SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwRcFlight View Post
... For further evidence of the potentially soon to be ex-DX8 I point to the promotion giving away the two extra receivers. That might not be the plan but ?????
That's there way of locking you in with the brand. Having receivers at hand you are more likely to buy planes/helis for them. If or when it comes times to upgrade brands then you are face with a decision of replacing X amount of plane with X amount of brand receivers.

People looking to upgrade for example and have a choice of DX8 or A9, you don't think having to replace example 15 receivers won't play into your decision...

Selling a radio with 3 receivers, chances are those receivers will go into something and then you are locked it unless you have the money to swap them out. Not everybody does.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
That's their way of locking you in with the brand....
What a diabolical plan. And it works so well!
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,664 Posts
Marketing at it's best.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2009
332 Posts
Andy,
Having grown tired of people bitching, I have come to a realization that most the bitching I'm tired of reading would be eliminated if you just made an update to adjust the alarm timer. It seems like it would take you programmers a day to write this into an update.
Why can't Spektrum just hurry this one up?
jbusick is offline Find More Posts by jbusick
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusick View Post
Andy,
Having grown tired of people bitching, I have come to a realization that most the bitching I'm tired of reading would be eliminated if you just made an update to adjust the alarm timer. It seems like it would take you programmers a day to write this into an update.
Right, and also an explanation as to why it was "Demoted" to 5 minutes and why we have been ignored and ridiculed.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Oct 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swashplates View Post
Hi

I bought a 8Channel RX AR8000 with a DSMX sign on it and a Telemetry Module TM1000 which has a DSM2 sign.

Now when i use those together with my DX8 will there be a Problem? Or is the Telemetry always only DSM2 binded to the TX?

should work without any problem. My TM1000 also has DSM2 sign, because as an "early adaptor" I had one of the first DX8. Both the RX and TM had already the DSMX build in, but were labeled with DSM2. With the newer airwave also the transmitter has DSMX.

Martin (DL8OAU)
Martin.Pruefer is offline Find More Posts by Martin.Pruefer
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:05 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Dec 2009
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Right, and also an explanation as to why it was "Demoted" to 5 minutes and why we have been ignored and ridiculed.

VP
Agreed. As tiring as this thread can be, I understand the catalyst of the complaints.
jbusick is offline Find More Posts by jbusick
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Agreed. As tiring as this thread can be, I understand the catalyst of the complaints.
Thank you

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swashplates View Post
Hi

I bought a 8Channel RX AR8000 with a DSMX sign on it and a Telemetry Module TM1000 which has a DSM2 sign.

Now when i use those together with my DX8 will there be a Problem? Or is the Telemetry always only DSM2 binded to the TX?

They will all work fine together. All TM1000's and TM1100's can use both DSM2 and DSMX systems. You need to bind the rx and tm at the same time, that's all.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:17 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,394 Posts
Quote:
Andy,
As noted months ago, we're still real busy. Back then I couldn't tell it you was the DX18, now I can.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
As noted months ago, we're still real busy. Back then I couldn't tell it you was the DX18, now I can.

Andy
Does this mean the inactivity alarm will be addressed in the next Airware update? If you acan't answer yes / no - just a Y or N please....
Piper J3 is offline Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Just here for the pie.
Canada, BC, Ashcroft
Joined Jun 2011
394 Posts
Instead of continuing to provide feedback without response, I've started the process of evaluating other radios. I won a Walkera DEVO-10 and I purchased a Turnigy 9X. I haven't received either yet (should be within the next week).

I also have a Tactic TTX600/TR624 combo, but that's my test bench radio so I don't have to use a 'good' receiver.

I don't have a huge investment in Spektrum with only 2 Parkzone UMs and the 2 AR8000's that came with my DX8 (plus an additional TM1000). I also have a buyer for my Spektrum stuff if I should choose abandon it.

The Parkzone UM's can easily have SuperMicro boards put in and the AR8000's can be replaced with FrSky receivers. The Turnigy 9X can be modded to be able to swap out the modules easily should I go that route.

I understand why Spektrum behaves the way it does and I'm not trying to knock them. I'm simply weighing my options at this point.

Cheers!
Randall
randall_l is offline Find More Posts by randall_l
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:53 AM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2010
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Andy,
Updating the firmware on the DX8 is simply not a high priority item at Spektrum. This is not a complaint or a criticism. Just a fact. Getting the DX18 to market has the potential for a much greater return to investors than a DX8 firmware update. This doesn't mean that a DX8 firmware update doesn't have some importance to them, it just isn't enough at the moment.
Lilienthal is offline Find More Posts by Lilienthal
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,787 Posts
Quote:
This thread has more crying and moaning than useful information.
You and others might look at the ignore feature of this forum. Most of the repetitive complaining comes from a very small number of forum users so putting just 1 to 4 people on ignore can change the thread a lot.

Of course you'll still see people complaining about the complaining, but if more people knew about the ignore list, we'd probably see less of that too.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:48 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Do you set up your own planes? Do you talk to members at the field? Do you ever have a drink at the field? Do you have a test bench? Do you have a simulator? Do you change batteries at the field? Do you....(fill in your own frequent 5 minute task )...................? If not, you must have a broken one! You are so lucky!

VP
I do, but i don't have a problem with it. I remember to turn it off when not in use. Plane gets unplugged, tx gets turned off. Pretty simplement actually.
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT