HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Discussion
JetExtender 10 Extendable EDF from LF-Technik Germany (with Video)

Dear Sirs,

we are proud to present you a world novelty, our brand new JetExtender 10 extendable EDF for Gliders up to 10kg of weigt. It offers 5,5 kg of Thrust.
It allows you either to fly like a turbine powered acro glider (it also sounds like a turbine) or to climb up for thermal soaring. We deliver the completely assembled Carbon / Aluminum Mechanics with High End Carbon HST EDF and Motor and also with the completely per-programmed control electronics (plug and fly). Its Made in Germany.

There are 2 Versions of the JetExtender 10:

1.The Acro Version: It is made for Aerobatic Gliders like Fox, Swift, Kobuz etc. and it also extends the ESC with the EDF, so the ESC will be cooled very good, which is necessary for a flying style with long times of full throttle.

2. The Glider Version: It is very small and it fits perfectly into the small and narrow fuselages of Gliders like ASW, ASH, DG etc.

Here is the first video:

KlappImpeller / AusfahrImpeller Jet Extender 10 von LF-Technik (5 min 53 sec)

Here is the link to our website with more informations and pictures.

http://www.lf-technik.de/shop/Extend...ems:::383.html

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Lutz Focke
LF-Technik GmbH
Germany
Lutz Focke is offline Find More Posts by Lutz Focke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:40 PM
James
Australia, NSW, North Narrabeen
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
Wow cool concept, but the price is a little up there.
JimJams is offline Find More Posts by JimJams
Old Jun 19, 2013, 07:45 PM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,108 Posts
WOW and double WOW!!!

Impressive and quiet.

Will start to buy lottery tickets now. Expensive is right but very cool.
Slope P is online now Find More Posts by Slope P
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:20 AM
James
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
Hi Lutz, if you can afford it can I suggest you sell these at 1/2 the price? I don't think you will sell many at the current asking price, but at 1/2 the price every scale glider pilot would want one. I'd buy 2 right now if they were around the $500 mark.

Either that or sell it minus the ducted fan. Ducted fans are super cheap from Hobby King.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:36 AM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Hi,

for your information: It is a High End Product which is comparable to the Self Launch Systems from Schambeck (AFT, around 2500 EUR, without control) or Dr. Thoma (Orbis, almost the same price).

The Fan is one of the new HST Types (much engineering work, best materials), which are for example available from Schübeler Jets (around 700 EUR in this size). This is the guarantee for best power and a real turbine sound without any high frequencies.

We developed the complete mechanics (Made in Germany from Carbon and Aluminum, with ball bearings) and the complete electronics for the control of the extension and the brushless esc with many safety functions.

It is absolutely aerobatics compatible, so you can extend or retract it during any flying figure and at highest g-forces.

All in all its half of the price of other High End Self Launch Systems, but its with the control unit and it comes ready to run (no programming needed).

Best Regards,

Lutz Focke
LF-Technik GmbH
Old Jun 20, 2013, 07:00 AM
James
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
You can't blame me for trying ;-)
Old Jun 20, 2013, 07:43 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,997 Posts
I cannot afford to even dream of owning a plane that that could fit into...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:02 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,327 Posts
When one considers what must have into this project (R&D, tooling etc.), the price is [IMO] quite reasonable.

The problem here is that many people are now removed from engineering / the manufactured environment and have no feel for such projects. This is further compounded by cheap, far-eastern imports that distort our view of what things should cost.

I hope you sell as many as you would wish to - it's beautiful product.
Shedofdread is offline Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:24 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Oct 2005
495 Posts
Shred! Well said Sir. Lutz,nur ein Wort,Ausgezeichnet.Paul
paul dufek is offline Find More Posts by paul dufek
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:52 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Mar 2013
60 Posts
Awesome. Can you remove the 20% VAT for US customers? We're not required to pay it.
jwrendenver is offline Find More Posts by jwrendenver
Old Jun 21, 2013, 05:58 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
Looks great and as with all well designed things there are those who think, after a casual glance that they can do it cheaper. It looks very good to me. I'd rather buy a complete working unit than a bunch of cheap parts that I have to put together myself and might not do as well after the effort of trying to save a few dollars.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Jun 21, 2013, 06:50 AM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Hi,

thank you all for your comments. We can remove the 19% german VAT.

Here are some pictures.

Best Regards,

Lutz Focke
LF-Technik GmbH
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:05 AM
Fight On!
San Salvador, El Salvador
Joined May 2001
605 Posts
Could you provide more information on the motor, such as brand, KV, number of cells, etc. Awesome product!
mario alvarez is offline Find More Posts by mario alvarez
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined Nov 2006
14 Posts
Hi,

at the moment we use a HET Motor with 1200kV and 10S or 12S. With 10S there are 70Amps and with 12S 93Amps and 5,5 kg Thrust.

By the way: We are looking for distributors in many countries for our Self Launch Systems and for our Gyrobot Systems.

Lutz Focke
LF-Technik GmbH