SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
228 Posts
Hello
I need help i am usin a f550 with tiger motor MT 2216 11 kv900 with dji esc 30 amp and 10x5 graupner my batery is 5800 on 4s and gimbal gopro total 2,6 kg
A wookong on 5.14
I can take off on att mode but if. I put stick on center the f550 go back and roll to right
It don t want to stay without mouvement
i have try recalibrate my radio T8FG But nothing
Recalibrate dji calibration sofware ... nothing
i have remote gain on x2 and x3 to roll and pitch gain i put it to 200 and it is not better .
If somebody can help me .
Thanks a lot
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:17 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaudet View Post
Hello
I need help i am usin a f550 with tiger motor MT 2216 11 kv900 with dji esc 30 amp and 10x5 graupner my batery is 5800 on 4s and gimbal gopro total 2,6 kg
A wookong on 5.14
I can take off on att mode but if. I put stick on center the f550 go back and roll to right
i have remote gain on x2 and x3 to roll and pitch gain i put it to 200 and it is not better .
Thanks a lot
sounds to me like you need to balance the craft before take off.
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:51 PM
Rsc
Uk, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2003
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
What camera are you flying with that ship?
All sorts, mainly a canon XF105, then we get full gimbal use 360 pan and tilt. Its an AV200 gimbal so restricted by that.
Rsc is offline Find More Posts by Rsc
Old Oct 07, 2012, 06:06 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
sounds to me like you need to balance the craft before take off.
yes but if i do that ..CG change and xy value too ...same problem ...
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:56 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,759 Posts
Quote:
yes but if i do that ..CG change and xy value too ...same problem ...
Static balance the F550 with the craft ready to fly. Balance arm to arm and get it perfect. The X, Y axis should be in the physical center of the craft. Then hang the craft from a motor and see where a line along the line of the hanger would set the Z axis. Now you can set your X, Y, Z settings in Assistant.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:40 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Hello there,
my experiences.. i have 3 WKM in 3 different MultiCopters with 5.14 and they have all the same issue..
the RTH doesn't work! When i switch to FS in one of them the Multirotor come back to the start position at 20 meters in the air but doesn't land, it stay in the air until the Lipo is discharged and i have to land manually in Atti or Gps mode.
Another one when i switch to FS, first to all lose his altitute of 1 meter then turn deliberately in a direction then it stop and turn again in another direction at 20 meters of distance, then it stop again and turn again in another direction, lose the altitute then it go again at 20 meters and never stop to go here and there until i come back to Atti or GPS!!
Same thing with 5.14a and 5.14.
Today i come back to 5.12 before i broke something...
DJI need to be sure about what he release becouse we don't have to be as BETA TESTER for them...
we pay thousands of Euros and $ to buy our stuff and they release buggy firmware before be sure of what they are releasing..
I'm really disappointed about this kind of behaviors from big society like DJI.
If one of our machine crash for a firmware problem above the head of someone or car or what you want we are done!

Sardinia Multirotors
http://www.brombo.it
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:26 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Just an idea...

Wouldn't it be nice if DJI also offered a stripped down firmware with just the basic features of early firmwares and nothing else? Some of us don't need all this fancy features and just want stable basic firmware. If I could use 5.02 with Zenmuse and iOSD I would!
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:42 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
542 Posts
My WK-M octo with Z15 on 5.14 is as stable as ever. No problems here. On 5.12, I experienced the sudded motor start of 7 and 8 while waiting for GPS. My other wk-m is an octo xl also on 5.14. No issues. =)
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:04 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
My WK-M octo with Z15 on 5.14 is as stable as ever. No problems here. On 5.12, I experienced the sudded motor start of 7 and 8 while waiting for GPS. My other wk-m is an octo xl also on 5.14. No issues. =)
So you mean that the 5.14 is stable with the flat octo's?

I have two of them and I'm scared to fly them..
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:38 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Hello
A wookong on 5.14
Thanks a lot
Hi
I have a similar set up , just like yours - same Frame - props are APC - T- motors 800kv -Esc's 30 amp Flyfun ( hobby wing) power up with the 3s 5000mah - go pro gimbal ( Aeroxcraft) AUW 2.4 kg flying time 8 minutes Tx- T18MZ i have been flying with this set-up ( version one WK) 5:12 firmware 5:12a Now 5:14 no hiccups at all dedicated laptop ( window Xp version) just for WK's and NAZA or other FC's
Basic gain : 140 :140: 120 : 140
ATT: 90: 90
Shiu
exopackshiu is offline Find More Posts by exopackshiu
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
Check your setup in assistant software, maybe the RTH it's only in hover mode i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo View Post
Hello there,
my experiences.. i have 3 WKM in 3 different MultiCopters with 5.14 and they have all the same issue..
the RTH doesn't work! When i switch to FS in one of them the Multirotor come back to the start position at 20 meters in the air but doesn't land, it stay in the air until the Lipo is discharged and i have to land manually in Atti or Gps mode.
Another one when i switch to FS, first to all lose his altitute of 1 meter then turn deliberately in a direction then it stop and turn again in another direction at 20 meters of distance, then it stop again and turn again in another direction, lose the altitute then it go again at 20 meters and never stop to go here and there until i come back to Atti or GPS!!
Same thing with 5.14a and 5.14.
Today i come back to 5.12 before i broke something...
DJI need to be sure about what he release becouse we don't have to be as BETA TESTER for them...
we pay thousands of Euros and $ to buy our stuff and they release buggy firmware before be sure of what they are releasing..
I'm really disappointed about this kind of behaviors from big society like DJI.
If one of our machine crash for a firmware problem above the head of someone or car or what you want we are done!

Sardinia Multirotors
http://www.brombo.it
cortez is offline Find More Posts by cortez
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
483 Posts
Need more flight time

I am currently running 5.0 ma batteries on my 550 hex. Props are 10 inch and stock esc's and motors. I also have landing gear and gopro camera mount from xaerocraft. I am only getting 4 minutes per battery or less per flight. What do I have to change to get more battery life? It would be nice to even add a couple of minutes to this time. Thanks for any help.

Jerry
jerrymeister is offline Find More Posts by jerrymeister
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:16 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
So is it safe to fly a flat Octo on any of the FW versions? I had my new octo flip and do $400 worth of damage.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Mar 2006
102 Posts
Hello dji owners,
I wanted to give my feedback, and get opinions.
I just converted my DJI WKM from a quad rotor X to octo rotor X and upgraded to 5.14.
I have a problem with the yaw, it oscillates very much. The octo takes too long to correct the yaw drift. Should I recalibrate the compass? Does anymore have the same problem?
When I had it as a quad, it was very stable.
eLviSH is offline Find More Posts by eLviSH
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:33 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLviSH View Post
Hello dji owners,
I wanted to give my feedback, and get opinions.
I just converted my DJI WKM from a quad rotor X to octo rotor X and upgraded to 5.14.
I have a problem with the yaw, it oscillates very much. The octo takes too long to correct the yaw drift. Should I recalibrate the compass? Does anymore have the same problem?
When I had it as a quad, it was very stable.
Everytime you add or subtract anything electronic on your Copter you have to recalibrate the compass.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)