SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Discussion
Sony Vegas Pro 9 Deshaker

I need help using the deshaker feature does anyone know how to do it?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:39 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Here is a screen shot, I hit Setlogname and then analyze and I wait and nothing happens at all, ever.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:11 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Doesn't anyone here use this software?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:25 AM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Doesn't anyone here use this software?
I have vegas, but seldom use it. I also use deshaker in virtualdub. I tried to use it in Vegas, but I had no luck. There are tutorials on youtube for both vegas and deshaker in virtualdub.

Either way, you'll end up with a HUGE file.......
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:23 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signguy View Post
I have vegas, but seldom use it. I also use deshaker in virtualdub. I tried to use it in Vegas, but I had no luck. There are tutorials on youtube for both vegas and deshaker in virtualdub.

Either way, you'll end up with a HUGE file.......
I have not seen any tutorials for the Vegas Deshaker anywhere, do you have a link?
Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:25 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,958 Posts
I thought there was a filter you needed to download - have you done this? Also when looking at the filter, it said something about not working on 64bit versions. Not sure either if this is your case. I'm back to version 7 myself, so can't help above that.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Yes it says it only works with the 32bit version, I have the trial version and I am not sure if it is 64 or 32 bit. Is there a way to find that out. I also believe there is an add on to convert the video which I have to find.
Deshaker is so important for Aerial videos, I am surprised there is not a thread about it.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
I found this online.
http://amediaprof.com/content/index....d=15&Itemid=27
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:49 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,600 Posts
Quote:
Yes it says it only works with the 32bit version, I have the trial version and I am not sure if it is 64 or 32 bit. Is there a way to find that out. I also believe there is an add on to convert the video which I have to find.
Deshaker is so important for Aerial videos, I am surprised there is not a thread about it.

I have used the stabilizer in Vegas Movie studio 10 and IMO it degrades the footage to the point where the original is better. Smooth flying is still the only way to get the good stuff. The only image stabilizer that impressed me so far is the product frogman is testing. It is a lot more money but you get what you pay for.

Maybe the stabilizer in Vegas pro is different but the others don't impress me at all. FWIW Sony along with a pile of other sofware manufactures will often state that their product is not supported running 64 bit systems . I have been running these same programs on 64 bit for three yrs without trouble. "not supported" does not mean it won't run well. They just don't want to help you if things get buggy

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Aug 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
I have used the stabilizer in Vegas Movie studio 10 and IMO it degrades the footage to the point where the original is better. Smooth flying is still the only way to get the good stuff. The only image stabilizer that impressed me so far is the product frogman is testing. It is a lot more money but you get what you pay for.

Maybe the stabilizer in Vegas pro is different but the others don't impress me at all. FWIW Sony along with a pile of other sofware manufactures will often state that their product is not supported running 64 bit systems . I have been running these same programs on 64 bit for three yrs without trouble. "not supported" does not mean it won't run well. They just don't want to help you if things get buggy

Mike
Thanks for the input Mike.
I have been putting in alot of time into making my Octo's as smooth and stabile as possible. I had high hopes for the Deshakers to do the rest. I have seen some impressive videos on Youtube. I hope I can use this technology to polish up my videos.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:08 PM
Joined Jul 2009
11 Posts
Quote:
I dont know if anyone has written about useing Deshaker but you are right, a good tutorial would be good.
I have used Deshaker within Virtualdub for smoothing aerial vids taken from kites some of which were quite juddery to say the least and not useable without smoothing, quite a learning curve though.
The files need not be any larger than the originals, just a matter of setting the compression to be used, some quality loss is inevitable as depending on settings a little digital zoom is used to lose border movement during playback, on most of the stuff I have smoothed the quality loss has been insignificant.

Some help here,
http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...aker_guide.htm
Bruce too is offline Find More Posts by Bruce too
Last edited by Bruce too; Aug 16, 2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:27 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,958 Posts
Tarro - I thought through our PM conversation, you had someone doing post production work for you. What are they using to deshake your vids?

I know the best I've seen deshake wise has been final cut's built in stabilizer - I'm just not willing to buy a whole new editing computer that would be needed to run it Hopefully Frogman's solution will release soon.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Aug 16, 2010, 05:41 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege View Post
Tarro - I thought through our PM conversation, you had someone doing post production work for you. What are they using to deshake your vids?

I know the best I've seen deshake wise has been final cut's built in stabilizer - I'm just not willing to buy a whole new editing computer that would be needed to run it Hopefully Frogman's solution will release soon.
He is using Final Cut, I am looking for something I can do quickly and on the road.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:24 PM
Lexington, KY
Joined Oct 2009
693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by power View Post
Smooth flying is still the only way to get the good stuff.

Mike
While I agree smooth flying is important a video will always look a little "amateurish" IMO unless a deshaker is used. RC planes/helicopters simply don't fly smooth enough to replicate the smoothness a computer can produce.

This is the kind of quality I'm referring to:
http://www.destination-hd.com/
cannondale1974 is offline Find More Posts by cannondale1974
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:35 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale1974 View Post
While I agree smooth flying is important a video will always look a little "amateurish" IMO unless a deshaker is used. RC planes/helicopters simply don't fly smooth enough to replicate the smoothness a computer can produce.

This is the kind of quality I'm referring to:
http://www.destination-hd.com/
Nice website, I love what they have done with it. I have no plans on using an RC helicopter of that size for the videos I want to make. I feel they are to dangerous. What I am excited about is that every year the technology gets smaller and liter.