HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:21 AM
GEV * MEL * MIA * VIE
curr. Vienna AT
Joined Dec 2010
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zritter View Post
He has the v100d01 bnf's down to $99 bucks shipped...
Wow, that is a nice price! I paid $210 (exl. shipping) with the 2403 a year ago... It would be worth the price in parts...
travelller is offline Find More Posts by travelller
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
I have two of these and still fly them on a regular basis. The CB100 has become too easy so after a year I'm still getting better all the time on the V100. It's certainly not as easy to fly as the Genius but I like it better.
I'm hoping Walkera hasn't abanonded the FP helis. In fact, it would be great if they came out with a V100D01S that has a better RX and main gear. To me all the other components of this heli are fine. A long time ago I upgraded to Tatoo face carbon landing gear from Micro Heli Concepts, brushless tail motor on a carbon tail stand, and stainless tubing for the tail boom. If Walkera could produce an FP already set up this way with a more balance friendly RX I think they would have a hit on their hands. Just my opinion.

Does anyone know if the Genius RX would work on this heli?
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:23 AM
Phoenix,Az USA
Joined Nov 2008
107 Posts
Well I ended up ordering one. Ive been wanting to pick up a D01 anyways as I see it as the final offering, even the epitome of the 4#3 line, so at $99 bucks I couldnt resist. Really looking forward to tearing it down and building it back up with proper parts and direct wiring. Figure I can take upwards of 10 or even 15g off the auw using oversky motors, zippy 400mAh batteries, and just generally cleaning up the wiring, oh, and a JJS tailmount of course. Should be a fun project
Zritter is offline Find More Posts by Zritter
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,823 Posts
It's a decent deal for $99 for sure.

The HP02T is a good replacement for the original tail motor. I've used 2mm rod for the boom since the CF tube breaks with the first decent crash.

I flew my V100D01 #2 tonight... it is still fun. I'm liking the V120 size CP more these days, though not as crash tolerant.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:06 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
$99 is a great deal. I paid $239.95 for mine when it first came out.
I am still flying mine both indoors and outdoors. It is nice to fly it inside in the winter to keep in practice while waiting for good weather outside to fly my CP helicopters.
With the BL motors the heli is very powerful. After all the motor/pinions I tried I stayed with the HP05-2 w/16T pinion (4,215 RPM) and 2.5g tail motor.
There are many motor/pinion choices for this heli both inrunner and outrunner.

See my first page of this review for RX settings. Out of the box the heli needed RX adjusting especially for quick tight turns and outdoor flight.
Once the RX adjustments were fine tuned the heli flew great indoors and outdoors in aggressive flight.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,669 Posts
I agree $99. is a sick deal! I saw the sale a few days ago, and my jaw dropped @ the discounted price. The wait is excruciating, I need a couple of more days for my Paypal transfer to go thru.... save me one!

My CB100 is down for repairs....it's super stable and quick indoors. I haven't tried outdoors yet... but I heard it has FF turning limitations. (TechHead upg?)

So, I finished reading this really informative thread in the meantime.... thanks to all that contributed. It looks like a nice agile, quick heli that's an Intermediate type flyer and a progressive step after the CB100. The V100D01 is a great BNF for my 2403 TX, gotta put the 2403 to some good use before jumping to a Devo 6 or 7 to go with a MiniCP.

Tom, would you know if the HK C05XL motor is any close to the performance of the HP05-2?
I have a C05XL 16t on hand, and will try it on the CB100-JT100 upgrade in 2-3 weeks.
HP05-2 looks awesome!... but expensive, PM me if you have extra used motor... for my JT100/JTV100 build.

(Sorry Offtopic)
On my V120D01 I removed a servo ball-link from a servo, and I couldn't get it back-on. Stupidly, I removed the ball from the servo-arm to try and get a better angle. I could not get the link-arm back on the ball-link... forced the ball-on... and it popped-out the other side of the link-socket... rendering it useless now? I was holding the servo ball with plyers... and I think I messed-up some threads on it, because it is quite difficult to get the ball to screw back-on the servo-arm! I searched V120D01 parts online... and cannot find new link-balls to buy... just the link-arms. Sorry for the Offtopic, I'm just really stumped right now. Can PM if have solutions... Please?!!!

