HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2015, 08:59 PM
"Doc"
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
171 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix RC 5.x - enhanching your training?

Love having this simulation tool. Some models are definitely more accurate than others, in handling and also their overall behavior. Regardless, they provide priceless stick time, to create muscle memory on your fingers in order to constantly improve that "Brain-to-Plane" connection.

How do you go about increasing the skills needed for flying? meaning:

Got my T28, and I love flying it. However, in Phoenix RC its much slower, and does not seem to provide me with some of those similar characteristics, such as hot landings, etc.

What would you go about changing first? I started playing with the Edit command, and was able to increase throttle to 150%, and RPM from 8500 to 15k.

Is that more advantageous than simply changing the simulation speed to say, 110% or 120%? Wanted to ask those who have been flying it longer than me, since its time for me to start pushing the sim and build a sharper response to the plane's turns and climbs.

PS: Oh also, never found a White/Orange color scheme for the Trojan. Does it even exist somewhere?

Cheers
mjgravina is offline Find More Posts by mjgravina
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:43 AM
a random dude
Joined Nov 2014
126 Posts
You're on the right track by editing your models. The more I use it, the more I find the need to edit every model.

Not sure of all the settings that you've tried, but when you refer to 'simulation speed' are you changing System - Program Setup and the changing Simulation speed on the Physics tab? That could make things more challenging/realistic but I haven't played with that setting very much.

One thing that I do on every model (maybe you already to this). Is under Model - Edit, expand the Model and Physical and change Setup to 100% (or more ).

I wish it were easier to import models models into Phoenix as of course they mostly stay with the Horizon group of brands.

cheers!
sconnie is offline Find More Posts by sconnie
Last edited by sconnie; Feb 10, 2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 02:05 PM
"Doc"
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sconnie View Post
You're on the right track by editing your models. The more I use it, the more I find the need to edit every model.

Not sure of all the settings that you've tried, but when you refer to 'simulation speed' are you changing System - Program Setup and the changing Simulation speed on the Physics tab? That could make things more challenging/realistic but I haven't played with that setting very much.

One thing that I do on every model (maybe you already to this). Is under Model - Edit, expand the Model and Physical and change Setup to 100% (or more ).

I wish it were easier to import models models into Phoenix as of course they mostly stay with the Horizon group of brands.

cheers!
Thanks for the advice! Yeah i did notice that setting simulation speed to 110% actually changed for all my models. They actually fly a bit more realistically as far as time response is concerned. All i want is models that emulate the speed required to react to maintain a smooth flight.
The other setting you nentioned was very helpful, gave the model a bit more crispness.
been playing with skins, gonna try to come up with a white/red navy one of my own. Love this program.
Thanks again!
mjgravina is offline Find More Posts by mjgravina