground swirls from the wind which didn't help either. Gotta love this plane and the durability.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
HEy Guys.... HEre is my Video of the Slick... What a great Plane!!! Unfortunately, Someone Tboned my Trailer and trashed a bunch of planes before I got the footage I wanted for the video!!!! BUt you can surely see I had a ball with it! Got my replacement coming. HOpe brad sends it before I go into withdrawal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFlcv-hd0FA
Wow, that slow rolling loop was gorgeous.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,561 Posts
Hey Brad or Dan.. Will you guys be @ the TD in October. If so I would like to pick it up from there.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:04 PM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,200 Posts
When is it.
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:07 AM
MT pockets
United States, NJ, West Milford
Joined Feb 2004
296 Posts
Quote:
When is it.
I believe it is set for Oct 16th @ GCA
doug6952 is offline Find More Posts by doug6952
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:12 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, SC, Manning
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on this one and can't wait to get it in. We have a big fly in this weekend and can't wait to show it off.
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:52 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,769 Posts
Lately this is the only plane I have been wanting to fly. It's just so convenient to leave it in the car and stop for quick flights. It works perfectly for the reasons I got it, flies great, very durable, convenient, and now that soccer season is in full swing it works well in the limited spaces that are available for flying. This time of year it's very hard to find anywhere to fly, every open field is used for soccer it seems like every available hour of the day.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:29 PM
Skullbone RC
Texas
Joined Nov 2009
43 Posts
Just ordered this, SWEET!!!!!
RCredneck is offline Find More Posts by RCredneck
Last edited by RCredneck; Sep 24, 2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I was lucky enough to get a pull on a fellow club members Extra Slick this weekend and all I can say is that this plane is amazing. I fly mostly giant scale gassers and usually stay away from smaller aircraft especially foam, but this plane flys so "big".

Signed,
Very Impressed

p.s. ordering tonight
LBK601 is offline Find More Posts by LBK601
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:34 PM
SoCal
Joined Aug 2010
150 Posts
I'm running the 30A ESC from TH on my Yak-55 and SU-29. Is there any reason to go with the 40A on the XS?

It looks like the 40A is about 16 grams heavier. I was initially running 2200 mAH lipo's on both planes, but now I prefer the 1550's and I like the lighter feel.
DarwinF is offline Find More Posts by DarwinF