Thanks
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Just got done flying my V100D01 outside. Also flew my mCPX BL and Genius CP BL. First time I flew since last year.

The HP05-2 has more torque and KV than the C05 motor. I noticed a lot
more power and climb out with the HP05-2 compared to the C05.
The C05 on my mCPX and Genius are very powerful though.
I think the 19T pinion is what was the ideal pinion size for the C05
on the CB100. The one I flew with it had great power and climb out. I tached it at 4,230 RPM.
16T should work good also. Post back here when you try it out if you want.

Tom
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:19 AM
Spain, CL, Valladolid
Joined Oct 2011
203 Posts
I have been thinking about the 99$ offer for the V100D01 but I wonīt buy it. I prefer the V120D01 I have.

I sold my two CB100 and I like more the low broken parts rate of the V120D01. The CB100/V100D01 is a source of broken tail rotors, tail booms and permanent bent landing gears. In adition, the tail motor isnīt reliable, and the need of soldering is also anoying for me (tail boom or tail motor sustitution).

The tail authority of these tail motors is also low, if you compare it with torque tube or even with another brushed tail motors.

In adition, no DOA warranty and the possible bug (itīs supossed free bug version, but without any warranty...)
flyerinside is offline Find More Posts by flyerinside
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Tom Z.......you seem to be a very technical guy who likes to modify helis. Do you know or have you considered if the RX from a Genius CP will work with the V100D01? I like the full auto stable/balance function and speed of the servos that the Genus has. That's about all I like of the Genius.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
That would be interesting if it could work. You would also need a BL Converter/ESC for the V100D01 tail motor.

Maybe one of the tech guys reading this can answer if this would work or not.

I took my Walkera 4G6V2 and set the pitch curve 50% across and put on flat blades. It flew like a FP heli. So I don't see why the Genius RX couldn't work on the V100D01 (unless it would be too big and or heavy and assuming the servos could fit).

I have a spare Genius RX, Genius BL Tail Converter, and Genius servos here if it could work.

Tom
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Tom, is this Genius RX mated to a V100D01 experiment something you would be willing to try? Sounds like you already have all the parts. I would really be interested in knowing if it makes the perfectly balanced FP flyer and would like to make the mods myself if it works.
Thanks,
Travis
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Travis, here is what I have so far.
The Walkera Genius RX fits on the V100D01 and is lighter also.
I need to know if the Genius RX will run the V100D01 servos and
how would I run the V100 BL tail motor as the Genius RX is made to run a brush tail motor.
If it wasn't for the tail motor issue I would try out Genius RX now.
If the Genius RX won't run the V100 servos for some reason then the Genius servos
could be custom mounted. They are much smaller and lighter.
And the big question is can the Genius RX run a FP heli and would it be better than the V100 3 axis gyro?

Receiver: RX-2441V (V100D01)
Weight: 5.3 Grams

RX2625H Receiver (Genius CP)
Weight: 3.9 Grams

Tom
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Tom Z, it sounds like you are close to having this thing figured out. You know, I'm not sure the RX has much to do with the tail motor.....brushed or brushless. To me that seems to have more to do with the tail motor speed controller. Just my opinion. I guess I'm eager for you to try it out and see. I agree wtih you on the servos, if the Genius RX won't run the servos I think you could drill some slots in the bottom of the V100 frame to mount the Genius servos. Shouldn't be too hard to do.
Please let me know if you get this idea to work and more importantly how does it fly.
Thanks,
Travis
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Here is the walkera genius cp double brushless kit which has the bl tail motor esc/converter. This is what I would need to run the V100 bl tail motor.
I still don't know if the genius rx would work on the V100 and if it would run the servos or not so I don't wouldn't want to buy this kit.
The bl tail motor esc/converter is what is stopping me from trying this idea out.

Tom
Last edited by Tom Z; Jul 10, 2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Just made a post in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Selling two V100D01's and one V120D01 with lots of parts